Page 25 of 114 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    Veteran Junior Member Wolvie616's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Circe ran behind some of the others down one of the paths. She would stop every so often to wave a hand, causing some cantrip spells to take hold behind them. "These spells will not stop this woman of power, but they should buy us a bit of time and let us know if we're being followed. Remember to grab what you can and we can sift through the artifacts when we return to the Monitor's stronghold!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterbasset View Post
    The Weaver took his new bag and Weaved its entrance to be larger. With a flourish of his hands he directed the conveyor belt of products to waltz right into it, forcing them to sprint with a clap of his hands. Balls rolled, books flapped paper wings straight through.

The sorcerer hat's glow began to visibly radiate deeper, and The Weaver's voice thrummed to new heights.

Those items that had already danced beyond Him suddenly took flight and darted toward the two villains below! Corrosive liquids and inks, unstable potions, jars caging god knows what worked to block their vision, encumber their limbs, burst in their eyes, all trying to create openings for other Heroes to land blows! With a conductor's grace he gathered more items into the bag, conserving the more volatile vials and a few enchanted dolls and idols to strike further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    An entry from Roy Lincoln's satellite journal

The Weaver's attack distracted the two women long enough for me to get Amason out of harm's way. Harbinger, meanwhile, prevented him from tossing the wheel, the bell, and the jar, which happened to be among the items at his disposal.

As the two women knocked magical jars and potions aside, shielding themselves with their capes, Mister Blue Skies charged into the fight, tackling Superwoman. "I'm no match for a Kryptonian, but I can take you, Amazon!"

"I don't think so!" Power Woman shouted. She knocked Blue Skies into a wall with a swift, powerful punch and followed that up with a first of heat vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Al View Post
    Angry at being removed from the confrontation, the Amason nonetheless unliked his silver lariat. Twirling the loop over his head, he threw it straight at Power Woman in hopes of binding her. Like the lariats of Wonder Woman and Donna Troy, they were magic, indestructible even by Kryptonian hands.
    Thor joined in the fracas, calling upon the Lightning to electrocute Power Woman and Superwoman. The blonde seemed to be the one scaring the Monitor's allies the most, and so Thor began a brutal assault on her with Mjolnir, crashing the hammer with the full brute force he possessed right into her head. Restrained by Amason, she went crashing into the ground with astounding force.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    "I found this laying around.

Hmm...I think I'm going to keep it."
    "That is a weapon that is a powerful symbol in my world. Wield it well!"

OOC: Al, Anodyne and Chris, dont forget the Limbo Legion posts as well!
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

In Limbo...

"I can see all of space and time. I am of course aware of this antimatter wave and your little quest to defeat the Anti-Monitor. I was expecting your arrival, Wanderers," Immortus replies, snidely. "I've tried saving reality before and succeeded. Should I not hold on to these artifacts for such a time when the wave becomes a threat to me?"

He rubs his chin in thought. "Perhaps a test is in order. If you can defeat my team of champions, my Limbo Legion, then you I will consider letting you continue with your task."

Suddenly, seven figures appear before them: BIZARRO, Iron Man, Lady Sif, The Destroyer, Vandal Savage, Mister Bones, and Soundwave.

"Are we to do battle with these... mortals?"

"Excellent. Just the kind of warm-up I need after breakfast."

"Do we.. have to fight them? They're not hurting us."

"Not a bad idea. Maybe we can make it a drinking contest. Oo! Or a mud-wrestling contest. Me, Sif, and her Destroyer vs. the orange one, the blonde one, and the brunette in the red lightning bolt costume," Iron Man suggests, indicated Koriand'r, Saturn Girl, and Hummingbird. "Especially the orange one. Rowr."

"Fight them we must, that's the rule. Let's make sure we win this duel."
    "I don't believe this! Not for a minute!" Linda exclaimed. "You mean to tell me that you're going to let thousands of universes die because you want to wait until the anti-matter becomes a threat to YOU? And you're going to make us fight these bozos to get your artifacts?"

"And furthermore, there's no way you could get Vandal Savage to be your lackey. Everything I've heard about him indicates he's got an ego the size of the Multiverse itself. He'd sooner stab you in the back than be your lapdog."

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    OOC: Al, Anodyne and Chris, dont forget the Limbo Legion posts as well!
    OOC: I would have given the Limbo Legion response earlier, but RL interrupted.

