Page 209 of 303 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 4544

I would after all the crap that Freyja pulled during Agent of Loki that he would not want to associate with her. I kind of want the writers to really show that Freyja's actions has really damaged her relationship with Loki. It doesn't seem afterwards that it made him reluctant to trust her like he does with Odin.

- haha! well done, it seems that in Marvel Heroes are listening suggestions, thatīs good specially given how much Loki needed a new update.

- About Loki possible enemies in the future ... first Laufey (even if I donīt think heīs going to survive Aaronīs run) as was said bedore if Laufey has other sons they could work as enemies specially if someday Loki has a plan that needs the throne of Jotunheim for some reason, Mephisto or Hela could be both enemies and allies depending of the situation, thereīs Cul too and I would love to see a Loki vs Malekith.

- About Avac, I play in my phone and I was able to play without problems until this summer, the "funny" thing is that now Contest of Champions works when the last time I tried to install it didnīt so the most possible option is that my phone hates me because I let it fall down many time.
    Also about the game, they made a poll a few week about the Halloween costumes, right? I think the "Werewolf Captain America" won but Loki as Thor was the second one (I really ant to see the dialogues that come with the costume

- I hope that if at the end "Jane" is Mjolnir it has a very very good explanation because if not it could be in the TOP 10 Thorīs WTF moments.

I just hope my suggestion for illusionary snakes makes it in. When I first suggested it back when they were doing that rework that didn't go so well, it was because I felt that he needed a non-summon based nuke (I mean, I play as a hybrid summoner so would probably still use Arcane Ruin, but some people do like to play without the summons, but it lacked the burst damage of the summon tree) and when I saw the way they were drawn and coloured in Mighty Thor and later Vote Loki, i thought it was perfect cus it matched the look they already have in game.

Laufey, it feels like they have barely scratched the surface of what they can do with him. There seems to be a theme going on with parents, and i think that's part of why he was brought in, but still, it was a pretty big deal to resurrect him after having been dead for thousands of years, so to have him and Loki bicker for a few issues is not quite the payoff you'd expect. So i dunno, hopefully something is planned to explore that, either in Mighty Thor itself or elsewhere, because otherwise it would be a big wasted opportunity.

AVAC - I really can't see them do a whole Halloween event and only do ONE costume. I mean, we got FIVE this event. I am sure the big 4 (Tony, Wasp, Loki, Nat) will all get costumes, and maybe extend to Cap and Falcon, maybe even Enchantress as well.

And yeah, I would very much prefer it was Loki. It's just not feeling right to me for it to be him in those pages, though. And though creating a construct of Jane would be kinda out of nowhere, they have at least dropped several hints that the hammer is actually sentient.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-18-2016 at 03:00 AM.

Amazing Member

I'm so hoping that Jane is going to be Mjolnir! BUT, I do want it to have a good explanation attached to the reveal if it is Mjolnir.

P.S. I'm Back! XD

Welcome!

Hereīs the Vote Loki preview :

http://www.comicosity.com/preview-vote-loki-4/

mmm... I think this is the most close weīve of Lokiīs true POV (not acting) in the whole series, and that it reinforces a bit the theory of him doing all that to help his public image because as a god he needs that, but the negative responses are doing the complete opposite. (Also ugh... those faces are getting worse)

Also Loki has a little mention in the TMT 14 solicitation:

-The War of the Realms has spread to every branch of the World Tree!

-Thor and the new League of Realms have fought valiantly to restore the peace, but the road is fraught with challenges they’d not anticipated.

-Malekith has formed a wicked union of his own, calling on Loki and the all-new KURSE to take down Thor and her band of heroes!

From what we know itīs very possible that Loki will do something similar to his deal with Dario, also I can easily see Loki trying to make the distrust between Dario and Malekith grows giving them something that looks like something useful but that has a great potential to backfire.

Preview is encouraging, (though yeah, the art is.... not great...) solicit not so much. Though we have seen that Marvel is quite willing to push the idea that he's evil again in the solicits in order to make things less predictable. But I do really hope they aren't. I want him to be successful in redefining himself, not merely a sympathetic bad guy where he's doing bad things but you can get his motivations. But it is really very possible he's going to double cross Malekith. I just kinda wish he'd get around to actually doing it already.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Tis the pain of reading monthly. You have to wait over a long period to get the twist.

I'm hoping that it's a case of them not turning him evil either. There's a lot riding on this character in regards to showing that you can evolve a villain to something more then that. Double crossing Mal isn't going to make them happy. Wonder if he's going to work with the elf guy we saw recently in TMT. Also if that is the Hammer turned human, it's going to be weird because as far as I understand that hammer has never had the ability to do that. Unless that's loki rewriting something or connected to the whisper.

