Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Frank Castle: Punisher Appreciation 2019

New Year, new thread. Welcome to the thread for Frank Castle fans!

Last year was a good year for Frank! We saw one solo end very well and a new one off to a very good start.

And the 2nd season of the Netflix series ready to go.

This should be another good year for Frank.

New teaser for season 2 released today

Ready for it!

By the way, here's the link to the previous version of this thread:
    Frank Castle: Punisher Appreciation 2018
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2018

And here are some old Marvel Handbook entries:

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 1 No. 8 (August 1983)

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 No. 10 (September 1986)

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition Vol. 1 No. 17 (April 1992)

Always wondered whatever happened to Jim Lee's project teaming up the Punisher & Nick Fury. Very sad it will never see the light of day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-05-2019 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Always wondered whatever happened to Jim Lee's project teaming up the Punisher & Nick Fury. Very sad it will never see the light of day.
    frank castle3.jpg
    Me too. I thought this was going to be a great graphic novel. I’ve read that it’s completely written it just needs to be drawn.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Me too. I thought this was going to be a great graphic novel. I’ve read that it’s completely written it just needs to be drawn.
    This was when Jim Lee replaced Marc Silvestri as the artist for Uncanny X-Men. I guess scheduling conflicts prevented him from committing a certain amount of time for the graphic novel, correct?
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-05-2019 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

War Zone was great. I wish Checchetto was able to do interiors, but I didn't mind CdG.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    frank castle3.jpg
    I really loved that Punisher arcade game where Fury is the second player.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 02-05-2019 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I really loved that Punisher arcade game where Fury is the second player.

One of the best games ever imo. I still play it at my boys house to this day. Just an incredibly fun game.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    War Zone was great. I wish Checchetto was able to do interiors, but I didn't mind CdG.
    I'm a big fan of Checchetto but Di Giandomenico's art is more fluid in fight scenes. imo

castle vs spidey.jpg
    Last edited by Winterboy; 02-05-2019 at 01:46 PM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I'm a big fan of Checchetto but Di Giandomenico's art is more fluid in fight scenes. imo

castle vs spidey.jpg
    Agreed. Rucka's War Zone was most enjoyable, especially the artwork from Di Giandomenico. I hope he's got something lined up at Marvel pretty soon.

EDIT: just found out Di Giandomenico is now at DC working on Starfire's Justice League Odyssey. Good to know he's still working.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-09-2019 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Added updated information.

I'd like to see the Matt Fraction era arcs adapted for the TV show.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Watched Punisher season 2 the last few weeks and have to say I really enjoyed it. Some over the top brutality in spots (like the gym scene), but still very good. I am going to miss this show.