The Demon took note of Hummingbird's statement. As did Saturn Girl while the others defended the group

"You might be right, Hummingbird. Whoever these people are, it is clear Immortus is not one for sensible negotiation" he said, staring down The Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "Okay, I think I should enter the catacombs." Mary Jane said. Using her Power Ring, she began flying through the tunnels beneath the store, looking for any of the artifacts on the list. "Okay, what were those items again?"

"Unfortunately, I overheard one of our enemies remark that they hold the Spear of Destiny, but we are also looking for the bell, jar, and wheel, a specific bundt cake, the Darkhold, and Madame Xanadu's tarot deck. The helm of Nabu is also one of the objects, but I... sense... it has already been found. Perhaps your ring of wishes can seek out one or more of the other artifacts. I shall do what I can as well."

Closing her eyes, Circe mumbled something in a long, forgotten language before a burst of light exploded from her and sped off down one of the many catacomb passages. Regaining her senses, Circe sped off after it. "Good fortune to you in your quest!"

Circe ran through the corridor, calmly dissipating any defenses Xanadu had set. Finally, she came upon a chamber filled with delicious goodies of all kinds. There were many wonders which Circe added to her basket: A mysterious glowing golden spatula, the legendary 'magic bullet,' the fabled container of Th'urr-Moss: Able to keep hot things hot and cold things cold-- HOW DOES IT *KNOW???*, a sandwich that, although appearing to be utterly delicious, exuded evil, and upon a glorious marble pedestal, a most welcome sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jane View Post

"Didn't the Mythbusters do a show on that?"
    Mary Jane asked. "I think they busted the 'bull in a china shop' thing."
    "Red, ah haven't the faintest idea what you even talkin' about," Rogue replied, in no way belying her 1990s awareness of popular culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Superwoman View Post
    Superwoman gives a wry grin, showing that they had had the same thought. "For now, beloved, we have to complete this mission and defeat these do-gooders. You grabbed the Spear of Density when we are looking for the Spear of Destiny. It's an easy mistake to make. They do look very similar," she says, pulling the Spear of Destiny out from behind her back. "I found it in the realm behind that door," she says, motioning to a door five doors down, on their left, one of many located in the catacombs. "And I of course killed those barbarians. They thought it was gift from the gods."
    "Lucky me," our heroine interjected between the Squad lovers, "Now ah get to rough up you an' your girlfriend."

It was the timely arrival of Thor that gave her the confidence to really engage them in a brawl, and come to the Amason's aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Williams, The Amason View Post
    "Liar!" the Amason hissed. "You murdered them all! Our sisters!" He lunged at Alkyone, but enhanced with the girdle of Gaia, she swatted him aside, even at his Amazon-strength level. He slammed into the wall of the catacomb, but quickly shook off the pain and hurled a loose boulder at her with all his might. This quick surprise attack managed to knock Superwoman off her feet, but soon he had no time to press a further attack as he caught a scorching beam of heat vision on his bracelet. Although the beam deflected, the intense heat was becoming too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Thor View Post
    Thor stepped by Ultra Rogue, preparing to fight beside her "Indeed. They shall soon learn the folly of their interference!"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Thor View Post
    Thor joined in the fracas, calling upon the Lightning to electrocute Power Woman and Superwoman. The blonde seemed to be the one scaring the Monitor's allies the most, and so Thor began a brutal assault on her with Mjolnir, crashing the hammer with the full brute force he possessed right into her head. Restrained by Amason, she went crashing into the ground with astounding force
    "Heh. Ya'll are gonna make me say it this time, ain't'cha?"

Ultra-Rogue deftly charged into battle right behind the Thunder God.

She tackled Superwoman as Thor engaged Power Woman. The heat vision attack was driven away from Simon as it raked across the ceiling. Rogue pushed her into another part of Madame Xanadu's place-- through a bookshelf. And a wall. And another wall.

"Ah'd say we're as thick as thieves, tryin' t'steal the same stuff, but the only 'thick' thing here is your thick head goin' through every wall, cueball."

