Page 63 of 81 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

What is everyone's opinion of Barry's new 52 suit? From a fans perspective. I really like it but then, I don't like Barry as much as you guys do. Besides the chin strap what else would you change while still keeping it within modern superhero fashion trends?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    What is everyone's opinion of Barry's new 52 suit? From a fans perspective. I really like it but then, I don't like Barry as much as you guys do. Besides the chin strap what else would you change while still keeping it within modern superhero fashion trends?
    To me at least, The Flash costume is an iconic costume. I don’t really see the need to add anything to it because it’s a great look! Get rid of the chin strap and the dumb armour looking lightning bolts that run through it. That’s just me

I like it. I like the lines because they help break-up the red on the costume and I even like the chin strap because it makes the mask look tighter, which is good for a character that needs to go super fast because it looks like it would stay on Barry's head better.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I like it. I like the lines because they help break-up the red on the costume and I even like the chin strap because it makes the mask look tighter, which is good for a character that needs to go super fast because it looks like it would stay on Barry's head better.
    I think much like New 52 Superman's suit, it looks better when drawn by a particular artists. Like for me Manupal and Fabok draw it best. I bet we can all agree it looks better than his DC YOU getup. Was there ever an explanation on why he even used that costume in the first place?

I think much like New 52 Superman's suit, it looks better when drawn by a particular artists. Like for me Manupal and Fabok draw it best. I bet we can all agree it looks better than his DC YOU getup. Was there ever an explanation on why he even used that costume in the first place?
    I think Flash's New 52 costume looked good when it is drawn by most artists. Most of DC's biggest heroes were changing their costumes for DC YOU and so DC decided to give Barry a new costume. As for why it looked like that, I think DC wanted to make Barry's costume look more like the Flash's costume from the CW show.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I think Flash's New 52 costume looked good when it is drawn by most artists. Most of DC's biggest heroes were changing their costumes for DC YOU and so DC decided to give Barry a new costume. As for why it looked like that, I think DC wanted to make Barry's costume look more like the Flash's costume from the CW show.
    When ironically the suit in the show was changing to be more like the comics. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Hal and Barry together never gets old .

When ironically the suit in the show was changing to be more like the comics. Go figure.
    At least they changed Barry’s comic costume back not long after.

I am also glad they have been changing Barry’s CW costume to look more like Barry’s comic costume.

Astonishing Member

I thought he was one of the winners of the New 52 costume redesign contests - his current Rebirth costume is frankly not too different from the N52 version, but luckily it was always sort of just the iconic red Flash costume just with some zig-zaggy trim-work that could occasionally light up to exaggerate the lightning effect.

That Divergence costume though ... ugh that was just one of the most dreadful things I've ever seen. Divergence ... that time when Flash, Aquaman, Hal Jordan, and Wonder Woman, just looked effing dreadful ... Batman was a blue police robot with Jim Gordon in it ... and Superman's new look with the t-shirt, jeans, and buzzcut were really good ... but badly timed because ALL of his other teammates looked so daffy that the League looked effing silly.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I thought he was one of the winners of the New 52 costume redesign contests - his current Rebirth costume is frankly not too different from the N52 version, but luckily it was always sort of just the iconic red Flash costume just with some zig-zaggy trim-work that could occasionally light up to exaggerate the lightning effect.

That Divergence costume though ... ugh that was just one of the most dreadful things I've ever seen. Divergence ... that time when Flash, Aquaman, Hal Jordan, and Wonder Woman, just looked effing dreadful ... Batman was a blue police robot with Jim Gordon in it ... and Superman's new look with the t-shirt, jeans, and buzzcut were really good ... but badly timed because ALL of his other teammates looked so daffy that the League looked effing silly.
    Yeah Divergence I think was DC in a bit of an identity crisis no pun intended.

I loved the N52 suit all the way up until they changed it to look more like the TV show. It was a great change from the solidness of Red we've always had (not that I dont love that either) He had a great look to him. Manupal drawing N52 Flash is still one of my all time favorite designs/looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hal and Barry together never gets old .
    never does. never will.

The Only Lawyer who could have Won Barry's Case over DeVoe's Murder:
    IMG_3293.JPG