View Poll Results: Can Jean & Emma Be Friends?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 43.38%
  • No

77 56.62%
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Id have rather Jean back than any of that crap happening
    it went downhill. They could very well bring Jean back and then turn on a new direction that wasn't decimation

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Whedon's AXM made it impossible, it would affect the story too much. Afterwards, it was M-Day (Phoenix powered Jean could have solved it), and then after it ended, Bendis wanted the 05 back with the drama after Jean dead. After that ended, there was the Terrigen mess- more precisely, the fact Scott was being portrayed as "the new Hitler" and Jean returning would obviously question that and the writers would be forced to be drawn into specifics on what they have done what was so bad (they kept Emma out of the books for the same reason).
    I don't think that the O5 coming to the present was part of Bendis' original idea. It's well on record that they were only brought forward because Bendis wanted to write his favorite character in the X-Men, and that was Jean Grey, and was basically told at the time that he wouldn't be allowed to bring the adult Jean back with all of the Phoenix baggage. So they allowed him to bring in this blank slate version of the character that was teen Jean and he used it to also fill that whole student team niche that hadn't exactly been successful since the days of the New X-Men in their own solo, which had ended all the way back in 2007 or 2008.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I don't think that the O5 coming to the present was part of Bendis' original idea. It's well on record that they were only brought forward because Bendis wanted to write his favorite character in the X-Men, and that was Jean Grey, and was basically told at the time that he wouldn't be allowed to bring the adult Jean back with all of the Phoenix baggage. So they allowed him to bring in this blank slate version of the character that was teen Jean and he used it to also fill that whole student team niche that hadn't exactly been successful since the days of the New X-Men in their own solo, which had ended all the way back in 2007 or 2008.
    From what I heard, the teen O5 were a idea floating the x-office before Bendis took over;

Bendis barely ever wrote adult Jean, a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    From what I heard, the teen O5 were a idea floating the x-office before Bendis took over;

Bendis barely ever wrote adult Jean, a shame.
    The O5 was all Bendis idea

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Not sure. what arpsikord said goes very well with I'm told

No, I read that too (idea floating around) sometime when it just got announced. I think Bendis revealed it in some interview, but I did not keep a link.

Edit: Found it via google/wiki.

https://www.webcitation.org/6CzLRdsr..._all-new_x-men
    Last edited by myownlittleusername; 07-15-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yes, it was his pitch to get the X-books. This idea that "he can't get Jean" really smells like conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    No, I read that too (idea floating around) sometime when it just got announced. I think Bendis revealed it in some interview, but I did not keep a link.

Edit: Found it via google/wiki.

https://www.webcitation.org/6CzLRdsr..._all-new_x-men
    Nice find. It was a idea that x-office have been talking long before bendis took over.

Yes, it was his pitch to get the X-books. This idea that "he can't get Jean" really smells like conspiracy theory.
    It isn't. Seems very plausible

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It's not. Going in, Jean was the character that he wanted, so he came up with the O5 pitch. I mean think about it - if you were going into a franchise wouldn't you at least try to write your favorite character?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Nowhere in that interview it says he couldn't use Adult Jean, though, or that he HAD to use the 05, it was just an idea floating on around that time that he decided to take.

Nowhere in that interview it says he couldn't use Adult Jean, though, or that he HAD to use the 05, it was just an idea floating on around that time that he decided to take.
    And do you think he would use the teen instead of the adult version if he could?

Alonso was pretty much a Quesada disciple, Jean return coincides into Alonso leaving and cebulski taking over the EIC role.

And do you think he would use the teen instead of the adult version if he could?
    Sure, the point of the 05 was them seeing all the things that happened to them after all that time. If Jean was alive, the impact of her coming back as a teen would be virtually non-existent for the other characters and for teen Jean herself.

Mighty Member

Alonso was pretty much a Quesada disciple, Jean return coincides into Alonso leaving and cebulski taking over the EIC role.
    It was Alonso and Mark Paniccia's idea to bring Jean back. They asked Matt Rosenberg how he'd do it, and his pitch is what got him the gig writing Phoenix Resurrection.

I think Alonso was willing to bring her back because they'd killed off Scott. They could resurrect Jean without having to deal with whether to put her and Scott back together. Quesada-era and Alonso-era Marvel editorial HATED their relationship. We'll get an idea of how Cebulski-era editorial feels about it this Wednesday.

BANNED

I don't think Jean and Emma can be friends. I think that Ship has sailed a LONG time ago.

Honestly, I don't think anyone can truly be Emma's friend without having doubts of her stabbing them in the back.

I mean lets count. How many members of the X-Men can we say are ACTUALLY friends with Emma Frost???

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I mean lets count. How many members of the X-Men can we say are ACTUALLY friends with Emma Frost???
    Iceman, Beast, Wolverine, *Cyclops*, Jubilee, Banshee, Professor X.
    I would assume Nightcrawler could. Gambit, Archangel, Psylocke would be amused.

Storm, Kitty, Bishop, would find her distasteful, but is a professional.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 07-15-2019 at 11:58 AM.