Trading punches was a dangerous game when you have to choose, one at a time, through the exact same powers your opponent has all at once. Fortunately, Ultra-Rogue had been in a lot of ultra-scraps. Strength on, Strength off. Invulnerability on, Invulnerability off. Like clockwork, but with more flying fists.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    "I don't believe this! Not for a minute!" Linda exclaimed. "You mean to tell me that you're going to let thousands of universes die because you want to wait until the anti-matter becomes a threat to YOU? And you're going to make us fight these bozos to get your artifacts?"

"And furthermore, there's no way you could get Vandal Savage to be your lackey. Everything I've heard about him indicates he's got an ego the size of the Multiverse itself. He'd sooner stab you in the back than be your lapdog."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Demon View Post
    The Demon took note of Hummingbird's statement. As did Saturn Girl while the others defended the group

"You might be right, Hummingbird. Whoever these people are, it is clear Immortus is not one for sensible negotiation" he said, staring down The Destroyer
    The Asgardian Goddess and Engine of Destruction stepped forward.

"You'll find, here in Limbo, things tend to make very little sense altogether. It is why Troy and I act plainly, in a matter all understand."

She drew her sword, slashing wide. The armor's visor lifted and fired an energy blast at Hummingbird and the Demon.

"Now, fall before the Savage Sword of SIF!"
    Last edited by Deadpooligan; 07-14-2015 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Thor joined in the fracas, calling upon the Lightning to electrocute Power Woman and Superwoman. The blonde seemed to be the one scaring the Monitor's allies the most, and so Thor began a brutal assault on her with Mjolnir, crashing the hammer with the full brute force he possessed right into her head. Restrained by Amason, she went crashing into the ground with astounding force.

"That is a weapon that is a powerful symbol in my world. Wield it well!"
    The Savage would finally put the shield to the test, assisting Thor battle, smashing it over Power Woman's rather large head.

"Gaudy colors, this shield is nothing I've ever used before. Striking one's foe with this shield never felt more gratifying!"

Hawkman notices Ultra-Rogue battling Superwoman in the other room.

"Rogue! Though I am preoccupied helping Thor with this harlot, I can still assist you in another way."

Hawkman tosses Ultra-Rogue his Nth-Metal mace!

"Use it well! Use it often!"
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    "Unfortunately, I overheard one of our enemies remark that they hold the Spear of Destiny, but we are also looking for the bell, jar, and wheel, a specific bundt cake, the Darkhold, and Madame Xanadu's tarot deck. The helm of Nabu is also one of the objects, but I... sense... it has already been found. Perhaps your ring of wishes can seek out one or more of the other artifacts. I shall do what I can as well."

Closing her eyes, Circe mumbled something in a long, forgotten language before a burst of light exploded from her and sped off down one of the many catacomb passages. Regaining her senses, Circe sped off after it. "Good fortune to you in your quest!"

Circe ran through the corridor, calmly dissipating any defenses Xanadu had set. Finally, she came upon a chamber filled with delicious goodies of all kinds. There were many wonders which Circe added to her basket: A mysterious glowing golden spatula, the legendary 'magic bullet,' the fabled container of Th'urr-Moss: Able to keep hot things hot and cold things cold-- HOW DOES IT *KNOW???*, a sandwich that, although appearing to be utterly delicious, exuded evil, and upon a glorious marble pedestal, a most welcome sight.
    "Got it." Mary Jane said. "My guess is Madame Xanadu's tarot deck is hidden in her study somewhere."

"I think I'd better try to get to the other things before the crazy super-powered women get to them."

Mary Jane used her Power Ring to quickly move through the corridors below the shop. Soon, she came across what appeared to be a seemingly bottomless pit.

All right, I might not have a Spider-sense like Peter, but something's telling me that a good place to hide at least one of those artifacts would be in that pit. I don't know what's down there, but that alien told me the ring chose me. I had the ability to overcome great fear. So no matter how dark it might be, I'm going there into the unknown. Peter would do the same thing.

And I'd be worried sick about him.

Well, here goes nothing...

Without wasting any more time on introspection, Mary Jane used the Power Ring to fly down into the pit, the light from the ring illuminating the dark walls. At certain points, some of the walls seemed unnaturally black, as if scorched by a large source of flame.

Mary Jane tried to keep the ominous sign out of her mind as she continued, looking at all the walls of the pit for anything that stood out. After a while, she came to a ledge in the pit. Something shiny sat on the ledge, and she moved forward for a closer look.

