Page 44 of 123 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I did pick up the last issue of Tarot on Wednesday. It was a nice ending. I was puzzled about Namor being a Hellstrom mash up, but it appears he was instead a Scarlet Witch mash up!

Also, Paul Renaud's art was great! He didn't really have alot to do, but there were plenty of Namor pics from the issue.

Though, I do think this was one of the best lines in the series.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

That movie title looks awesome! I'm seeing lots of rumors but again, nothing solid until Marvel announces it, at this right I feel like Random Hobo Man in background will be Marvel's "nod" to Namor without ever bringing him into the movies. ): But who knows what the future holds.

And thanks for posting scans of the latest Tarot issue Rev, this series has been short but so far I loved it, makes me wish we could get a Defenders ongoing out of this. I will be reading mine tomorrow though since I got a bit caught up with RL stuff recently, I hope that everyone stays safe during these times.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    That movie title looks awesome! I'm seeing lots of rumors but again, nothing solid until Marvel announces it, at this right I feel like Random Hobo Man in background will be Marvel's "nod" to Namor without ever bringing him into the movies. ): But who knows what the future holds.

And thanks for posting scans of the latest Tarot issue Rev, this series has been short but so far I loved it, makes me wish we could get a Defenders ongoing out of this. I will be reading mine tomorrow though since I got a bit caught up with RL stuff recently, I hope that everyone stays safe during these times.
    THIS!

That would exactly the sort of treatment I'd expect from Marvel. Hammond gets a cool test tube at the World's Fair. We'll get a background hobo lying in the street in the FF movie.

I did like Tarot. A fun, classic tale. And the art was great! My biggest regret is that we didn't get a cool Cap vs Namor variant, like the rest of the Avengers Defenders War covers.

I was getting ready to PM you. I saw the news on twitter. I hope everything will turn out well for your family. As someone said elsewhere. It's a shitty time right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    THIS!

That would exactly the sort of treatment I'd expect from Marvel. Hammond gets a cool test tube at the World's Fair. We'll get a background hobo lying in the street in the FF movie.

I did like Tarot. A fun, classic tale. And the art was great! My biggest regret is that we didn't get a cool Cap vs Namor variant, like the rest of the Avengers Defenders War covers.

I was getting ready to PM you. I saw the news on twitter. I hope everything will turn out well for your family. As someone said elsewhere. It's a shitty time right now.
    Thank you Rev, I am hoping they will be ok, and you're right it's a bad time all around and I hope everyone stays safe. Things seem to be getting worse day by day here in the U.S. and I hope that changes soon.

I honestly hope Namor gets something better than Jim, I love Jim and he's one of my favorite characters but I'm also realistic about how he won't ever be on the same level of attention as Johnny.

Which is a shame because I have been saying to friends that I would love a Torch comic book with Jim, Toro, and Johnny, sorta like how DC has the Flash Family that has Jay, Barry, and Wally, but for Torches. I don't think Namor really works the same way, a family book where the title is passed down just doesn't imo work for Namor. Like we can have a Subby family book with Namor, Nita, and Namora but its not the same as passing a superhero mantle you know?

I think I'll mention in my next email to Marvel that Gail Simone wanted a Namor book, if anyone reads these emails it might help with us getting a Namor solo. (I really don't hold much hope in the emails but its a quick 10 minutes out of my week to ask and hope it reaches someone someday)

Thank you Rev, I am hoping they will be ok, and you're right it's a bad time all around and I hope everyone stays safe. Things seem to be getting worse day by day here in the U.S. and I hope that changes soon.
    It is bad, especially in some areas. But we will get through. Sending good thoughts your way.

I honestly hope Namor gets something better than Jim, I love Jim and he's one of my favorite characters but I'm also realistic about how he won't ever be on the same level of attention as Johnny.

Which is a shame because I have been saying to friends that I would love a Torch comic book with Jim, Toro, and Johnny, sorta like how DC has the Flash Family that has Jay, Barry, and Wally, but for Torches. I don't think Namor really works the same way, a family book where the title is passed down just doesn't imo work for Namor. Like we can have a Subby family book with Namor, Nita, and Namora but its not the same as passing a superhero mantle you know?

I think I'll mention in my next email to Marvel that Gail Simone wanted a Namor book, if anyone reads these emails it might help with us getting a Namor solo. (I really don't hold much hope in the emails but its a quick 10 minutes out of my week to ask and hope it reaches someone someday)
    Well, it can't hurt. I see so many books coming out nowadays, and I wonder, WHO the heck asked for that book? WHY is Marvel publishing that book? Of course, my LCBS guy told me that I was biased, because he had more pulls for that book than he did for Atlantis Attacks!

Regardless. Namor is one their last iconic characters who hasn't had a modern defining run. He's a golden opportunity for creators to make a name for themselves.

I like Hammond also, but sadly, Johnny Storm has made it all but impossible for him to gain any traction. Maybe an all ages family book would work, but I'm not sure how any Torch, original or FF, would work out now. The market is tough.

I saw this on twitter and meant to post it, but Bleeding Cool beat me to it.

Rick Remender is cleaning up his hard drive and posting all sorts of things he has on it -- including these old pitches that were rejected. And yes, apparently he pitched for the Namor series that Stuart Moore got.

https://bleedingcool.com/2020/03/26/...orn-again-wet/

Apologies if you are a Remender fan, or a Born Again fan, but I think we dodged a howitzer shell, when this got rejected. Torn down to Daredevil levels is entirely NOT what Namor needed then, or now. More CONSTRUCTION, and less deconstruction, please.

