Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Create your own INTERNATIONAL DC team.

Much like the threads about the Outsiders or the "Big 12" JL, this is a thread where you can share your ideas for international DC teams.
    If you had the freedom to pick the team's name, mission statement and roster, what would they be?

My team:
    GLOBAL GUARDIANS:

I chose the Global Guardians name because I wanted to stay away from the JLI title as I think DC sometimes rely to much on the Justice League name instead of trying to push different properties. Global Guardians is a great team name and is pretty self-explanatory.
    The team would be sanctioned by the United Nations and would be tasked with preventing/stoping conflicts between nations and terrorist attacks.
    Unlike other books like Justice League, GG would deal with issues very close to the real world, but obviously exagerated to fit the DCU.
    I tried picking a diverse cast, not only in terms of countries of origins, races and backgrounds, but also personalities.
    - Vixen (from Zambesi, Africa): team's spokesperson and JL liaison
    - August General in Iron (from China): mission strategist
    - Captain Atom (from the USA): field leader
    - Rocket Red (from Russia): new guy under the suit, would be gay
    - Godiva (from England): more developed than the one note character she was in new52's JLI
    - Fire (from Brazil): Checkmate liaison
    - Ice (from Norway): mystic connection
    - Dr./Lady Light (from Japan): the team's scientist

Other members would come and go as needed. Obscure Global Guardians member Belphegor would be the team's telepath and mission control.

I really like what you did there.

I like those characters. Im glad you didnt include any Batman Inc character. Some of them are plain stupid. I'm chilean, but i live in Argentina and I think El Gaucho only shows that Grant Morrison can't tell the difference between Argentina and 1880's Mexico lol.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

i've always kinda liked Red Star from The New Teen Titans. they basically had their own version of Colossus and didn't really use him that much.

i think England needs a better hero than Godiva. the hair power is lame regardless of how much Marvel pushes the Inhumans and Medusa. DC should bring back Britannia from Flashpoint. She could team up with The Knight (Beryl). The Hood has a cool look as well.

Astonishing Member

Because I can't do better than Super Friends' Global Guardians (nobody can - they're basically the United Nations of Super-Heroes), I'd go the opposite route. Into combination stark satire but also maybe a little bit of offbeat positivity, too, to make the satire stand out more when it hits.

The team? ANGLOSPHERE. Cultural representatives of Colonial England and the English speaking nations of the world. Though Anglosphere actually sounds like a better name for their satellite headquarters perhaps than the actual team. This is not necessarily a lily white rich man's club team (though perhaps there almost certainly has to be a WASPY guy with an actual "Wasp" insectoid theme. I'm thinking he's called the Paper Wasp and does paper stuff, too, so there can be lots of meta art stuff involving paper and pages and panels and what-not. Or maybe he's the global conspiracy villain, since he's the one who gets to re-write the history books). In fact, it's rather the opposite. Like, the USA super-hero is actually a native American. Ditto native Canadians. Indians. Africans. Maoris. And on and on and on. The satire then gets to jump back and forth between "all the precious 'gifts' that Imperial England brought to the natives" over to you know, serious race problems, economical and cultural stripmining, and on and on and on, all in the context of the Present Day, where a hero can simultaneously be called upon to unassimilate a little and celebrate their unique heritage but how that doesn't actually solve the back-log of hundreds of years of problems.

Anyhow, it's blackly comedic. Representatively diverse based on the actual planet's, well, most-recently-before-Colonialism indigenous populations. And probably continues the longrunning threads of like, Jack O'Lantern and The Knight always bickering with one another. And it probably only runs like less than a year.

Anyway, the Anglosphere itself, real-world, is such a simultaneously broad and narrow catalog or group of nations and colonies that it seems the most absurd way of grouping together an international super-hero team. Imagine like Aussies and Scots and Canadians and Indians and Iranians and anywhere else the old U.K. has planted their flag over the years that now speaks English as a primary or secondary dialogue.

I'd probably have to at least devote one issue to the American guy fighting against a duo of dueling American villains with red and blue themes.

Otherwise, if I had to retread the Global Guardians, I think I'd at least try to like find the countries that already have a bunch of heroes and super-teams of their own, and figure out which is the top hero. Like, who from Super Young Team or Big Science Action gets to represent Japan? Who from Super-Malon gets to represent Argentina? Which of the myriad British heroes gets to represent England? In fact a contest or a "vote" could be a neat gimmick for the first issue.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 10-02-2015 at 03:59 PM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I love threads like these!

For this one, I’d probably go with Global Guardians, too, just to show them as distinct players from the various Justice League teams. I think I’d make them privatized though, funded by an organization that doesn’t want to be beholden to geopolitical situations; the team will go where they need to in order to do what has to be done, regardless of who it brings them into conflict with, from local governments to other super-teams. They’re the team some folks think the JLA should be, and Stormwatch/the Authority were in theory, if not always practice.

I also like the idea of a lot of these guys having very little to no experience working with each other, so it’s not like the JLI or earlier Guardians line-ups will just fall into place.

My line-up would be:

Supergirl (United States)
    Tsunami (Japan)
    Tasmanian Devil (Australia)
    Olympian (Greece)
    Red Star (Russia)
    Jet (Jamaica)
    Gaucho (Argentina)
    August General in Iron (China)
    La Sangre (Spain)
    Celsius (India)
    Dark Crow (Canada)
    Shango (Nigeria)
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 10-02-2015 at 04:52 PM.

BANNED

Katana, Vostok, Silver Fox, Freak, & Vixen. I don't know what I'd name the team though.