Near the charred bones of some strange misshapen humanoid was a large shiny bell. The bell appeared to be covered in dirt, but it was clearly valuable. I think this might be the bell we're looking for.

She quickly grabbed the ring, and flew upward out of the pit. She'd found one of the items. Now all she had to do was help keep the rest of the items out of the hands of the villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post

"You'll find, here in Limbo, things tend to make very little sense altogether. It is why Troy and I act plainly, in a matter all understand."

She drew her sword, slashing wide. The armor's visor lifted and fired an energy blast at Hummingbird and the Demon.

Linda moved at super-speed, to dodge the blasts of the Destroyer. She then moved forward toward Sif, intent on grabbing the crazed Asgardian's arm and spinning her at super-speed to knock the fight at her.

Linda didn't know who these people were or what was going on. All she did know was that they were senselessly standing in the way of their obtaining the items needed to save several realities.

Quote Originally Posted by The Weaver View Post
    Those items that had already danced beyond Him suddenly took flight and darted toward the two villains below! Corrosive liquids and inks, unstable potions, jars caging god knows what worked to block their vision, encumber their limbs, burst in their eyes, all trying to create openings for other Heroes to land blows! With a conductor's grace he gathered more items into the bag, conserving the more volatile vials and a few enchanted dolls and idols to strike further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    She also advised Dr. Thirteen.

"We have need of the Helm later, but its services may be of use in this fight as well,"
    Dr. Thirteen was already finding the Helm of use as various objects whizzed past his head or ricocheted off the helm. Then his eyes widened as he heard a voice in his mind--coming from the Helm?! "Find Madame Xanadu," it seemed to say. "Those who plunder her domain without her leave must face the consequences. Ask her for what you need; she will not fail you."

Meanwhile, in Limbo

Dex-Starr was silently stalking Vandal Savage, the cat's small size again giving him the advantage of going unnoticed. He sensed in this man a primal cruelty that matched his own when in Red lantern mode. Very well, Dex-Starr would match cruelty for cruelty, savagery for savagery. Finding his moment, he crouched, then sprang onto his enemy's back, claws clinging and teeth biting.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

An entry from Roy Lincoln's satellite journal

Slowly, things were coming together. The battle raged on, with the heavy-hitters keeping Superwoman and Power Woman in check.

As mentioned, The Weaver had inadvertently found the wheel and the jar. Mary Jane had found the bell to go with them. Circe had found the old, stale, partially-eaten Bundt cake. Dr. Thirteen had found the Helm of Fate.

I put my speed to use finding other artifacts. First, I grabbed the Spear of Destiny from the floor--Superwoman had lost it in the fray. I searched through a few doors--one led to a tropical paradise, another to a twisted dimension with different physics--I only barely managed to bring myself back. Another door was locked, with a sign magically etched into it. It read: DO NOT OPEN AT ANY COST. THE GLORY INSIDE WILL UNLEASH HELL UPON ALL.

At the end of the hallway, I noticed Blue Skies, still on his back. I helped him to his feet.

"Are you all right?" I asked

"It'll take more than a punch to keep me down," he said."Just gotta get back out there."

"Are you sure you're willing, with your suit damaged?"

"Don't have a choice. I'll just have to be more careful, not let the exposed bits touch anyone. You use your speed to keep searching. Make sure we get out of here before this fight gets out of hand."

A thunderous series of crashes could be heard as Superwoman used her lasso to swing Thor through a series of stone walls.

"Sounds like that's my cue. Gotta see this through," he said with a smirk.

He flew off, using both fists to hit Superwoman square in the back.

When she gazed at her attacker, I noticed a brief look of horror take her face, then a knowing smile. "You're just a monster like us, aren't you?"

"Not anymore, lady."

The Savage would finally put the shield to the test, assisting Thor battle, smashing it over Power Woman's rather large head.

"Gaudy colors, this shield is nothing I've ever used before. Striking one's foe with this shield never felt more gratifying!"
    Thor smiled. "You would not believe the versatility of that shield!"

Thor delivered another mighty blow to Power Woman's ribs, and was preparing to electrocute her, when all of a sudden he found himself restrained by Superwoman
    A thunderous series of crashes could be heard as Superwoman used her lasso to swing Thor through a series of stone walls.

