Page 160 of 277 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 4155
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

At this point, I really couldn't care less about the season-arc with the Totems and the demon thingy - who I care so little about I'm not even bothering to scroll up a couple of posts to see its name - but man, this season has been fun nonetheless. Each episode really stands alone with the season-arc really just feeling like a McGuffin to string them all together - and, like most episodes this season, this was super fun. I'd gotten tired of Darkh but this episode really made me enjoy him again, and teaming him up with the most classically super-hero-y of the group works brilliantly.

Though, it's funny, even after all this time, there are still times when I look at Brandon Routh in this and think, man, wouldn't that guy make a great Superman...
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Even though I've been completely won over by the Darhk family with this episode, I think it would be overstaying his welcome too much if McDonough returned next season. Unless it was like Tom Cavanagh and Harrison Wells, where he comes back as different characters. I guess you could say that Darhk is like that. On ARROW, he was one iteration of Damien, then last season he was a pre-magic Damien and now he's a risen from the dead Damien. If something completely changes this Damien and makes him one of the good guys, it would be funny to have him back again.
    I don't think you could ever get away with making Damien a good guy after he killed Laurel.

Short of him sacrificing himself or finding a way to bring her back to life, I don't think there would be anything in the universe that would stop Sara from killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    At this point, I really couldn't care less about the season-arc with the Totems and the demon thingy - who I care so little about I'm not even bothering to scroll up a couple of posts to see its name - but man, this season has been fun nonetheless. Each episode really stands alone with the season-arc really just feeling like a McGuffin to string them all together - and, like most episodes this season, this was super fun. I'd gotten tired of Darkh but this episode really made me enjoy him again, and teaming him up with the most classically super-hero-y of the group works brilliantly.

Though, it's funny, even after all this time, there are still times when I look at Brandon Routh in this and think, man, wouldn't that guy make a great Superman...
    I love Brandon Routh. I thought he was great as Superman he just had a terrible script.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I love Brandon Routh. I thought he was great as Superman he just had a terrible script.
    Routh was great in Scott Pilgrim vs the World
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Routh was great in Scott Pilgrim vs the World
    Yup and yup again.

By the way, did anyone else notice that at the end there Gideon called Rip, DIRECTOR Hunter? I wonder how that ties into the mystery around Ava.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Yup and yup again.

By the way, did anyone else notice that at the end there Gideon called Rip, DIRECTOR Hunter? I wonder how that ties into the mystery around Ava.
    I noticed that too. Wonder if Rip has always been the secret leader but he lets others think they're in charge and let them do the day-to-day grind of running the place while he can go freelance on his own.

Ray really needs to get a back-up of his suit. Most of the time he can't wear it on missions because it's so bulky and he can be nullified so easily by have it taken from him. The writers need to give him back his size-changing belt from the comics. He won't be able to fly or have the armaments of the suit but he can still size-change to get out of being tied up or escaping from locked rooms.

I will never say that Damian Darhk is completely sympathetic, but having a daughter definitely humanizes him more. To the point that Ray slips up and calls him "Damian". I do feel bad for Nora, though. She's basically been corrupted, and even though I want Amaya to beat her down (I worry she will be better at using the spirit totem than Amaya was), I want her to be saved somehow.

Rip totally knew what he was doing, introducing Wally to the Legends so he'd want to stay. Especially since Sara pointed out how they all made bad first impressions (Mick betrayed them 10 times? Sounds about right). I think Wally will work better here than on Team Flash because his youthful spirit works well with his speed, and given his inexperience with this whole thing, he'll probably wait for orders from Sara or whoever before trying to quickly solve problems himself. That said, I would like to see him experiment with the Speed Force and its time travel properties a little, because it'd be kind of a waste if they didn't go that route with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, if they need all the Totems to fight Darhk and are a Totem down...couldn't they just hop on over to modern day Detroit and grab Mari? Maybe let her know that her sister is alive again and involved in some major Totem business that Mari should probably be aware of as the current Vixen? Or would meeting her Grandmother in her prime and then fighting someone with a past version of her Totem break time more then it already has been by this point?
    Mick's met his father, Ray's met his mother, Stein's met himself. Weren't they going somewhere with that? Maybe that's the lead up to finally having Amaya meet Mari.