With the way the world is right now, we really could use a Global Guardians team.

I like Factor's team but I would find some way to include Crimson Fox, Tasmanian Devil and Red Star.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

A U.N. sanctioned team that handles global threats.

Global Guardians – Large Version

01. Red Star (Russian)
    02. August General In Iron (Chinese)
    03. Rising Sun (Japanese)
    04. Impala (African)
    05. Ice (Norwegian)
    06. Jack O’Lantern (Irish)
    07. Godiva (British)
    08. Fleur de Lis (French)
    09. Centrix (Canandian) [revised]
    10. Owl Woman (American)
    11. Jet (Jamaican)
    12. Pampero (Argentinean) [revised]
    13. Tasmanian Devil (Australian)
    14. New female telepath/illusionist (from India)
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Love the Global Gaurdian but I would add a big names like Cyborg, Supergirl, Zatanna or Dick Grayson to ensure sales and appeal because the characters may struggle to keep an ongoing profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    I really like what you did there.

I like those characters. Im glad you didnt include any Batman Inc character. Some of them are plain stupid. I'm chilean, but i live in Argentina and I think El Gaucho only shows that Grant Morrison can't tell the difference between Argentina and 1880's Mexico lol.
    That's sadly a problem with many international heroes in American comics. Most of them are the personification of stereotypes related to their country, some like El Gaucho didn't even get the country right.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    i think England needs a better hero than Godiva. the hair power is lame regardless of how much Marvel pushes the Inhumans and Medusa. DC should bring back Britannia from Flashpoint. She could team up with The Knight (Beryl). The Hood has a cool look as well.
    Yeah, to be honest Godiva isn't a favorite of mine, especially the way Jurgens wrote her as the one note girl hitting on the team's leader.
    I do think she has potential, though, she was wasn't well written. I added her to my team because she's so different from all the others. I didn't want another character who was similar to the ones I had already chosen.
    There are some other British heroes that I think could work. Beryl is one of them (hopefully with a new look), maybe even Manchester Black, he'd cause some intrigue, which could be fun to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I love threads like these!
    Haha so do I (I think you've noticed by now, LOL).

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    With the way the world is right now, we really could use a Global Guardians team.

I like Factor's team but I would find some way to include Crimson Fox, Tasmanian Devil and Red Star.
    I'd definitely have Crimson Fox and Tasmanian Devil appear as guest stars at least. I didn't include them because I wouldn't want the team to be too big at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    Global Guardians

1-Bombshell / Amy Sue Allen (USA)
    2-Red Star / Leonid Konstantinovitch Kovar (Russia)
    3-Thundermind / Zou Kang (China)
    4-Ultimon / Dai Yokohama (Japan)
    5-Thunder Fall (Africa)
    6-Ice Maiden / Sigrid Nansen (Norway)
    7-Hurricane (England)
    8-Tasmanian Devil / Hugh Dawkins (Australia)
    9-Dark Crow / Daniel Crow (Canada)
    10-Doctor Mist / Nommo Balewa (France)
    11-The Olympian / Achilles Warkiller (Greece)
    12-Solstice / Kiran Singh (India)
    13-Golem / Moyshe Nakhman (Israel)
    14-Sirocco / Khalid (Iran)
    Isn't Dr. Mist from Kor, Africa?

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Love the Global Gaurdian but I would add a big names like Cyborg, Supergirl, Zatanna or Dick Grayson to ensure sales and appeal because the characters may struggle to keep an ongoing profitable.
    Adding more Americans would kind of kill the appeal to me. All the other teams are so American-centered, it would be cool to have one that has only one American member.
    I did try to include fan-favorites in my team and I this book should be part of a push to raise Vixen's profile.
    If I wanted to add more popular heroes, I'd pick other international ones, like maybe Booster Gold who is Canadian now for some reason. I didn't add him to the team because he just screams JLI too much and I would want this team to stand apart from the Justice League.

Global Guardians – Post DCnU 52. Headquartered in France, Liaison, Catherine Cobert.

• Lionheart – England. Sir Richard Plante.
    • Booster Gold – Canada. Michael Carter. 2nd in command.
    • Fire – Brazil. Beatriz DaCosta.
    • Ice – Norway. Tora Olafsdotter.
    • August General in Iron – China.
    • Vixen – South Africa. Mari Jiwe McCabe.
    • Dr. Prism – Japan. Kimiyo Hoshi.
    • Red Star – Russia. Leonid Kovar.
    • Tasmanian Devil – Australia. Hugh Dawkins.
    • Captain Atom – U.S.A. Nathaniel Adam. Field tactician.

Peace

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    Global Guardians

1-Bombshell / Amy Sue Allen (USA)
    2-Red Star / Leonid Konstantinovitch Kovar (Russia)
    3-Thundermind / Zou Kang (China)
    4-Ultimon / Dai Yokohama (Japan)
    5-Thunder Fall (Africa)
    6-Ice Maiden / Sigrid Nansen (Norway)
    7-Hurricane (England)
    8-Tasmanian Devil / Hugh Dawkins (Australia)
    9-Dark Crow / Daniel Crow (Canada)
    10-Doctor Mist / Nommo Balewa (France)
    11-The Olympian / Achilles Warkiller (Greece)
    12-Solstice / Kiran Singh (India)
    13-Golem / Moyshe Nakhman (Israel)
    14-Sirocco / Khalid (Iran)
    Did you make these up, or do pictures of them exist somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Y
    Did you make these up, or do pictures of them exist somewhere?
    Pretty sure they exist. I've heard about most of them at least