Also, art needs to change for this series.

I donīt pay much atention to solicits, just the basic information because usually the way these are written is over the top and made to intrigue and multiply the suspense.
    But when you look at the issue itself I think itīs pretty clear (not with all the details of course) which way are they choosing for Loki, and this way makes clear that the writers are aware of the previous material, it can be applied to both series where you can see it even if we donīt have Lokiīs POV all the time (specially in Vote Loki, although in this last preview he sounds more "honest").

And yeah, monthly series are a pain to read specially when you are waiting a twist that you know is going to happen but takes too long.

idk, maybe its because Iīve gotten used to read manga where there are stories that are sooo slow and with soo many hiatus (anyone know Berserk? that one is a nightmare to read "monthly") , so I donīt see the story in TMT to be very slow (I only felt it really slow in the first part when they were still hiding Thorīs identity), but itīs not very fast either, we also have to remember that the main character is Jane and there so many characters involved in the story, to be honest what is worrying me if the future Shiīar war, like "whatīs the point of these guys here right now?" they look like a distraction from the main plot, UNLESS it ties to Unworthy Thor and/or some aspect of the war of the realms, itīs a bit too soon for judge the decision so Iīll wait to see what happens and why.

Having said that I think (and hope) that Loki will have to show some of his cards at the end of the next arc, Malekith could suspect of his intentions if the plan fails, when you think about it Lokiīs completely alone during this whole undercover mission, he could end being the enemy of both sides if the Dark Council turns against him but he has not prove Jane and the others why he did all that yet (unless he decides to take the risk of being seen as an enemy of both sides which is also an option) of course all of this in pure speculation of a hypothetical future scenario that may never hapen

I'm actually pretty ok with slow pace most of the time as well. I got into comics with Vertigo stuff which tends to have a fairly leisurely pace. And reading it, particularly in a long stretch, I think the pacing is fine. I just get a bit anxious about Loki. I just want him to stay on a good(ish) path.

People here will probably be interested in this: http://www.teeturtle.com/products/lo...shinyheroes915

anyway. I coloured that sketch I did a little while ago:

and in the process revived my long-dead dA gallery for at least a little while: http://jilljohansen.deviantart.com/a...Loki-635677106
    Last edited by Raye; 09-20-2016 at 09:55 PM.

Amazing Member

Well read vote Loki 4 art got worse if at all possible ��the ending was cute in away he manages to get out he is a god of stories and the last page is classic Loki in my humble opinion. One of the other canidates made a bargain to get Loki to split the vote and the candidate got in .

I still believe that the thor that showed up was Loki but seeing how happy Jane was in her cameo at the end could it of been her ? But any way I give the story a 5.5 out of ten I would of given it more but I wanted more lok point of view and the art did not help

I thought it ended nicely, he did a nice thing. By doing some questionable to bad things, but still. His intentions were good(ish). I did have some problems with it though. I think it could have used a few more issues, and i would have liked more focus on Loki. I get that his motivations were supposed to be a mystery, but I didn't go into this to read about Nisa, I went in to it to read about Loki. Also, that bit with the exploding dude. I mean, did he REALLY need Angela to take care of that? that's something he could have easily done on his own. I know he's not as strong as Thor, but he is still an Asgardian (well, Frost Giant, but same difference) which makes him a brick by human standards. Even if he couldn't have magicked something up to deal with it, he wasn't in any real danger, (though, those around him would have been) and he's still strong enough that he could have just tossed him up there just like Angela did. Even in Young Avengers Gillen made a point of mentioning that even though he looked like a kid, he could rip a person's arms off effortlessly, and I would assume he's stronger now that he's all grown up. I mean yeah it may have been part of his plan, but he could not have known what Angela would specifically ask for as payment.I dunno, that just bugged me.

Anyway, Loki is in the preview for Infamous Iron Man in flashback http://www.previewsworld.com/Article/184193 Just a flashback to the Cabal days, but still.

Amazing Member

I think that was due to story plot as so far Angela has not done anything real story wise this is the only issues she is used more then once . As to strength wise they always play Loki as the one who would rather use his brains and magic or some one like Angela then himself at risk . I think the only time I've seen him due any hard work was when he visited Mephistopheles realm to make that sword whith parts of Keldas soul in the lead up to siege . But I could be wrong . just a note I play Avengers Academy's and if you have not upgraded JJ or Elertica you can still as the story board is giving out sai and cameras for missions and really good amounts between 5-10 a shot .

yeah, he would RATHER use his wits, but that doesn't stop him from being super durable and strong by human standards, or being able to handle things in a more direct manner should the need arise. The point is he wasn't actually in any danger. He could take an explosion like that with little issue. Or he could magic up a forcefield to contain the explosion, or levitate the guy in the air. LOKI didn't need Angela, the STORY did. They wanted the bit where Angela spilled the beans on him, so she had to be there and do that no matter how little sense it made.

