Page 107 of 133 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1989

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You do realize she's going to be some kid on the street flipping cards and hustling money but learns she can actually do real magic and has to destroy the evil sorcerer to close the blue vortex in the sky, right? Expect a side cut and to go by "Zee" only with her learning her full name as sequel bait making the second movie Zatanna's Search where it's revealed Giovanni is a stage name for John Zatara, a washed up stage magician who can't actually do magic and lives in a trailer. The mustache won't even be real.
    I hate it already. I think a YJ-like Zatanna would be perfect to adapt, just make her magic more dynamic and boom instant hit

You do realize she's going to be some kid on the street flipping cards and hustling money but learns she can actually do real magic and has to destroy the evil sorcerer to close the blue vortex in the sky, right? Expect a side cut and to go by "Zee" only with her learning her full name as sequel bait making the second movie Zatanna's Search where it's revealed Giovanni is a stage name for John Zatara, a washed up stage magician who can't actually do magic and lives in a trailer. The mustache won't even be real.
    Mama mia, what the hell am I reading? I know that blue vortex is a multiversal threats xd. Literally see it in various media
    1634488187196.jpg

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I hate it already. I think a YJ-like Zatanna would be perfect to adapt, just make her magic more dynamic and boom instant hit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Mama mia, what the hell am I reading? I know that blue vortex is a multiversal threats xd. Literally see it in various media
    1634488187196.jpg
    Make peace, not war. It's fate.

Please don't be what happens.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Oh, I don't think she's hard to translate to screen or to adapt. WB is so unreliable with anything outside of Batman and announces odd stuff on a whim that goes through so much production hell, I just default to "not gonna happen".
    Or it becomes an afterthought. Or they scrap it altogether and she is reduced to 'Constantine's sexy girlfriend'.

You're way too optimistic.

They'll hire a supermodel who can't act. She will be introduced as Constantine's love interest. Her entire character arc will revolve around him. Giovanni is barely mentioned. Constantine is the one who taught her magic after Giovanni died and has to talk her down when she 'goes too far' with her magical powers. Then she sacrifices herself to further his character arc. May or may not serve to provide romantic drama for John.

This is basically what they did with her in the JLD animated movies which are are likely the blueprint for this JLD-verse they're trying to do.
    Last edited by John Venus; 10-22-2021 at 03:02 PM.

She’s 100% going to be Constantine LI in this JLD franchise they’re building, better prepare yourselves for this. That she does have a solo movie/show coming means I doubt they will completely sideline Zatara however, she’ll need stuff of her own to do.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    She’s 100% going to be Constantine LI in this JLD franchise they’re building, better prepare yourselves for this. That she does have a solo movie/show coming means I doubt they will completely sideline Zatara however, she’ll need stuff of her own to do.
    I think it depends how they handle it. Obviously she's getting her own solo so hopefully she'll be able to stand on her own but hopefully she's not a puppy dog whenever she and Constantine are together.

I don't think any one is saying that it won't happen, just that it will happen and we're going to be hating it the whole way through.

I'm still fairly confident they at least make it 50/50 about the spotlight. Both JLD run have her take the lead at latter part altough this Rebirth run kinda bummed me as its gonna paused at 2022. Plus it's look like DC still want pushing confident respectable female character or some sort like that

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I wonder who it could be?

Khalid?
    big chance he was Khalid if based on appearance or Dr. Fate related things. There also some unique theory that the yellow shirt girl is a Martian priestess. The Martian at Young Justice love to imitate their favorite person through TV show or other way

Screenshot_20211023-135309_Tumblr.jpg

Tumblr_l_75959992671896.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it depends how they handle it. Obviously she's getting her own solo so hopefully she'll be able to stand on her own but hopefully she's not a puppy dog whenever she and Constantine are together.
    I don’t trust JarJar at all to not make a complete mess of it. I just hope we get a mini or an ongoing as we get closer to her show.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Well this recent talk remind me of that one good cover of New 52 JLD "Abandon All Hope". It has Zatanna steering the boat with the oar, gotta love the bold pose.
    http://mdeanpool.blogspot.com/2014/0...pe-teaser.html

Abandon All Hope 2.jpg

I don’t trust JarJar at all to not make a complete mess of it. I just hope we get a mini or an ongoing as we get closer to her show.
    Yeah, I'm hoping they put something together before the time of the movie since DC usually likes to do that when they have a new movie

'cause aside from the trade of Dini's stuff and some JLD, they don't have much at the moment for Zee.

