Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Karma is older than Rogue though but I fully agree
    You're right. Definitely hard to tell from the art

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Interesting. Hmmm, dunno then. It seems like she's been written and drawn a lot younger over the years. Maybe she just ages well? Marvel is not good about these things. I mean, continuity in general has been mishandled pretty egregiously in many cases so ... *shrugs*

I still headcannon Rogue as 28-32 and Gambit as 30-34 at this point and yes that means I think Scott and Jean are 35-42 LOL.

Too bad no one is allowed to age.
    Yeah, that's kind of my headcannon as well, so Rogue could still be older than her.

Oh lord, that art Looks like there's only one bid on it right now. Tempting...
    Last edited by Sandmans_Raven; 01-13-2023 at 12:15 PM.
    Make Good Art

Yep, Karma is definitely older than Rogue

Karma 19 years old in New Mutants #2, released December 28, 1982-

Rogue 18 years old in Uncanny X-Men #182, released March 13, 1984-

And yeah, you wouldn't be able to tell from how they are characterized, used in the comics, or by their physical appearances in the comics.

WOW!!! Check out this cosplayer who brought Lukas Werneck's Rogue redesign for the MCU to life: https://twitter.com/StefaniaSassano/...PP7_pnHHQ&s=19

IMG_20230115_224834.jpg

I seriously want this as her new costume. It looks like a perfect combo of all her costume iterations in a way and just has a sophistication about it. And it looks awesome IRL. I love all the black on this.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 01-15-2023 at 09:50 PM.

Oh that look is FIRE. I enjoy the texture of the green portion too. She's looks terrific!

Also, X-Plain the X-Men has finally gotten to Uncanny #347-349:
    https://twitter.com/XPlaintheXmen/st...ctYgxV8pg&s=19

I really enjoyed the coverage!

Also, X-Plain the X-Men has finally gotten to Uncanny #347-349:
    https://twitter.com/XPlaintheXmen/st...ctYgxV8pg&s=19

I really enjoyed the coverage!
    That's swell. All things considered, the artwork is still truly legendary (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-16-2023 at 10:52 PM.

WOW!!! Check out this cosplayer who brought Lukas Werneck's Rogue redesign for the MCU to life: https://twitter.com/StefaniaSassano/...PP7_pnHHQ&s=19

I seriously want this as her new costume. It looks like a perfect combo of all her costume iterations in a way and just has a sophistication about it. And it looks awesome IRL. I love all the black on this.
    It is a great costume and it does look good there. I certainly like it a lot better than any of her green and white looks, and wouldn't mind seeing it in the comics for a while.

Astonishing Member

That is some good cosplay and a good look. A black bomber jacket like the drawer would look good, too.

ROGUE & GAMBIT #2 (OF 5)

Stephanie Phillips (W) • Carlos GÓMEZ (A) • Cover by Steve Morris

Variant Cover by PEACH MOMOKO • Variant Cover by OLIVIER VATINE

X-MEN VERSUS AVENGERS WITH THE FATE OF KRAKOA AT STAKE!

The future of mutantkind rests on Rogue and Gambit’s shoulders! Granted a vision of Krakoa’s demise, Destiny knows the one way to save their paradise: Find Manifold and hide him away, somewhere so deep that no one, not even his allies on the Avengers, can find him. That…won’t sit well with Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. The King of Wakanda comes for Marvel’s premier couple! But the Black Panther is just the first on a very long list of problems — and when someone else steals Manifold away, Rogue and Gambit find themselves in everyone’s crosshairs.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    ROGUE & GAMBIT #2 (OF 5)

The future of mutantkind rests on Rogue and Gambit’s shoulders! Granted a vision of Krakoa’s demise, Destiny knows the one way to save their paradise: Find Manifold and hide him away, somewhere so deep that no one, not even his allies on the Avengers, can find him. That…won’t sit well with Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. The King of Wakanda comes for Marvel’s premier couple! But the Black Panther is just the first on a very long list of problems — and when someone else steals Manifold away, Rogue and Gambit find themselves in everyone’s crosshairs.

I guess the writer doesn't have a clue about the Vibranium habit, and it won't end well when you go at it with physical force. Other than that the imagery is kind of dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    ROGUE & GAMBIT #2 (OF 5)

Thanks for sharing these @Jbenito!!!

Honestly this second issue solict has me feeling more excited for this series! Having Black Panther as a guest is far more high profile and also it's been a point of conjecture how Gambit's powers and Black Panther's suit will interact. Should make for a nice battle.

I'm also stoked that Rogue and Remy are being given something important to take on and something central to the overall Krakoa plot. This is just what we've been hoping and asking for!

Also these variants are absolutely giving me life! The kinetically charged pool ball! The motorcycle! The Las Vegas sign!!! (.... uhhhh do they know about my Romy week fanfic?!)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I guess the writer doesn't have a clue about the Vibranium habit, and it won't end well when you go at it with physical force. Other than that the imagery is kind of dumb.
    I don’t know what the vibranium habit is, I was distracted by thinking, why are covers so ugly?!? The variants are better, but seriously, why are main covers ugly?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I don’t know what the vibranium habit is, I was distracted by thinking, why are covers so ugly?!? The variants are better, but seriously, why are main covers ugly?!?!
    That is a reference to the Vibranium woven suit that Black Panther wears. The harder, and more frequently you strike it, the suit builds a charge from kinetic energy.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    That is a reference to the Vibranium woven suit that Black Panther wears. The harder, and more frequently you strike it, the suit builds a charge from kinetic energy.
    You know, cover art is frequently quite hyperbolic in nature and doesn't necessarily reflect the precise contents of the story inside. So I imagine that Rogue and Gambit will need to learn pretty early in their encounter with Black Panther that they'll need to change their usual tactics if they want to hold him off. I'd be quite surprised in fact if the writer wasn't aware of how his suit works ... I mean who hasn't at least seen the movies to understand the very basics? A decent writer will have done their homework.

Given how Gambit's powers work with manipulation of kinetic energy and Black Panther's suit is fueled by kinetic energy, this fight actually has the potential to be quite intriguing if the writer knows what she's doing. I'm crossing my fingers for that outcome.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 01-20-2023 at 05:37 AM.

Thanks for sharing these @Jbenito!!!

Honestly this second issue solict has me feeling more excited for this series! Having Black Panther as a guest is far more high profile and also it's been a point of conjecture how Gambit's powers and Black Panther's suit will interact. Should make for a nice battle.

I'm also stoked that Rogue and Remy are being given something important to take on and something central to the overall Krakoa plot. This is just what we've been hoping and asking for!

Also these variants are absolutely giving me life! The kinetically charged pool ball! The motorcycle! The Las Vegas sign!!! (.... uhhhh do they know about my Romy week fanfic?!)
    Yeah, I am feeling more hopeful too. It sounds like an antics-fueled fun-fest. I’m on board.

G&R fic in Las Vegas….? I’m looking forward to reading it!

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    There is something odd about the main covers. It’s like a painting of an art installation that has been staged with store mannequins. If I stare at it too long, it begins to stare back…

Interesting there is an Avengers angle to this. Between this and Cap Marvel, we’ll nearly have a year of Gambit and Rogue adventures co-starring Avengers when this is done.