Marvel first rumored movies of Namor, Black Panther and She-Hulk as far back as the 1980's.

While they would not have been anywhere as good as what can be made today, I wonder how that would have created a pathway for movies 20 years earlier than what we got?

They need to give us a great Namor movie, then I would like to see a Classic Defenders movie with Doc, Hulk, SS, Namor and Valkyrie. At the end, we can see new members Nighthawk and Hellcat in action. Of course, all in classic costumes, too! (I know, I Dream--but I dream for us all!)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Marvel first rumored movies of Namor, Black Panther and She-Hulk as far back as the 1980's.

While they would not have been anywhere as good as what can be made today, I wonder how that would have created a pathway for movies 20 years earlier than what we got?

They need to give us a great Namor movie, then I would like to see a Classic Defenders movie with Doc, Hulk, SS, Namor and Valkyrie. At the end, we can see new members Nighthawk and Hellcat in action. Of course, all in classic costumes, too! (I know, I Dream--but I dream for us all!)
    i just don't want the murdering villain route that seems to be so en vogue now, and the fan-talk that is insistent that Aquaman's success at DC means that Namor would never be accepted as a co-character in the Marvel films. that's too negative. I'd rather not see him at all than to see him portrayed as just another maniac. Loki of the Seas, or whatever.. not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i just don't want the murdering villain route that seems to be so en vogue now, and the fan-talk that is insistent that Aquaman's success at DC means that Namor would never be accepted as a co-character in the Marvel films. that's too negative. I'd rather not see him at all than to see him portrayed as just another maniac. Loki of the Seas, or whatever.. not for me.
    I do not think any of our regular true fans of Namor here want him to be a villain/villainized, myself included. Hence, my stating, "a great Namor movie" and also including him in the next movie of Classic Defenders, which are a hero team. In point of fact, I want every character in movies to be portrayed in their best light, whatever that may be, and true to the character, personality, costume, etc.

Tom Brevoort is posting a lot of Namor stuff today on his twitter... I'm trying not to get my hopes up and like one tweet is nothing but three tweets so far??? *crosses fingers for a Namor solo*

I saw this on twitter and meant to post it, but Bleeding Cool beat me to it.

Rick Remender is cleaning up his hard drive and posting all sorts of things he has on it -- including these old pitches that were rejected. And yes, apparently he pitched for the Namor series that Stuart Moore got.

https://bleedingcool.com/2020/03/26/...orn-again-wet/

Apologies if you are a Remender fan, or a Born Again fan, but I think we dodged a howitzer shell, when this got rejected. Torn down to Daredevil levels is entirely NOT what Namor needed then, or now. More CONSTRUCTION, and less deconstruction, please.
    I totally agree Rev!

Honestly I think that the best shot we have of a decent Namor is in a Defenders movie, just say Strange and Namor are friends and call it a day, on with the Adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    That's so funny because I have heard Namor being called the next Loki if he shows up and I am just like??? NO? He's way different than Loki. But I guess the dark hair/royalty connection is what people latch on to? lol.

Tom Brevoort is posting a lot of Namor stuff today on his twitter... I'm trying not to get my hopes up and like one tweet is nothing but three tweets so far??? *crosses fingers for a Namor solo*
    Hmmm. Trying to be realistic... it looks like he's sorting through his hard drive. And yes, I'm doing the same thing. ;p

It is cool to see that the oldest surviving page of Marvel history belongs to Namor -- and Lady Dorma! AND it's the page where he first flew! I wish that exhibit was coming to someplace close to me. I'd LOVE to see that page.

And you know, that Weiss page makes me think there was another story with Namor that was supposed to run in Avengers. Cause this has nothing to do with the Sailor Namor story.

I totally agree Rev!

If I could think of a bigger bullet to dodge than a howitzer, then I'd have used that. LOL! REALLY makes you appreciate Stuart Moore's short run, even more. Though ... I would give a lot to see what Kieron Gillen's pitch was. I bet his run would have been great!
    Last edited by Reviresco; 03-29-2020 at 03:01 PM.

Honestly I think that the best shot we have of a decent Namor is in a Defenders movie, just say Strange and Namor are friends and call it a day, on with the Adventure!
    Yes, this works for me! You know I am ALWAYS up for Classic Defenders!

Yes, this works for me! You know I am ALWAYS up for Classic Defenders!
    It would be such a fun movie if we did get Classic Defenders!

Hmmm. Trying to be realistic... it looks like he's sorting through his hard drive. And yes, I'm doing the same thing. ;p

It is cool to see that the oldest surviving page of Marvel history belongs to Namor -- and Lady Dorma! AND it's the page where he first flew! I wish that exhibit was coming to someplace close to me. I'd LOVE to see that page.

And you know, that Weiss page makes me think there was another story with Namor that was supposed to run in Avengers. Cause this has nothing to do with the Sailor Namor story.

If I could think of a bigger bullet to dodge than a howitzer, then I'd have used that. LOL! REALLY makes you appreciate Stuart Moore's short run, even more. Though ... I would give a lot to see what Kieron Gillen's pitch was. I bet his run would have been great!
    I think this was supposed to be a series and so there was probably more than just the Sailor Namor story? I really hope we do get that one though! And oh yeah, we were super lucky not to have that as the Namor series, Moore at least had some interesting concepts and I really do enjoy First Mutant alot. Still I am hoping we finally get a new modern definitive run for Namor, he really needs it.