I'm still fairly confident they at least make it 50/50 about the spotlight. Both JLD run have her take the lead at latter part altough this Rebirth run kinda bummed me as its gonna paused at 2022. Plus it's look like DC still want pushing confident respectable female character or some sort like that
    Yeah, the main concept of JLD is that Zatanna is the 'light' and Constantine is the 'dark'.

Only problem is that Zatanna gets turned into the 'brawn' and Constantine the 'brains' behind the operations. She gets taken out to show how powerful the next threat is and an emotionally dependent waif who needs Constantine to tell her what to do. Plus there is the whole 'he lies and manipulates her but she keeps coming back to him because she is emotionally dependent on him' and that we never get to see any of Zatanna's actual supporting characters and relationships. Her friendship with WW and Detective Chimp was a breath of fresh air.

Having a female writer does give me hope that the story avoids some of the problematic elements of JLD Zee but we'll have to wait see.

JLD getting cancelled is a bummer but I hope this means we get more solo offerings for these character before they are brought together again. Or Zee joins the JL again.

big chance he was Khalid if based on appearance or Dr. Fate related things. There also some unique theory that the yellow shirt girl is a Martian priestess. The Martian at Young Justice love to imitate their favorite person through TV show or other way

Screenshot_20211023-135309_Tumblr.jpg

Tumblr_l_75959992671896.jpg
    So if we assume that the boy is Khalid and one of the girls is Tracy. The yellow shirt girl might be the Martian Priestess? Other options could be Enchantress, Eve Eden and Raven.

Yeah, I'm hoping he just sits back and lets more capable people run things. We don't need more mystery box story telling.

Well this recent talk remind me of that one good cover of New 52 JLD "Abandon All Hope". It has Zatanna steering the boat with the oar, gotta love the bold pose.
    http://mdeanpool.blogspot.com/2014/0...pe-teaser.html

Abandon All Hope 2.jpg
    Heh, I like how it looks like she is about to clock Deadman over the head with the oar.

Yeah, I'm hoping they put something together before the time of the movie since DC usually likes to do that when they have a new movie

'cause aside from the trade of Dini's stuff and some JLD, they don't have much at the moment for Zee.
    We have the Batman/Zatanna: Urban Legends story coming up.

What I find interesting are the multiple costumes we see her in. Regular civives, classic stage outfit, the Perez costume and the Dini costume (thigh highs + cape).

It seems to hint that they are restoring her pre Nu52 history and that we might get a partial retelling of them through this crossover. I hope this leads to a full modernized retelling of Zatanna's Search, the story with Sindella and the Hidden City plus the origin of her blue suit.

Side note: I really dig Bruce's bearded look. He reminds me of Keanu Reeves if the latter starred in a martial arts movie.

Are we finally going to see stage magician Zatanna in YJ?

What I find interesting are the multiple costumes we see her in. Regular civives, classic stage outfit, the Perez costume and the Dini costume (thigh highs + cape).

It seems to hint that they are restoring her pre Nu52 history and that we might get a partial retelling of them through this crossover. I hope this leads to a full modernized retelling of Zatanna's Search, the story with Sindella and the Hidden City plus the origin of her blue suit.

Side note: I really dig Bruce's bearded look. He reminds me of Keanu Reeves if the latter starred in a martial arts movie.
    Looks like some magic/multiversal hijinks.

Oh, wow. I might actually get the Urban Legends issues that cover this story now.

Yeah, the main concept of JLD is that Zatanna is the 'light' and Constantine is the 'dark'.

Only problem is that Zatanna gets turned into the 'brawn' and Constantine the 'brains' behind the operations. She gets taken out to show how powerful the next threat is and an emotionally dependent waif who needs Constantine to tell her what to do. Plus there is the whole 'he lies and manipulates her but she keeps coming back to him because she is emotionally dependent on him' and that we never get to see any of Zatanna's actual supporting characters and relationships. Her friendship with WW and Detective Chimp was a breath of fresh air.

Having a female writer does give me hope that the story avoids some of the problematic elements of JLD Zee but we'll have to wait see.

JLD getting cancelled is a bummer but I hope this means we get more solo offerings for these character before they are brought together again. Or Zee joins the JL again.

So if we assume that the boy is Khalid and one of the girls is Tracy. The yellow shirt girl might be the Martian Priestess? Other options could be Enchantress, Eve Eden and Raven.

Yeah, I'm hoping he just sits back and lets more capable people run things. We don't need more mystery box story telling.

Heh, I like how it looks like she is about to clock Deadman over the head with the oar.

Story is that Zatanna and Batman had to team up every year to contain some magical monster or curse (I forget which), so it will be a story that hopefully gives us a glimpse into her history.