Page 777 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 277677727767773774775776777778779780781787827877 ... LastLast
Results 11,641 to 11,655 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

In Other news, Biden Broads are out attacking a black woman over Doctor King, this is not a good look for him, he needs to start reigning his supporters in.

Nina Turner vs. Hilary Rosen: "How Dare You, As A White Woman" Tell Me How To Interpret MLK Jr.

Rosen told Turner, a black woman, that Martin Luther King Jr. never said to be concerned about white moderates, he said to be worried about the "silence of white moderates.

"Don't tell me about Martin Luther King Jr. Are you kidding me?" Turner said.

Turner told Rosen not to tell what King meant and explained that the "white moderates" passage was about those who are bystanders that are okay with not changing the status quo.

"What Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was talking about, he said it is the point that the white moderate wants things to be comfortable instead of focusing in on the bigger threat is not necessarily the white KKK member but more the white moderate that is more comfortable with keeping things the same," Turner said.

Rosen, a white woman, responded by telling Turner not to use MLK against Biden, going as far as to say she does not "have the standing" to do such a thing.

Not a good look for Biden, His Broads and bros are gonna act like this... Might turn some folks away.
    Jeez...

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Not going to happen. The Democratic Party will not have a ticket with two people both over 70 years old. Even Bernie Sanders knows this.
    Warren is an extraordinarily bad choice for VP or even any cabinet post simply because a GoP governor will appoint a successor for 6.months until a special election can be held.

If we want to play the game of balancing the ticket for Biden then you do want someone more progressive, but not to the point of worrying moderates, and appealing to Hispanics since that is a weaker demographic for him. Warren only covers one of those, and Harris only covers one as well, just a different one.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Democrats like power as much as the GOP. They are corrupt, but not nearly as much as the GOP. The Democratic party can be salvaged, but moderates gotta be reduced in number.
    Everyone likes power. Reducing moderates requires recruiting them, not alienating or purging them. This description leans far too much on saying they're both the same and reinforces the incorrect narrative that every Democrat is corrupt.

Fair Take, and I agree Warren will not endorse Bernie, she burned that bridge.
    Sanders burnt that bridge.

There's a reason I barely respond to you. Didn't you want me to not do that?
    I don't know, your efforts to demoralise the Democrats need to be addressed and everyone who rationally tries to discuss things with you don't have much success. Stop the theatrical act and more people will respect what you have to say.

Anyway, I'm not defending Rogan, never did. I'm calling out the hypocrisy of the Democrats. Because they LOVE money. Do you think if Joe Rogan was tossing millions at them they'd try to slam him? Please.
    This is how you compared Bloomberg and Rogan:

The thread. Joe Rogan kind of endorses Sanders. People threatened not to vote for Sander, and called Rogan all sorts of names and shitted on his viewers, and tried to get Sanders to denounce him.

This month

The thread. Mike Bloomberg, and avowed racist, and authoritarian, HIM? He's fine we're gonna use his money to defeat Trump and racism...
    This isn't a post saying they're equally as bad as each other, it's clearly making Rogan the superior option to Bloomberg. You don't even call him racist, and ignored the link I quoted when he called Black people apes. They're both avowed racists and that's the tip of the iceberg with Rogan being awful. You downplay Sanders connection to Rogan as though they barely had anything to do with each other, when Sanders himself went on his show for publicity and his campaign flaunted his endorsement on twitter.

That's defending Rogan.

You refuse to acknowledge the hypocrisy of Sanders or yourself with these opinions.

Democrats care about power, and Bloomberg gives them that even with all his and Bidens racial issues.
    I sided with you about him. I hate Bloomberg, this whole thread does aside from the Republicans.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 03-06-2020 at 02:21 AM.

Agree and disagree. Because not all Blacks voted for Biden, at least give Bernie some credit. Just say OLDER blacks and you'd be correct. All blacks is hella wrong, last time I checked I was one.
    I didn't say 'all black voters', but I think saying 'generally', that his outreach to black voters, of which a majority have so far come out for his opponent, is a fair characterization. Moreover, I'd point out that from what we know of the data, and not just polls. Moreover, Bernie's performance among the younger black voters didn't reach as high a majority as we'd been lead to think so far from the last data I did see.