I mean. for all it's other continuity problems, Gambit v Deadpool at least got that right. Gambit exploded him and he was FINE. He got right back up and flirted with Gambit. He also fought Iron Fisted Deadpool hand to hand. (other than that though, so much wrong, there is absolutely no way it can fit into current continuity)
    Last edited by Raye; 09-22-2016 at 06:37 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I thought it ended nicely, he did a nice thing. By doing some questionable to bad things, but still. His intentions were good(ish). I did have some problems with it though. I think it could have used a few more issues, and i would have liked more focus on Loki. I get that his motivations were supposed to be a mystery, but I didn't go into this to read about Nisa, I went in to it to read about Loki. Also, that bit with the exploding dude. I mean, did he REALLY need Angela to take care of that? that's something he could have easily done on his own. I know he's not as strong as Thor, but he is still an Asgardian (well, Frost Giant, but same difference) which makes him a brick by human standards. Even if he couldn't have magicked something up to deal with it, he wasn't in any real danger, (though, those around him would have been) and he's still strong enough that he could have just tossed him up there just like Angela did. Even in Young Avengers Gillen made a point of mentioning that even though he looked like a kid, he could rip a person's arms off effortlessly, and I would assume he's stronger now that he's all grown up. I mean yeah it may have been part of his plan, but he could not have known what Angela would specifically ask for as payment.I dunno, that just bugged me.

Anyway, Loki is in the preview for Infamous Iron Man in flashback http://www.previewsworld.com/Article/184193 Just a flashback to the Cabal days, but still.
    I thought he was just bs'ing at the end of it. He says something along the lines of "yeah, that'll work". Though he very well might have pulled the strings to get her the job once he lost, I don't think his intention was to lose. Once he did, he had to find a way to wrap it up all nicely, hence his comment about "not being a moral parable" when he went to phone the politician. He's trying to reshape his mythos, so it had to be some sort of story.

Overall, I'd say I was underwhelmed (though part of that may have been due to my disappointment with Thor, which I read first). I still think that the methods he used were at least borderline evil, even if his intentions were good. For instance, since no one else was revealed to have killed the hydra agents, I'd say it's safe to assume he arranged that. Which I think is kind of extreme. They were already in custody.

Quote Originally Posted by Rc1ca View Post
    I think that was due to story plot as so far Angela has not done anything real story wise this is the only issues she is used more then once . As to strength wise they always play Loki as the one who would rather use his brains and magic or some one like Angela then himself at risk . I think the only time I've seen him due any hard work was when he visited Mephistopheles realm to make that sword whith parts of Keldas soul in the lead up to siege . But I could be wrong . just a note I play Avengers Academy's and if you have not upgraded JJ or Elertica you can still as the story board is giving out sai and cameras for missions and really good amounts between 5-10 a shot .
    Thor gets turned into a dumb brute and Loki into a wimp. Based on plenty examples from continuity, I'd say neither of these is strictly true, but it still happens.

Insert bitching about TMT that I didn't want to do on the official thread, because it is mostly me crying about it being the hammer and not Loki. (I think I mentioned it but didn't complain much, it feels more appropriate to this thread). I'd say I'm not sure why Aaron chose to use the hammer when Loki's already established (unless he really does want him to be evil or more 'morally grey' as Raye kinda mentioned earlier), but I'm so biased it's ridiculous. I guess maybe to highlight the importance, but the whole thing felt somewhat convoluted, especially as it was explained by a power that can only be used every millenia or so. Isn't that convenient. Yeah, that does make it so we're not always asking why it doesn't show up, but I'm not sure it adds anything to the underlying mythology either. We already had it strongly implied that the hammer was sentient. I guess this confirms it, but I'm still not sure it was necessary.

It does make it possible that the December issue is the next Loki interacts with Thor, although I hope we continue to see him here and there in his own arc as Aaron has been doing thus far.

