View Poll Results: Seinfeld Vs Friends

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seinfeld

50 81.97%
  • Friends

11 18.03%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Seinfeld could be funny. Friends was just some "hot people" trying to be funny.

Fantastic Member

Seinfeld all year long

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Seinfeld all day, every day.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Incredible Member

I'm indifferent to both of them really, but if I had to choose, Seinfeld.

Curb Your Enthusiasm kicks them both, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Curb Your Enthusiasm kicks them both, though.
    i agree and ill add Arrested Development veep the office and Workaholics.

The Drew Carey Show was better then all of them combined to be honest....

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    The Drew Carey Show was better then all of them combined to be honest....
    The Drew Carey Show was just like watching a sit-com, with all the standard sit-com tropes. Seinfeld never felt like a sit-com.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The Drew Carey Show was just like watching a sit-com, with all the standard sit-com tropes. Seinfeld never felt like a sit-com.
    Except that in someways Drew Carey was more Relate-able to me , a person of the Mid-West then watching stuck up New Yawkers settign around in cafe's and coffee shops with their NEW YAWKER Problems.

So I liked Drew Carey More.

Friend was a show I went from enjoying to actively avoiding. It just got a bit too cliquey - which I know is pretty much the point of the show! - but after a few years, it just felt a bit self-involved. To be honest, I think the specific straw for the camel was the Emily thing cos I'd had a crush on Helen Baxendale. So the very idea that Ross could be engaged to her still have feelings for Rachel literally offended me And on the whole, even without that, the whole Ross and Rachel thing just started to get right on my... nerves.

Seinfeld, on the other hand, is a show I just never got into in the first place. I've seen a few episodes here and there but I guess because I never committed to watching it on an ongoing basis, the very nature of the show 'not being about anything' never drew me in just from watching stand-alone episodes. Having said that, if an episode pops up on TV when I'm channel hopping, I might sit down and watch it. Whereas if I flicked over the channels and came upon an episode of Friends, I'd just keep on clicking that remote.

So of the two, and despite it being the show I watched significantly less, I'd say Seinfeld.

But really it's Frasier. By a country mile.
    Last edited by Vworp Vworp; 08-13-2017 at 01:16 PM.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Seinfeld failed the comedy part of sitcom.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

BANNED

This seems like a really interesting matchup; because Seinfeld is one of the greatest shows of all-time, and Friends isn't even one of the best comedic shows of the '90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    This seems like a really interesting matchup; because Seinfeld is one of the greatest shows of all-time, and Friends isn't even one of the best comedic shows of the '90s.
    There are those that would disagree with you

Both funny and both had annoying characters, Ross/Rachel romance on Friends, and almost everybody on Seinfeld. But Friends had more heart and Phoebe > all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Frasier...
    I remember the Friends and Fraiser series finales came out roughly the same time. They both had the same plots and even the same beats (even a baby delivery!). But Frasier's was by far the funnier and better story overall, with a well-earned sendoff thanks to a build up years in the making.

It's a shame that Friends' finale overshadowed Frasier's simply because Friends was the more popular sitcom. It's almost as if Friends found Frasier's script and tried to shoehorn their cast to replace the Seattle crew.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    i dont get Friends its just not funny or good to me....
    That's exactly how I feel about Seinfield.