Page 58 of 81 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

See, I don't want Jessica's friendship with Peter to be on par with Carol's. Not in the least.

I realize it's pointless arguing with you on this but yeah. I don't think everyone under the sun needs to team up with Peter and he his bff. I like Jess status with him right now thanks.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    See, I don't want Jessica's friendship with Peter to be on par with Carol's. Not in the least.

I realize it's pointless arguing with you on this but yeah. I don't think everyone under the sun needs to team up with Peter and he his bff. I like Jess status with him right now thanks.
    Stories are about moving forward. That's how new stories are formed. Carol's friendship with Peter was on par with Jessica. Peter has very few female allies. Jessica is one of them. We do not have enough outside characters who are friends with Spider-Man. It doesn't hurt to further develop Jessica's friendship with Peter Parker. It only helps is she makes a frequent appearance in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man and Spectacular Spider-Man. I would say that Julia Carpenter and Jessica Drew are much closer to Parker than Silk, Ghost-Spider, Miles Morales, or Spider-Girl. Marvel has tried so hard to bring Jessica into the Spider-Office. Might as well develop her friendship with Parker because it only helps to promote the character to a larger audience. Dennis Hopeless has had his chance to do adventures between Jessica and Peter. He didn't use it to his advantage by bringing increased readers to his run on Spider-Woman. Spider-Man and Deadpool works well together as a team up adventure. It can't hurt to see a Spider-Man & Spider-Woman mini series.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-27-2020 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Stories are about moving forward. That's how new stories are formed. Carol's friendship with Peter was on par with Jessica. Peter has very few female allies. Jessica is one of them. We do not have enough outside characters who are friends with Spider-Man. It doesn't hurt to further develop Jessica's friendship with Peter Parker. It only helps is she makes a frequent appearance in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man and Spectacular Spider-Man. I would say that Julia Carpenter and Jessica Drew are much closer to Parker than Silk, Ghost-Spider, Miles Morales, or Spider-Girl. Marvel has tried so hard to bring Jessica into the Spider-Office. Might as well develop her friendship with Parker because it only helps to promote the character to a larger audience. Dennis Hopeless has had his chance to do adventures between Jessica and Peter. He didn't use it to his advantage by bringing increased readers to his run on Spider-Woman. Spider-Man and Deadpool works well together as a team up adventure. It can't hurt to see a Spider-Man & Spider-Woman mini series.
    First time i ever saw Spider-Woman was with Spider-Man in a Marvel Activity Book. I'm all for Her and Pete being pals so long as she is superior, haha. I can't stand the Carol/Jess crap anymore.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    First time i ever saw Spider-Woman was with Spider-Man in a Marvel Activity Book. I'm all for Her and Pete being pals so long as she is superior, haha. I can't stand the Carol/Jess crap anymore.
    She would be superior to Peter. Although I would love to see Parker develop a few Spider-Equipment for Jessica that would be powered by her Venom Blast. There is so much potential with Jessica's vemon blast that could be utilized by Parker's Spider-inventions...

She would be superior to Peter. Although I would love to see Parker develop a few Spider-Equipment for Jessica that would be powered by her Venom Blast. There is so much potential with Jessica's vemon blast that could be utilized by Parker's Spider-inventions...
    Yes! I thought if she ever got a web shooter it would be as a conduit for her blasts. Not at all to swing from.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Guy Balsam should come back as her bff.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Nothing to see here anymore.

I'm tired.

If you want to see jess show up alongside Peter outside of Spider-Events then write Marvel. spideyoffice@marvel.com. Believe it or not, they actually read their emails.
    Last edited by Seren; 07-27-2020 at 11:07 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

Jessica is part of the Spider-Office. Second, Jessica and Peter are friends. Friends help each other out. There is nothing wrong with Jessica appearing in the books I mentioned because they are part of the Spider-Office. She is already proven that Spider-Man is not needed. But Jessica and Peter have so much in common that needs to be explored. Her friendship with Parker would be on par with Carol Danvers, whose also friends with him as well. What I want to see is a team-up adventure that comprised of the following:

1. Jessica Drew, Carol Danvers, and Peter Parker
    2. Jessica Drew, Natasha Romanov, and Peter Parker
    3. Jessica Drew, Daredevil, and The Black Cat
    And Peter needs to start introducing his sister around...maybe just the people who know who he is first.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Nothing to see here anymore.

I'm tired.

If you want to see jess show up alongside Peter outside of Spider-Events then write Marvel. spideyoffice@marvel.com. Believe it or not, they actually read their emails.
    Hi Seren,

I will write to the Spider-Office. I value your opinion regarding Jessica's book should be about her and her adventures. I am sorry for any offense I've caused. From now on, I will no longer bring up Spider-Man/Peter Parker anymore on this forum. This forum is about Jessica Drew. Not Peter Parker.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-27-2020 at 08:39 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Keep Jess away from Peter for awhile. There’s a glut of street level characters. If you’re going to push team ups, let’s see Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. Make Jess a Defender, if anything, and have her team up with more female street level characters. Use some established, credible threats from other characters rogue galleries (Like Mr. Fear), would be an excellent villain to add to her own. Jess & Carol’s relationship is probably the best written friendship in comics currently.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 07-27-2020 at 11:36 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Keep Jess away from Peter for awhile. There’s a glut of street level characters. If you’re going to push team ups, let’s see Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. Make Jess a Defender, if anything, and have her team up with more female street level characters. Use some established, credible threats from other characters rogue galleries (Like Mr. Fear), would be an excellent villain to add to her own. Jess & Carol’s relationship is probably the best written friendship in comics currently.
    The cancellation of the Defenders comics was disappointing to me. It would have been a great opportunity to have Matt, Luke, Jess and Danny interacting with all the NYC street level characters.

Hi Seren,

I will write to the Spider-Office. I value your opinion regarding Jessica's book should be about her and her adventures. I am sorry for any offense I've caused. From now on, I will no longer bring up Spider-Man/Peter Parker anymore on this forum. This forum is about Jessica Drew. Not Peter Parker.
    No offense, just frustration. We all know how you feel about Jess and Peter, but the only way it's going to happen is if you write Marvel. And you partially get your wish since Jess is showing up in Sins Rising. ANyway, this is a Jessica Drew thread and the Final Order Cutoff for issue #3 was last night. Tell your LCS you want it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    The cancellation of the Defenders comics was disappointing to me. It would have been a great opportunity to have Matt, Luke, Jess and Danny interacting with all the NYC street level characters.
    Yes. Maybe keep it with a core of 3-4, then have other characters in and out, as the story dictates.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

I want to see Angarr the Screamer rebooted by Karla and Pere
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Extraordinary Member

What do do with Roger...I know there is a crowd of "get rid of him" but I really think that writers should respect what has come before.

Sure he is there to take care or Gerry...but what more? Is he just going to be the manny??

And how is he surviving? Living off of Jess?

How about finding him a job...or starting his own business? Maybe he buys the coffee shop down the street because the owner wants to retire??