That's not to say you don't exist. You plainly do, but I think you have to understand that you're not as representative of even that slice of the electorate as you'd like to think.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Mitt Romney Says There’s ‘No Question’ Hunter Biden Probe Appears Political

Romney has the power to block an upcoming subpoena in the Senate investigation of the former vice president’s son. It'll be interesting to see if Mittens actually will wield that banhammer.

Nurses Blast Government And Hospital Readiness For Coronavirus

The union National Nurses United surveyed its members and found they were lacking the equipment, training and clear guidelines they need right now. I'm glad nurses are speaking truth to power. Meanwhile....

CNBC’s Rick Santelli Proposes Dangerous Idea: Infect Everyone With Coronavirus

Rick Santelli suggested “maybe we’d just be better off if we gave it to everybody and then in a month it would be over.” Christ on a crutch! Not even Trump went THAT far (at least not yet)! This smacked ass needs to be suspended from the airwaves like....IMMEDIATELY!

Federal Judge Blasts William Barr For Distorting Mueller Report

The judge questioned whether the attorney general tried to “create a one-sided narrative” that benefited President Donald Trump. Trump won't like his consigliere having been blasted. GOOD!

Trump Awakening The ‘Sleeping Giant’ Of Latino Voter Engagement In Arizona

After a Senate seat win in 2018, Democrats hope the anti-Trump wave will deliver the state to their party in November. Definitely a cause for concern for the GOP.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Warren is an extraordinarily bad choice for VP or even any cabinet post simply because a GoP governor will appoint a successor for 6.months until a special election can be held.

If we want to play the game of balancing the ticket for Biden then you do want someone more progressive, but not to the point of worrying moderates, and appealing to Hispanics since that is a weaker demographic for him. Warren only covers one of those, and Harris only covers one as well, just a different one.
    Whoever Biden picks needs to be younger as the biggest concern about him is his age and mental faculties. He needs a solid and a credible pick of someone who is at most in their 60s to help reassure voters that if something happens to Biden there is strong hand waiting to take over. He also needs someone who can help him win over Trump voters. Ideally I'm sure they'd also like to find a minority female who also fits these critera. If Sherrod Brown was a black female you could pencil the name in now. I think Brown will be on a shortlist of potentials though his age, he's closer to 70 than 60, works against him as does him being a white male. But he's deeply popular in Ohio and amongst blue collar workers, a state and voting bloc that Biden needs to try and bring back as they went for Trump last time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I didn't say 'all black voters', but I think saying 'generally', that his outreach to black voters, of which a majority have so far come out for his opponent, is a fair characterization. Moreover, I'd point out that from what we know of the data, and not just polls. Moreover, Bernie's performance among the younger black voters didn't reach as high a majority as we'd been lead to think so far from the last data I did see.

That's not to say you don't exist. You plainly do, but I think you have to understand that you're not as representative of even that slice of the electorate as you'd like to think.
    Yeah but constantly touting the support for Biden among black folks as if it's some kind of absolute firewall that progressives can never penetrate is kind of painting us as these European style populists who are laser focused on the "native" working class and are out to screw as many minorities and immigrants as possible in the name of increasing welfare benefits for themselves, and that's just totally unfair. The main reason that black people support moderates is, as many have freely admitted, all the fearmongering about electability is hitting home hard. No matter how free thinking or independently minded black voters may be, constantly hearing horror stories about how we'll get another four years of Trump if we don't nominate the most bland and inoffensive candidate, which Joe Biden really isn't even but whatever, ends up being some brain worm that occupies your mindspace no matter how hard you try to block it out.

