View Poll Results: Who has the potential to achieve A-list status?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aztek

7 6.80%
  • Black Condor

1 0.97%
  • Black Orchid

3 2.91%
  • Blue Beetle

67 65.05%
  • El Diablo

5 4.85%
  • El Dorado

5 4.85%
  • Engineer

4 3.88%
  • Fire

11 10.68%
  • Firebrand

0 0%
  • Jessica Cruz

40 38.83%
  • Kyle Rayner

25 24.27%
  • Renee Montoya

20 19.42%
  • Sideways

9 8.74%
  • Vibe

17 16.50%
  • Other

7 6.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Sideways: An awesome character with a cool look and powers! He held his own series but DC really needs to bring him back and do something with him! Too much potential to just leave in limbo.

Sideways is in young justice by the way.

Voted for Blue Beetle. He's had a steady stream of larger media appearances that go back ten years now, a solid visual and cool premise. With some work, he could theoretically hit A-list.

Cruz could as well, but that's a cheat since she's a Lantern. She gets in by association.

I think Vibe has a mountain of potential that hasn't been tapped yet. With the right creators, investment, and a little time, he could maybe be a big deal.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Ms. Beatriz Da Costa has been my favorite Latina character since I first discovered her back in early issues of JLI.

I don't even need her to be an A-lister, I just wish someone at DC would remember she still exists. With all the bewildering content that gets the green light, I can't believe we still haven't seen a Fire & Ice mini series.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Notice that Jessica Cruz and Blue Beetle seem to be the favorites on the poll so far by significant margins.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Blue Beetle, he was it before Miles and Kamala came along.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Notice that Jessica Cruz and Blue Beetle seem to be the favorites on the poll so far by significant margins.
    I’m not surprised by that honestly. They’re also leading the poll in the other thread too! Well Jaime has been leading since it started but Jessica just recently slid into second, beating Renee, who held second place for quite some time.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I would definitely say Jaime. He has a cool costume design and an interesting backstory with The Reach (one that’s already been successfully explored in the Young Justice cartoon). Jamie also has an advantage over Jessica because while he is a legacy character, his look and power set are so different from his predecessors that it makes him unique. So there’s room in the DCU for Jaime and Ted because they play/occupy different roles. Jessica is great but she’ll always be overshadowed by Hal and John. She has the exact same powers so, like all the GLs, she’ll always be fighting for a position (usually floating far behind the two better known Lanterns).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Vibe: A cool character and has awesome powers,
    This Guy???

Man, if Eddie Guerrero was still alive, I would love to see him play Vibe...Latino Heat!

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    This Guy???

The character has greatly evolved since then and is a fan favorite on the CW show.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The character has greatly evolved since then and is a fan favorite on the CW show.
    He's terrible on the show, at least to me. His only use now seems to be creating the implausible and making up code names.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    This Guy???

Yeah that guy, though his CW version whom I like way better. He is a cool character but I feel he’s best used as a support character/ team player than a solo act. I don’t think it helps Vibe’s cause that he has competition from Sideways (nearly identical power sets but Derek has a cooler look).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Yeah that guy, though his CW version whom I like way better. He is a cool character but I feel he’s best used as a support character/ team player than a solo act. I don’t think it helps Vibe’s cause that he has competition from Sideways (nearly identical power sets but Derek has a cooler look).
    I know Sideways was supposed to be the Spider-Man of the NAOH, but I don’t think he’s going to get too far looking so much like a knockoff character. They need to change his mask a bit. Maybe have his mouth showing like Batman’s mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I know Sideways was supposed to be the Spider-Man of the NAOH, but I don’t think he’s going to get too far looking so much like a knockoff character. They need to change his mask a bit. Maybe have his mouth showing like Batman’s mask.
    I think if Sideways' book had continued, he'd have been able to establish himself as a different enough character from Parker to be fine. Plenty of characters at DC and Marvel are just copies of the other guy's IP, after all, yet manage to stand on their own well enough. And Sideways' stuff with the dark multiverse offered plenty to differentiate him from Spider-Man.

But as it stands, yeah, they need to advance Sideways' character arc a little more, keep pushing him in his own direction.

I do think there's too much overlap between Sideways and Vibe though. Two Latino guys with the power to teleport and jump between dimensions? That's a fairly niche powerset and they both cover that "interdimensional border cop" thing, though Sideways skews more cosmic, what with the inclusion of Tempus Fuginaught.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I believe they would be, no, in fact everyone would be if they just built one from the ground up.
    Start off with the ideas if what would expected and required of an a list character and make the character hit every note. It's not difficult but people tend to screw it up constantly.

Among the choices given I feel Jaime is the far and away winner, but...
    Just sitting here thinking about some of the things ascended has said and having read the black A list character thread... DC does a disservice not just simply ignoring characters but being unable to create a character that is a list outside of the justice groups members and thier spin offs, or thinly veiled spiderman.

Growing up in Texas I had the opportunity to be exposed to lot of Mexican culture growing up, and it's not hard to do a good job there just drawing from things I heard and saw growing up.

But... comics seem to miss the ball constantly and I'm too the point of thinking people might get what they want more easily if the big 2 actually fall.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.