I know I shouldn't have laughed, but when I saw Grodd in the background, I started laughing and kept laughing as Director Bennett had the biscuit.
    I was laughing too. I really didn't expect him to actually DIE with such a humorous set up. I thought he was going to glance over his shoulder and go "Oh, crap, it's a gorilla!" then drop the camera and run or something.

Even though it seems like Heatwave or Jax would be a good candidate for the fire totem, so far it's been all women. There might be some reason or it just looks good to have all these strong women. Unless they're going to have a token totem man. But a woman seems more likely. And I think for the sixth mystery totem it will be Ava or Sara--or Nora if she gives up the spirit totem.
    I didn't even notice it was all women until Darhk made the comment about getting a necklace. You may be on to something about the sixth totem bearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    By the way, was Damien matched with Cupid from Arrow?
    Sure looked like it! I wonder if Cupid is into 257 year old men.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    When they don't look a day over 52 years old, sure, why not?

I will never say that Damian Darhk is completely sympathetic, but having a daughter definitely humanizes him more. To the point that Ray slips up and calls him "Damian". I do feel bad for Nora, though. She's basically been corrupted, and even though I want Amaya to beat her down (I worry she will be better at using the spirit totem than Amaya was), I want her to be saved somehow.
    Well, she used two Totem spirits in one episode, so that puts her about on par with Amaya .

I forget, did Amaya ever actually use flight? I can think of maybe once she did in season 2.
    Rip totally knew what he was doing, introducing Wally to the Legends so he'd want to stay. Especially since Sara pointed out how they all made bad first impressions (Mick betrayed them 10 times? Sounds about right). I think Wally will work better here than on Team Flash because his youthful spirit works well with his speed, and given his inexperience with this whole thing, he'll probably wait for orders from Sara or whoever before trying to quickly solve problems himself. That said, I would like to see him experiment with the Speed Force and its time travel properties a little, because it'd be kind of a waste if they didn't go that route with him.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there comes to a point where things are desperate enough that Wally needs to go back in time, but I wonder if Barry gave him the same caution against doing it that Jay gave him (not that Wally shouldn't already know how badly changing the past can turn out).

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, she used two Totem spirits in one episode, so that puts her about on par with Amaya .

I forget, did Amaya ever actually use flight? I can think of maybe once she did in season 2.
    She never did. She never used the totem to call upon the power of birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She never did. She never used the totem to call upon the power of birds.
    She barely uses her Totem for anything other then a gorilla so it's hard to remember when, if ever, she used different animals .

Seriously, I think Mari used more animals in her one Arrow guest appearance then I think Amaya has in her entire run on Legends.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I think Amaya used Rhino on occasion. She did used a spider to crawl on walls when she was sleepwalking.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think Amaya used Rhino on occasion. She did used a spider to crawl on walls when she was sleepwalking.
    There was also that time she summoned a dinosaur to tame the one hunting her, Ray, and Nate, as I recall.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    When they don't look a day over 52 years old, sure, why not?
    I knew it! Thanks for answering! Well, the app did put them together.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Yeah Mallus not yet being directly connected to a comic character is a bit of a surprise but given he seems to take after many different comic villains to some extent Trigon, Time Trapper, Mordru etc...so it's not that big of a surprise either.

But yeah I honestly at this point forgot they hadn't done so yet outright.

I hope we get to learn just exactly what the story of Mallus and the Totems are but that's all but guaranteed on some level.
    Truth, I'm happier that not every character, especially villains, used on the CW shows are comics created characters. I mean let the writers create something.

Sandy Hausler