Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Regarding Spider-Man/Deadpool since I know alot of people have been predicting that will be canned for a while, from what I have heard the trades do sell very well for the series, so that's one reason why its stuck around for so long. I also know Thompson has mentioned he has a big story planned for the book, and one of the WLMD issues joked/teased that the series would end at issue 50, so I would not be surprised if that is the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Dimension hopping? Like she'll absorb/internalize the Web of Life (is that what it's called?) and can move herself to wherever another spider is?

It's either that or the ability to hold a steady job
    I hope that's the case, then she won't have to worry about leaving her watch lying around all over the place and constantly getting stolen lol

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Regarding Spider-Man/Deadpool since I know alot of people have been predicting that will be canned for a while, from what I have heard the trades do sell very well for the series, so that's one reason why its stuck around for so long. I also know Thompson has mentioned he has a big story planned for the book, and one of the WLMD issues joked/teased that the series would end at issue 50, so I would not be surprised if that is the plan.
    It's just become irrelevant after Kelly and McGuinness left. To me anyway. And started to waiver once all the fill-in issues started. I tried jumping back on when Thompson started but couldn't get back into it. But the book launched like freaking gangbusters.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Never go by the subscription checklist. Anyone subscribing to Peter Parker, would just auto-receive the "replacement" title of Friendly Neighborhood, unless you specify otherwise.
    oh I totally get that , heck , I'm still waiting for the final six issues of The Prowler I never got................LOL

it's one thing to cancel a title after you have subscribed to it , but another to still be taking subscriptions for a title that has been canceled

so I'm hoping it's just taking a month or two off , and will be back

I hope that's the case, then she won't have to worry about leaving her watch lying around all over the place and constantly getting stolen lol
    The watch will be destroyed in the Spider-Geddon tie-ins, so she needs some form of replacement.

And about the subs, yeah, they just bump you to another similar book. Renew Your Vows readers should get Spider-Girls, and will likely then be switched to ASM. X-Men Red readers will probably end up with Uncanny X-Men, as will anyone who subbed to Gold and Blue. Friendly Neighbourhood is a straight replacement for Spectacular. Weapon X is gone too, I assume it's readers will be given X-Force.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-16-2018 at 05:26 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'm just looking forward to the inevitable team-up between Spider-Man and Laura and Gabby Kinney.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I will give Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man a shot.

Definitely will be getting Amazing Spider-Man and Venom.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm just looking forward to the inevitable team-up between Spider-Man and Laura and Gabby Kinney.
    That's what I'm here for

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It's just become irrelevant after Kelly and McGuinness left. To me anyway. And started to waiver once all the fill-in issues started. I tried jumping back on when Thompson started but couldn't get back into it. But the book launched like freaking gangbusters.
    I've been liking what Thompson has been doing, it's been nothing amazing or anything but decent for what it is, a good read through trade. But yeah, Kelly & McGuiness' 12-part story is still at the top, that was excellent, especially the first half.

BANNED

I don't keep up with the book like I did but every few months I'll get the issues I missed and catch up. It's still good.

Wouldn't be totally surprised if it keeps going past #50.

Friendly Neighborhood #1 & #2
    Amazing #13 & #14
    Miles Morales #2
    Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider #4
    Superior #2
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

BANNED

So, it's lights out for Spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I don't keep up with the book like I did but every few months I'll get the issues I missed and catch up. It's still good.

Wouldn't be totally surprised if it keeps going past #50.
    I want to see them do an issue where Peter contacts Wade about something, but Wade doesn't remember him. That'd be a good way to end the book actually. It's still set before Go Down Swinging and the last arc of Despicable Deadpool (Wade wiped his memory at the end of that) and the longer that remains the case the more ridiculous it'll get. They're falling behind in continuity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Amazing, SpOck and Ghost-Spider (name still sucks) for me.

Astonishing Member

#1 of Friendly Neighbourhood I'll give a go at.

BANNED

IDW solicit

Marvel Action: Spider-Man #3—SPOTLIGHT

Delilah S. Dawson (w) • Fico Ossio (a & c)

As if Peter Parker didn’t have enough problems at high school, suddenly New York’s crawling with Spider-People! Peter has no choice but to forge a tentative partnership with Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy as a larger mystery threatens the trio! All-new web-swinging action in the Mighty Marvel Manner!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...solicitations/