I tend to agree with you. Slow motion does not feel so novel any more. X-Men ones were cool because of a hint of playfulness. Second time it would not have worked as first. But in Age of Apocalypse they dialed that scenario to eleven. Instead of three people it was saving the entire school from the explosion. All the while keeping the tone of levity and fun.

I say this has not worked so well anywhere else. Not in Age of Ultron. Not in Justice League. But that Wonder Woman one in the beginning of Justice League was fun. Man of Steel was also great imo. Fast movement like that brings a sense of continuous and breathtaking action which they try to capture on the page anyway. Just don't make it such that its difficult to follow the action.

My younger brother was watching Justice League and called it out right at the beginning. Batman is too bulky and moves so slowly. Its awkward to watch. My sister said that too. Thankfully that was the beginning and they enjoyed the film. But the point is if you aren't trying to catch that sense of almost breathless, heart pounding action what are you even trying? Comics get away from that as they are static pictures. And in other places they look cool because it is extraordinary. But in superhero films moving so fast that the world slows down isn't extraordinary. Even Batman dodges bullets.

There has to be a feeling of breathless action. That Warehouse scene in BvS was great. I don't know about TV shows. But for films slow motion shall be used rarely. Its boring to watch without adding something more.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-11-2018 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I looked it up and I believe you're talking about Polyanna McIntosh, a Scottish actress. I get what you mean now, she could've been an interesting choice.

I really love this choice. She would have been great.

Kristen Wiig is a truly great actress though. I have all the faith in the world in the choice they made. I think she's going to make a definitive Barbara Minerva/Cheetah.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'm very excited for Cheetah, but I'll admit the Wiig casting was very unexpected. I don't particular like it but I'll wait and see.

One thing I am hoping for is that Patty uses less slow motion this time. I'm worried about it because Cheetah is a speedster...
    Her being a speedster would come as a big surprise to people who mostly know her from animation and video games. And I know her from the comics, and the only time I can remember she was actually treated as a speedster was with the Flash crossover during Rucka's first run.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'm very excited for Cheetah, but I'll admit the Wiig casting was very unexpected. I don't particular like it but I'll wait and see.

One thing I am hoping for is that Patty uses less slow motion this time. I'm worried about it because Cheetah is a speedster and ever since X-Men: Days of Future Past, there as been this temptation to display the powers of speedsters in live action with slow motion. Plus, the DCEU has used it ad nauseum in my opinion.

Let Cheetah feel fast. We should barely be able see most of her movements. She's a force of nature and she needs to be shown that way. We all remember seeing Faora fight those soldiers in MoS and how awesome it was because she was fast and the movie let her be fast. That's what I want.
    I like the way you put this and agree. I don't have a particular issue with slow motion, but Faora was natural and Wonder Woman did have quite a few slo-mo parts that I think we should see less of in WW2.

Midnight edge talks about all the rumors and future.

Also more on the syder cut. No shock it was a depressing dark movie with a drunk aquaman, evil superman, depressed cyborg, wonder woman, and batman, and mentally challenged flash.

In other words bvs 2.

As for the shazzam costume. I think it looks great. Really close to the comics. Film looks like it might be really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Also more on the syder cut. No shock it was a depressing dark movie with a drunk aquaman, evil superman, depressed cyborg, wonder woman, and batman, and mentally challenged flash.

In other words bvs 2.

if this is true, which is highly suspect given the source, I kind of want to see that film. Pretty interesting direction
    The J-man

In other words bvs 2.

Justice League was crap. But after seeing this, man, we might have still gotten hit by a bullet but we dodged a freaking hydrogen bomb. I honestly believe those old reports of the original cut of the film being unwatchable.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

The movie might be okay or straight up terrible but I kind of what to see it. For a modern day mainstream superhero film that seems bleak as hell.

Batman doesn't seem to fear off, but Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Superman. Jeeeeez. Cyborg actually seems like a more realistic take, but the Whedon cut defiantly made Cyborg more fan friendly to bad they couldn't give him a decent costume and just went with the full CGI.

I just feel like DC should have known what they were getting with Snyder and made that film. Better to sink $250 million on production and let it tank than spend around $500M on production and still watch it tank
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    The movie might be okay or straight up terrible but I kind of what to see it. For a modern day mainstream superhero film that seems bleak as hell.

Batman doesn't seem to fear off, but Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Superman. Jeeeeez. Cyborg actually seems like a more realistic take, but the Whedon cut defiantly made Cyborg more fan friendly to bad they couldn't give him a decent costume and just went with the full CGI.

I just feel like DC should have known what they were getting with Snyder and made that film. Better to sink $250 million on production and let it tank than spend around $500M on production and still watch it tank
    Yeah, but the damage had already been done to this universe long before Justice League bombed. It's gonna take a hell of a lot for the DCEU to win audiences trust back, even with early positive reactions to Aquaman and anticipation for the Wonder Woman sequel.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

In other words bvs 2.

pretty sure this isn't true. wonder woman saving the building wasn't reshot and you could tell because there were behind the scenes showing the whole fight scenes for WW.

let it tank than spend around $500M on production and still watch it tank
    Yeah, but the damage had already been done to this universe long before Justice League bombed. It's gonna take a hell of a lot for the DCEU to win audiences trust back, even with early positive reactions to Aquaman and anticipation for the Wonder Woman sequel.
    Aquaman and shazzam look like a good start and I know people threw a fit about bay making lobo but he fits that film so well. Lobo is about lots of explosions, bad jokes and mindless fun and that's what bay does. He is a good choice.

If true that jla cut sounds a lot like watchmen in tone.

Also can anyone guess what news john campea has? Looks like he has big news about the dcu but won't tell anyone.

Astonishing Member

I hope they release the Snyder cut. Definitely would watch it.

Aquaman and shazzam look like a good start and I know people threw a fit about bay making lobo but he fits that film so well. Lobo is about lots of explosions, bad jokes and mindless fun and that's what bay does. He is a good choice.

If true that jla cut sounds a lot like watchmen in tone.

Also can anyone guess what news john campea has? Looks like he has big news about the dcu but won't tell anyone.
    wait Michael Bay is making Lobo?! What?!
    The J-man