He flew off, using both fists to hit Superwoman square in the back.
    Thor was shaken a bit, but Superwoman's distraction served only to further anger him. Whirling his mighty hammer, Thor whipped up strong electric currents, and sent billions of watts of energy cascading towards Superwoman.

Thor then turnt towards Power Woman. Hawkman was a savage and great warrior, but he wouldn't last too long against a Hyperion or Sentry like being on his own. Thor couldn't afford to hold back. Hurling lighting and Anti-Force at Power Woman, Thor continued his relentless assault.

"Hawkman, if we cannot subdue her soon, I may be forced to resort to my greatest weapon. I can generate enough force with it to slay even gods and immortals, but it could destroy everything and everyone here. We must move her to the skies!"

Thor batted her upwards with a mighty blow from Mjolnir to her chest!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post

"It was worth a try, Hummingbird The Demon told her, turning it's body into vapors, then seeping inside The Destroyer to try and take control of the machine. at least that's what he thought The Destroyer to be!

Clark wrangled Bizarro, then stuck him to the floor, paralysis induced by a wave of thunder he learned from a strange rat creature. Princess Kori jammed an elbow at superspeed into Iron Man's chestplate, then grabbed his head to toss him at Vandal Savage, who Captain Thunder and Dex-Starr were currently fighting. This lead to

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post

Meanwhile, in Limbo

Dex-Starr was silently stalking Vandal Savage, the cat's small size again giving him the advantage of going unnoticed. He sensed in this man a primal cruelty that matched his own when in Red lantern mode. Very well, Dex-Starr would match cruelty for cruelty, savagery for savagery. Finding his moment, he crouched, then sprang onto his enemy's back, claws clinging and teeth biting.
    Vandal being open for an Iron Man sized volley to hit him as he grabbed at Dex-Starr.

"I have eaten bigger cats, killed bigger cats than you! You're turgid turquoise fur isn't even appealing to my palette!" he said, then was promptly hit by Iron Man's flying body.

"You will pay for your indignities to the honor of I and my comrades through battle, machine man!" Kori'andr shouted, charging full tilt at Iron Man

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Linda moved at super-speed, to dodge the blasts of the Destroyer. She then moved forward toward Sif, intent on grabbing the crazed Asgardian's arm and spinning her at super-speed to knock the fight at her.

Linda didn't know who these people were or what was going on. All she did know was that they were senselessly standing in the way of their obtaining the items needed to save several realities.
    Saturn Girl stayed out of the fray, speaking to Immortus.

"Hummingbird brought up some interesting points, especially about one of your Limbo Legion. How could, no how would an egomaniac like Savage work with you? Unless you are him in the future or he's you in the past whichever you prefer. I think you're trying to pull one over on us, lord of Limbo" Saturn Girl said.

"Chay-era, preserve us. but she cannot be taken by brute force. We need more power.

I need more power....I ne---"

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    "Hawkman, if we cannot subdue her soon, I may be forced to resort to my greatest weapon. I can generate enough force with it to slay even gods and immortals, but it could destroy everything and everyone here. We must move her to the skies!"

Thor batted her upwards with a mighty blow from Mjolnir to her chest!
    "So be it."

Almost instantly, the Savage Hawkman intercepts the airborne Power Woman, carrying her to the skies. As he continues to soar upwards, he continues slashing away at her face with his claws. Finally, he tosses her up even further!

"Thor! Do you what you must before gravity reclaims her!"
    GLORIOUS!

"Chay-era, preserve us. but she cannot be taken by brute force. We need more power.

I need more power....I ne---"

"So be it."

Almost instantly, the Savage Hawkman intercepts the airborne Power Woman, carrying her to the skies. As he continues to soar upwards, he continues slashing away at her face with his claws. Finally, he tosses her up even further!

"Thor! Do you what you must before gravity reclaims her!"
    Grimly, Thor lifted his hammer in the air. The time had come. After this blast, Thor wouldn't be able to properly fight at his peak for quite some time. If this did not put down Power Woman, he feared for the lives of his friends.

My BODY, a conduit for the HAMMER SUPREME, RAISED NOW TO SMITE THEE INTO OBLIVION.

FEEL THE FURY OF THE GOD OF THUNDER, MORTAL!

And with a deafening roar, Thor unleashed his Godblast, squarely hitting Power Woman, completely engulfing her in it's fury