Forget Bernie and this entire election for a second, the big reason why the Democratic party's relationship with black voters always sticks in my craw is because, for all the support that black folks have given white moderate politicians, it almost NEVER gets reciprocated in any meaningful fashion. Had Hillary Clinton won in 2016, the black vote would have been decisive, because whites voted overwhelmingly for Trump and the Hispanic/Asian/Other vote was inexplicably a lot closer than it really should have been, but black voters held firm as a bloc. However, does anyone really believe that helping the black community was ever anywhere near the top of the list of her policy priorities? Black people generally do poorly in this country when they sit back and wait for incremental change to do its thing, I don't know why anyone thinks it is in their best interest to support white politicians that advocate for exactly that.
    Last edited by PwrdOn; 03-06-2020 at 05:04 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Forget Bernie and this entire election for a second, the big reason why the Democratic party's relationship with black voters always sticks in my craw is because, for all the support that black folks have given white moderate politicians, it almost NEVER gets reciprocated in any meaningful fashion. Had Hillary Clinton won in 2016, the black vote would have been decisive, because whites voted overwhelmingly for Trump and the Hispanic/Asian/Other vote was inexplicably a lot closer than it really should have been, but black voters held firm as a bloc. However, does anyone really believe that helping the black community was ever anywhere near the top of the list of her policy priorities? Black people generally do poorly in this country when they sit back and wait for incremental change to do its thing, I don't know why anyone thinks it is in their best interest to support white politicians that advocate for exactly that.
    Let black people be the judge of who we want to support -- and why -- and stop trying to speak for us.

You'd be better served by just acknowledging that American voters in general don't support progressive politicians.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-06-2020 at 05:42 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Let black people be the judge of who we want to support -- and why -- and stop trying to speak for us.

You'd be better served by just acknowledging that American voters in general don't support progressive politicians.
    I’m not telling you what to do, just giving my assessment of the situation as best as I can tell. It is true that Americans probably don’t support progressives generally, but again, I view this as a mistake that doesn’t serve our interests well.

Ultimate Member

I’m not telling you what to do, just giving my assessment of the situation as best as I can tell. It is true that Americans probably don’t support progressives generally, but again, I view this as a mistake that doesn’t serve our interests well.
    Your assessment is based on your own limited perspective -- which does not include being black.

Rest assured most of us are quite aware of what we are dealing with, and are voting accordingly.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-06-2020 at 05:59 AM.

Never underestimate the American voters ability to look at what would actually be in their own best interest, and say "Nah, I'm Good With What Hasn't Been Working..."

BANNED

Your assessment is based on your own limited perspective -- which does not include being black.
    Taking this tack is unfair, I'm respecting your intelligence and trying to have a serious conversation. I'm not telling you to vote for me because I like hot sauce and was friends with Obama, like some people.

Ultimate Member

Taking this tack is unfair, I'm respecting your intelligence and trying to have a serious conversation.
    It's not a "tack" -- it's the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    "Nah, I'm Good With What Hasn't Been Working..."
    Sounds like Sanders slogan -- or a progressive slogan going at least back to Carter.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-06-2020 at 06:12 AM.

BANNED

It's not a "tack" -- it's the truth.
    Tell me what it is I'm missing then. What exactly is so special about Joe Biden that I'm missing here? Everything I've read from both columnists and posters points to either electability, which I don't buy for reasons I've already laid out, and his relationship with Obama, which I can understand but still is unconvincing to me because, well, you're not voting for Obama. So either I've misinterpreted Biden's appeal on either of these points, or there is some other thing that would matter to me if I was black but which I am not able to see, so what is it?

Ultimate Member

Tell me what it is I'm missing then. What exactly is so special about Joe Biden that I'm missing here? Everything I've read from both columnists and posters points to either electability, which I don't buy for reasons I've already laid out, and his relationship with Obama, which I can understand but still is unconvincing to me because, well, you're not voting for Obama. So either I've misinterpreted Biden's appeal on either of these points, or there is some other thing that would matter to me if I was black but which I am not able to see, so what is it?
    That's not my job -- if you don't like Biden then vote for someone else.

I'm not here telling you who to vote for -- I'm just saying don't try that "Democratic plantation" nonsense just to defend your political ideologies.

If you don't know what it is look it up -- half the problem here is that you're so busy trying to lecture others that you refuse to learn anything.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-06-2020 at 06:18 AM.