Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default When / How Do You Think Black Widow Will Return? (And who will she be?)

Just curious as to how long people think it may be for Marvel to bring back Black Widow (after her supposed Secret Empire demise) and how Marvel will do that.

Or do you think Marvel may bring back Yelena Belova in that role?
    Perhaps Marvel might introduce another character that would use the "Black Widow" code name?

Astonishing Member

I think before natasha returns we will get another widow first, but I don't think it will be yelena

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if natasha comes back as a clone or lmd or some Infinity formula recreation

But I think given her books cancelled and the idea of her villains being bumped off, her return will be 2 to 3 years

I think she's gonna die in the MCU films so there won't be a push to return her

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Just curious as to how long people think it may be for Marvel to bring back Black Widow (after her supposed Secret Empire demise) and how Marvel will do that.

Perhaps Marvel might introduce another character that would use the "Black Widow" code name?
    Well, she appears to be in the Champions-themed issues of Iceman, so unless that's just in flashback, Natasha comes back before that story.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think Natasha Romanoff will return at the end of the Tales of Suspense mini.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Well, she appears to be in the Champions-themed issues of Iceman, so unless that's just in flashback, Natasha comes back before that story.
    Despite her appearances on the covers, I thought it was said the former members got together for her memorial service? (I don't buy/read the series, so I can't say for sure.)

If Natasha had an ongoing right now, it would be selling better than Captain Marvel. She should be alive, and Carol should be dead instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    If Natasha had an ongoing right now, it would be selling better than Captain Marvel. She should be alive, and Carol should be dead instead.
    That's a lovely thought, but . . . would that really be the case? Much would depend on who the writers and artists were, and especially whether both books were introduced at around the same time or not. (Can't go by which has the lowest issue # since we've got Legacy messing around with that at present. This month's Captain Marvel will be issue #125, but I don't know if that's based on previous volumes of non-Carol Captain Marvel as well as Carol's issues of Captain Marvel, or on Carol's previous Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel runs combined.)

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    huh? so you basically need a female character to be punished? they can't, both, just be alive? does any woman who would sell less than Natasha qualify for this? just curious.

Going by the new Legacy, there will be a new and diverse Black Widow who will either be Samoan or Hatian

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think somebody is misunderstanding what Legacy is about.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Fingers crossed.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Fingers crossed.
    The three pages with Bucky in Secret Empire: Omega would seem to indicate this was a possibility.

But then again, could this version of Natasha be the same one that was struck (and thought to be killed) by Hydra-Cap's shield? Or could it be that there was more than one Natalia Romanova / Natasha Romanoff?

She'll probably be back for the Avengers line up change.

And if there is another Black Widow in the meantime I hope it's a Crossdressing dude that looks like a stripper just to **** with people who cry so much about diversity and legacy characters.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

I think because I want it so badly, the Tales of Suspense thing won't bring her back, but might well bring Yelena or (shudder) that Red Widow person into the role.

I desperately hope that someone at Marvel has a longterm plan to Death of Captain America her so that she comes back as a big event, rather than a side note in some stupid crossover.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think because I want it so badly, the Tales of Suspense thing won't bring her back, but might well bring Yelena or (shudder) that Red Widow person into the role.
    oooor my Black Widow III

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/--9DPJyJQO...Bcorrigida.JPG
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."