Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel Cancels Upcoming Milo Manara Variants

Milo Manara's variant covers for upcoming issues of "Thor" and "Avengers and X-Men: AXIS" have been cancelled, with new artists to fill in.

Full article here.

As a side question, I'm just curious, why did Marvel replace Manara rather than just remove him? Does that make sense? It's a serious question-- I wanted to see if anyone more comic-savvy than I knows why they didn't just say "one less variant" versus "replacement variant." Is it because some shops have already placed orders?

And do variants even sell that well to begin with?

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

This sounds terribly lame, the controversy for Spider-Woman´s variant cover was not for so much.

Spectacular Member

*facepalm* can't believe people whined about this VARIANT cover and the guy's artistic style.

So he won't be getting Marvel checks because of online complaints from people that were probably never even going to buy the variant *Sighs*
    We need better comics

can't believe marvel fired this master of art??

That's ridiculus. People who don't like something managed to prevent other people from enjoying it.

Worry not everyone. Land is still around!

I don't hold this against Axel since he has to maintain company policy until the higher ups decided what to do.

another disney victim

So instead of just being a little bit better at keeping their cover art in check, they'd rather just stop the guys work altogether?

Yeah, I feel like this is ploy to make people feel guilty, or get people to blame those who criticized the work. Redirecting blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    So instead of just being a little bit better at keeping their cover art in check, they'd rather just stop the guys work altogether?

Yeah, I feel like this is ploy to make people feel guilty, or get people to blame those who criticized the work. Redirecting blame.
    Of course. By cancelling it, they can sweep it under the rug. And yes, this is a big redirection.

Amazing Member

"A truck driver doesn’t hang a Rauschenberg or Jasper Johns painting in his cab; he puts up a nice pin-up. To my pin-ups I owe the fact that I can still entertain and be close to people: soldiers, truck drives, prisoners…" Milo Manara

http://www.milomanara.it

BANNED

Check out these offending variants. We wont get to buy. As I said before it had less to do with the Marvel variant and more to with his adult artwork. had he not had that history there would have been less controversy.

Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 09-23-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Dang it! I really wanted this variant cover because I was sure it was going to be worth tons of money... now I won't get it at all. Curses!

Astonishing Member

How is it a redirection. People criticized Marvel's product so they made adjustments and people are still angry.
    Last edited by Global Honored; 09-23-2014 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Edited
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory