Page 2 of 5186 FirstFirst 12345612521025021002 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    BP related stuff to checkout (Amazon links)

The Essential Black Panther Vol. One - Don McGregor

Am I missing anything?
    The McGregor run is also available as a Marvel Masterworks HC:

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Masterw...er+masterworks

Actually, the prices listed are quite cheap for a Masterworks. If I didn't own it already, I'd lock that down.

The great things about the Masterworks volume, besides the color and better paper, are a lengthy and informative introduction by McGregor about what he and Billy Graham were trying to achieve with the series and a beautiful afterword by the late Dwayne McDuffie on what it meant to finally have a superhero that looked like him. Both are essential reading for tracking the evolution of depictions of diversity in the history of comics.

IDK if appreciation is the right word... some members spend most of the time borderline hating lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    The McGregor run is also available as a Marvel Masterworks HC:

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Masterw...er+masterworks

Actually, the prices listed are quite cheap for a Masterworks. If I didn't own it already, I'd lock that down.

The great things about the Masterworks volume, besides the color and better paper, are a lengthy and informative introduction by McGregor about what he and Billy Graham were trying to achieve with the series and a beautiful afterword by the late Dwayne McDuffie on what it meant to finally have a superhero that looked like him. Both are essential reading for tracking the evolution of depictions of diversity in the history of comics.
    I didn't know BP had a masterworks. I gotta order that when I get paid, I only have the essential and some Jungle Action issues.

I'll add that to the list.

BANNED

Fresh start. Good times are coming... someday.

I am not as savvy with Wakandan catch phrases, so...

Hail to the true king, baby!

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

My tribute!

So Important order of business Wakanda, the old forum is viewable for 14 days stating now than it will be gone forever. We need to decide on which posts to save from the old BP appreciation threads before it is too late
    The J-man

Maj's series of write ups would be good.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Maj's series of write ups would be good.
    Definitely.

Ultimate Member

I agree. Save Maj's essays.

Amazing Member

Glad to see the Black Panther thread is back with multiple pages already!

On a related note, just wanted to say something real quick that I've been thinking since I went from lurking to posting and back to lurking again. I hope it isn't taken as a rant. It's just something that I think fits the spirit of the day and what's happened on these forums.

I finally made an account a few months back because I wanted to be an active member of a community that cares a lot about this character like I do. I received a warm welcome and things were great for a day or two. Then I made the mistake of saying something positive about one of the X-Men and a lot of the regulars here turned on me. I found myself stuck with the option of either arguing with my brothers or going with whatever the majority felt. It was as if I was one of the X-writers who they felt had disrespected T'Challa. I understand being passionate about this character, I really do. But as we read about these new forums and are thankful that we'll hopefully deal with fewer trolls, fanatics and general "those guys", I'm just asking that we try to be mindful of the part of us that can turn into one of "those guys" whenever we feel strongly about something.

Again, I have nothing but love for you all and the Black Panther. I'd just really like to see this thread focused on "appreciation" instead of all the negative things we could talk about.

Amazing Member

On a related note, I got my avatar from today's issue of New Avengers. It was the first time in a while that I've seen the short cape/collar combo and thought it actually looked kinda cool (Though for some reason the collar is clearly propped up differently in that profile shot.)

Edit: here's a bigger version
    Attachment 99
    Last edited by Leo Raine; 04-30-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Raine View Post
    Glad to see the Black Panther thread is back with multiple pages already!

On a related note, just wanted to say something real quick that I've been thinking since I went from lurking to posting and back to lurking again. I hope it isn't taken as a rant. It's just something that I think fits the spirit of the day and what's happened on these forums.

I finally made an account a few months back because I wanted to be an active member of a community that cares a lot about this character like I do. I received a warm welcome and things were great for a day or two. Then I made the mistake of saying something positive about one of the X-Men and a lot of the regulars here turned on me. I found myself stuck with the option of either arguing with my brothers or going with whatever the majority felt. It was as if I was one of the X-writers who they felt had disrespected T'Challa. I understand being passionate about this character, I really do. But as we read about these new forums and are thankful that we'll hopefully deal with fewer trolls, fanatics and general "those guys", I'm just asking that we try to be mindful of the part of us that can turn into one of "those guys" whenever we feel strongly about something.

Again, I have nothing but love for you all and the Black Panther. I'd just really like to see this thread focused on "appreciation" instead of all the negative things we could talk about.
    Welcome back Leo. If we ever made you feel unwelcome, that wasn't our intent at all. We've got a fresh start going forward so feel free to chime in with your opinions at any time.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Welcome back Leo. If we ever made you feel unwelcome, that wasn't our intent at all. We've got a fresh start going forward so feel free to chime in with your opinions at any time.
    Absolutely understood, my friend. Just wanted to get that off my chest and promote positivity!

I've tried to post a buetifull post with images several times.

New forums won't let me leave a post open while I jump back and forth copy and pasting code and stuff

In summary. Go team panther