Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Well the YJ generation are being replaced before our very eyes, much like they took up the Titans generation mantles in the 90’s. So DC comes up with a new generation of younger heroes every 25-30 years? (Titans 1960-1990), (Young Justice 1990-2020)...etc

Dick Grayson- Tim Drake- Damian Wayne
    Kara Danvers- Conner Kent- Jon Kent
    Donna Troy- Cassie Sandsmark- Yara Flor
    Wally West- Bart Allen- Wallace West
    Roy Harper- Mia Dearden- Emiko Queen
    Garth- Lorena Marquez- Jackson Hyde

I guess Blue Beetle, Ms Martian, Solstice, Bunker...etc will be like Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, Cyborg...etc and belong to all generations.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Well the YJ generation are being replaced before our very eyes, much like they took up the Titans generation mantles in the 90’s. So DC comes up with a new generation of younger heroes every 25-30 years? (Titans 1960-1990), (Young Justice 1990-2020)...etc

I guess Blue Beetle, Ms Martian, Solstice, Bunker...etc will be like Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, Cyborg...etc and belong to all generations.
    If I were in charge, I’d say let Tim and the others be rebels, and feel they don’t need more training from the new Titans Academy.

That way you give them a different mission statement than the older and younger Titans.

The ones that want to go their own way. And may secretly resent they’re being replaced by their younger counterparts.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post

It's weird though in the sense that Dick's Generation were definitively allowed to age. The YJ-era are stuck in this weird limbo where a new slate of sidekicks got created and yet they also weren't allowed to get older and move on.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    It's weird though in the sense that Dick's Generation were definitively allowed to age. The YJ-era are stuck in this weird limbo where a new slate of sidekicks got created and yet they also weren't allowed to get older and move on.
    I blame all the reboots...

Tim's gen should be older than 19 while the new one should be 15 max.
    I kind of think the YJ4 could be interesting additions to the Outsiders.
    An Outsiders team run by Katana, Black Lightning and Arsenal with the YJ4 as recruits could be pretty cool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    This is because they won't allow JL characters to become older. If the younger generation grow, the JL will be affected.

Currently, Dick's generation isn't allowed to grow anymore either.

I also think DC didn't know what to do with YJ generation if they aren't teens. They use them because they want teen superheroes (if they want older characters, they would use Dick's generation).

PS: Also, if NTT wasn't so succesful at the time, Dick will likely be de-aged at some point.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-17-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Yeah, NTT was outselling Batman, so they compromised and had Dick become Nightwing and Jason debut as a new Robin. Had Batman been the better selling title, then Dick would've been taken back and de-aged, and Jason and Tim would've never existed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

With the new Wonder Girl (Yara Flor) debuting post-future state, Cassie needs a new codename and the YJ4 needs a new direction. I would not mind if they remain a team but I think they should have a new team name in order not to be another group of teenage heroes or join another established team.

I think maybe get should rename 'Young Justice' to 'New Justice' since teams and title are having the word 'New' on it. It would still consist of the YJ4 and other characters from their generation but they are a little bit older around 19-21.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    With the new Wonder Girl (Yara Flor) debuting post-future state, Cassie needs a new codename and the YJ4 needs a new direction. I would not mind if they remain a team but I think they should have a new team name in order not to be another group of teenage heroes or join another established team.

I think maybe get should rename 'Young Justice' to 'New Justice' since teams and title are having the word 'New' on it. It would still consist of the YJ4 and other characters from their generation but they are a little bit older around 19-21.
    I'd love to see how they come up with the name in-universe .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd love to see how they come up with the name in-universe .
    Think about it:

Twenty (20!) issues spent telling themselves and the decreasing number of readers that they were positively, absolutely, definitely Young Justice despite not holding a candle to Peter David's book[*] and now these poor schmucks have to change their name...

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/.../017/thumb.png

[*] Sorry, fans of the animated series, I never made it past the first half of the first season.

I like the idea of the team finally realizing:
    A) They are never going to be the Justice League of the future
    B) They don't want to follow the same paths as their absent mentors anyway.

This would allow them to get their own identities and find a team mission that's more than being the legacies of the JL.
    I like the New Justice name, so they can say they're taking a new aproach to superheroing, being more proactive than the overly reactive ways of the League.
    I'd add Arsenal as a sort of mentor figure (but not team leader) because he really fits the theme of former sidekicks that decided to strike on their own.

Team members:
    Tim Drake as either Robin or Cardinal
    Kon-El
    Cassie as the new Fury
    Impulse
    Miss Martian
    Aqualad
    + Arsenal

I'd have it be a digital original and market it not only to comic fans, but fans of the cartoon and DC videogames.

Extraordinary Member

No adult mentors. That’s the route the Teen Titans are using now with the Titans Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    No adult mentors. That’s the route the Teen Titans are using now with the Titans Academy.
    That's a terrible direction for them, too derivative of the X-men. So I'm not considering that when thinking about the YJ.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I don't think this will be the main direction for the Titans long term. Its just something that leads into the Future State storyline. What happens after that, I don't know.

Anybody have any opinions on Conner in the suicide squad future state comic?