Page 5 of 103 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Edit: Double Post.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 08-13-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    So what B-list villiains Daredevil would you like to see return to the book, I have few ideas:

Mr. Fear has not crossed paths with Matt in almost 10 years, despite the fact their last clash had grave consequences for Matt.
    Mr. Fear is my number one choice. That being said, given the status quo change with the identity shift, my proposal would be to find a way to put Lawrence Cranston's identity back in the box as well. I think it would be cool to have Cranston go up against Matt as an attorney and as Mr. Fear - ideally on opposite sides (one as prosecutor, one as defense attorney).

I would like see Bullet come back, he is a villain and a single father. That could be interesting in the right hands.
    Bullet was in the Bullseye mini and used quite well there. I'd love to see more of his story these days.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    It seems as though every copy of the latest Epic collection has a really ugly spine going on, but I think it's one of the last volumes that's gonna come out so I think I'll wait (until the rest of the volumes catches up) and see if Marvel do anything about it until I buy it.
    Are you talking damage or design?

It'll be a while before I receive mine as I ordered from IST, and it takes absolute ages for packages to get to Europe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Are you talking damage or design?

It'll be a while before I receive mine as I ordered from IST, and it takes absolute ages for packages to get to Europe.
    The front cover comes around covering a portion of The spine. I would say it takes up roughly 1/6 of The spine. There is also talk about The corners of The cover curling up.

You should check out Book Depository. I order from them all The time (to sweden). Free shipping and roughly 3-5 days until delivery.

The front cover comes around covering a portion of The spine. I would say it takes up roughly 1/6 of The spine. There is also talk about The corners of The cover curling up.

You should check out Book Depository. I order from them all The time (to sweden). Free shipping and roughly 3-5 days until delivery.
    Doesn't sound great. Is this with regards to the whole batch? Do you have any pics?

Thanks for the tip re: BD. I once ordered from them several years ago. What's their packaging like? I don't remember it being too great.

I've been ordering ftom IST the last few years as they have 50% off on release week on Omnibuses and other items. Shipping is quite expensive but the packaging is bomb-proof and they will always do you right if there is any damage at all.

https://twitter.com/vincentdonofrio/...484030976?s=21

No. Then again, he’s not playing the Kingpin as much as he’s playing a new character created for the show so, in such an instance, I suppose he’s right.

Incredible Member

Doesn't sound great. Is this with regards to the whole batch? Do you have any pics?

Thanks for the tip re: BD. I once ordered from them several years ago. What's their packaging like? I don't remember it being too great.

I've been ordering ftom IST the last few years as they have 50% off on release week on Omnibuses and other items. Shipping is quite expensive but the packaging is bomb-proof and they will always do you right if there is any damage at all.
    I can't say. And no I don't have any pics. I don't own a copy of my own so I've only seen the pics from a different forum, but I don't know what the guidelines are around here when it comes to talking about other CB forums

I just did some comparing the prices on IST vs BD and wow there is quite a difference. Do you mind telling me roughly what the shipping lands on though? I take it the "free shipping over 50bucks" is only for the US?

This here below is how BD packs their books. As you can see there is nothing extra around the book itself and the packaging is a thin cardboard envelope. I should say though that every book I've ever ordered from them have arrived in perfect condition.

bd2.jpg

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

You can find a pic here
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I like how he recognizes the fact the original Mike Murdock stories weren't exactly wonderful in terms of DD lore. Almost like he's using it as a challenge. I'm up for it.

Last edited by Nanashi; 08-14-2018 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I like how he recognizes the fact the original Mike Murdock stories weren't exactly wonderful in terms of DD lore. Almost like he's using it as a challenge. I'm up for it.
    Definitely!

I can't say. And no I don't have any pics. I don't own a copy of my own so I've only seen the pics from a different forum, but I don't know what the guidelines are around here when it comes to talking about other CB forums

I just did some comparing the prices on IST vs BD and wow there is quite a difference. Do you mind telling me roughly what the shipping lands on though? I take it the "free shipping over 50bucks" is only for the US?

This here below is how BD packs their books. As you can see there is nothing extra around the book itself and the packaging is a thin cardboard envelope. I should say though that every book I've ever ordered from them have arrived in perfect condition.

bd2.jpg
    Yes, unfortunately free shipping above $50 is only for the US.

I recently ordered Avengers by Hickman Vol. 2 Omnibus, Batman by Moench & Jones Vol. 2 HC and the DD Epic Collection Root of Evil. The shipping came to $45 which is very high but the overall price kind of equalled out or is sometimes lower when compared to other sites for us Europeans. And their packaging is absolutely amazing. The times I've had a damaged book (extremely rarely), they've allowed me to keep the book and refunded me.

In order to make an order worthwhile, I've had to add one or two smaller (TPBs, PHCs) books to the Omnibus/OHC or alternatively I order several smaller books. The larger the book, the higher the shipping cost.

I have to say that the BD packaging is abysmal. I've received some books from sellers in those envelopes and it really is playing with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate that. I read through the whole thread. I often read the MMW Forum and have been tempted to join but I just wouldn't have the time for two forums. I appreciate the discussions on the MMW threads especially with regards to older comics.

It's very disappointing regarding the DD Epic. Not good at all. Mine will probably arrive in several weeks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Oh no, what? DD's doing fine saleswise, about what it usually does.