Edit: It was nice to see him concerned about the citizenry and defending their right to vote for someone else. And also trying to get them to stop rioting (in Vote Loki, I switched topics again )
    Last edited by Riimi; 09-22-2016 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riimi View Post
    I thought he was just bs'ing at the end of it. He says something along the lines of "yeah, that'll work". Though he very well might have pulled the strings to get her the job once he lost, I don't think his intention was to lose. Once he did, he had to find a way to wrap it up all nicely, hence his comment about "not being a moral parable" when he went to phone the politician. He's trying to reshape his mythos, so it had to be some sort of story.

Overall, I'd say I was underwhelmed (though part of that may have been due to my disappointment with Thor, which I read first). I still think that the methods he used were at least borderline evil, even if his intentions were good. For instance, since no one else was revealed to have killed the hydra agents, I'd say it's safe to assume he arranged that. Which I think is kind of extreme. They were already in custody.

Thor gets turned into a dumb brute and Loki into a wimp. Based on plenty examples from continuity, I'd say neither of these is strictly true, but it still happens.

Insert bitching about TMT that I didn't want to do on the official thread, because it is mostly me crying about it being the hammer and not Loki. (I think I mentioned it but didn't complain much, it feels more appropriate to this thread). I'd say I'm not sure why Aaron chose to use the hammer when Loki's already established (unless he really does want him to be evil or more 'morally grey' as Raye kinda mentioned earlier), but I'm so biased it's ridiculous. I guess maybe to highlight the importance, but the whole thing felt somewhat convoluted, especially as it was explained by a power that can only be used every millenia or so. Isn't that convenient. Yeah, that does make it so we're not always asking why it doesn't show up, but I'm not sure it adds anything to the underlying mythology either. We already had it strongly implied that the hammer was sentient. I guess this confirms it, but I'm still not sure it was necessary.

It does make it possible that the December issue is the next Loki interacts with Thor, although I hope we continue to see him here and there in his own arc as Aaron has been doing thus far.

Edit: It was nice to see him concerned about the citizenry and defending their right to vote for someone else. And also trying to get them to stop rioting (in Vote Loki, I switched topics again )
    I dunno, he seemed too blase about losing, and he had involved Nisa from the very, very start, and kept her involved every step of the way. I think it really was him trying to make up for a past misdeed, in his own special way. If you look at page one of issue one, Iron Man says it all "It's not enough to just beat up the bad guys. We also have to clean up the messes after." Except they DIDN'T, they just threw money at it which was not spent the way it was supposed to, so Loki did. better late than never. Winning or losing was almost irrelevant. The phone call to the other politician was him trying to get something out of it for himself as well, cus he is still Loki. I don't think there was one single motivation for his actions in the story, but I'm just saying that considering her role in the story, and that seeing her building being wrecked was one of the very first things shown in the entire series, I think that making up for wrecking her apartment building was at least part of it. this could become a recurring thing with him where he just decides to make up for something he had done in the past, be it big or small. But, being Loki, it will be in a highly unconventional way. They could build an entire series around that.

As for Thor. I would have preferred Loki just because... well, I like Loki and I like how Aaron writes him. But I can see why this was done, cus the thing about that is, Loki made sense on a practical level while Mjolnir made sense on a thematic level. If you were looking at it strictly from the perspective of what made sense in terms of powers and whatnot, Loki seemed totally logical. But.... it is not the story of Thor and Loki, it is the story of Thor and Mjolnir. Loki is just there to support that story. It's an important role, but if it's a choice between Loki and Mjolnir from a thematic perspective, Mjolnir will win out. But Loki does contribute to some of the themes, such as fatherhood being a big theme, (with him and Laufey, and illustrating how bad parenting can warp someone) including what a random comment made me realize is probably THE theme, exploring absolute vs relative morality. Loki in his current characterization could not be a better representation of relative morality. He's constantly doing things that would be seen as bad from an absolute moral standpoint.... but then you see his motivations and... it's not so bad. I mean, he stabbed his OWN MOTHER in the back with a poisoned dagger, which to everyone watching it must have seemed like him being evil again.... but then it's revealed it's in order to save her life. Oh. well, then that's not so bad, now is it? And Odin and the (original) enchantment on Mjolnir is representative of absolute morality. Unchanging, something (or someone) is either evil or not, intent is irrelevant. Old Testament 'thou shalt not' type stuff. And the enchantment changed somewhere along the line to grant the hammer sentience, it can think and judge and decide, and thus be more relative, and the story is exploring what that means. Because both takes on morality have their up and downsides. But I think that, at least right now, it's more that Mjolnir has the POTENTIAL to be more relative, since in Thor mode Jane is fairly black and white in her thinking. and it's contrasted by Loki's everything is gray kind of deal
    Last edited by Raye; 09-22-2016 at 08:56 PM.