Page 427 of 808 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437477527 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 12112
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    Here's an interview were Dafne actually says some stuff. I swear if Fox does something fucking stupid like try to recast her, I will boycott the shit out of their movies!

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/l...-western-motif
    I wonder if that car scene is the one where after several takes of Logan screaming at her to "Shut the @#$% up!" he goes up to her mother to apologize, and she brushes it off by telling him that Daf just called him a c--t in Spanish. Seems to be the best place for it to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I wonder if that car scene is the one where after several takes of Logan screaming at her to "Shut the @#$% up!" he goes up to her mother to apologize, and she brushes it off by telling him that Daf just called him a c--t in Spanish. Seems to be the best place for it to fit.
    Of course. Has to be. The rest of the movie they don't scream at each other ilike there.

Loved that interview. Would love it more if it were a 1:1 and not a telling from someone about it, tho. Still hoping to see a interview in video format. But they are doing a good job described what she does. XD

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kubus-Sc7 View Post
    Very nice idea! I had similar thoughts about it. But it would be a too common thing to have Donald survive. This happens a lot in movies and if they learned something from Mangold's Logan, they should find new ways other movies are not doing. Why not introduce Kimura directly? Not as a 100% copy from the comics, but somthing similar. Her trainer. We dont really see how the kid's training was except one scene. For each kid there could have been a different trainer and Kimura would have been Lauras. They could adapt her sensei with Kimura, so she has a sword based fighting style like samurais. That would work with hiw Laura was trained and give her an edge over Laura. Instead of making her indestructible.

For me Laura will stay Laura Howlet. The comics went that way. The movie went that way. I go that way.
    That would be cool, but I'd keep Kimura indestructible to keep the movie unpredictable. Having an essentially unkillable antagonist means that they have got to get creative. Especially if that villain is also a master martial artist.

Also, I'd start it hopeful, but end it tragic (the opposite of Logan). With Laura realizing that, despite Logan's best efforts, she's destined to share his fate, and leaves the Kinneys' lives for they're own safety. I'd opt for the movie being called "Laura" or something that references a repeating cycle.

Eventually tho, I want her to get picked up by Cable, so he can bring her to the past/present, not only to eventually join X-Force, but to also meet her father back when he was a teacher, and still believed in a better future. Her role in X-Force could be her just embracing her life of constant slaughter, and losing herself to it. That is until Logan (now recasted) finds her, and tries to be the parental figure she never had. Having this Logan try, and succeed, in bring back her humanity would be a great full circle story. She clearly idolized the X-Men, and being taught by THE X-MAN (in the movies, anyways), would be the spark that helps her truly learn to carry the of the Wolverine legacy.

Also, I'd love for to SOMEHOW get her hands on Logan's dog tags, and have that be the movie replacement for her choker from the comics. Maybe Kimura finds it, and uses it to taunt Laura, with her eventually taking it from the b!tch. It only makes sense that she have something left of the man that saved her.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 03-07-2017 at 02:36 AM.

BANNED

Yeah bringing her back to the past seems the best. I mean Rictor as your top supporting X-men Character aint that great. I guess they could have some big names at Eden.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Yeah bringing her back to the past seems the best. I mean Rictor as your top supporting X-men Character aint that great. I guess they could have some big names at Eden.
    I don't think there could be any big names that matter in the grand scheme of things in the Logan timeline. She's gotta be sent back the past to keep her story evolving, and Logan is her only shot at having a family that she can rely on, IMO.

We just gotta hope that Deadpool 2 makes Cable's time jumping nor stupid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    That would be cool, but I'd keep Kimura indestructible to keep the movie unpredictable. Having an essentially unkillable antagonist means that they have got to get creative. Especially if that villain is also a master martial artist.

Also, I'd start it hopeful, but end it tragic (the opposite of Logan). With Laura realizing that, despite Logan's best efforts, she's destined to share his fate, and leaves the Kinneys' lives for they're own safety. I'd opt for the movie being called "Laura" or something that references a repeating cycle.

Eventually tho, I want her to get picked up by Cable, so he can bring her to the past/present, not only to eventually join X-Force, but to also meet her father back when he was a teacher, and still believed in a better future. Her role in X-Force could be her just embracing her life of constant slaughter, and losing herself to it. That is until Logan (now recasted) finds her, and tries to be the parental figure she never had. Having this Logan try, and succeed, in bring back her humanity would be a great full circle story. She clearly idolized the X-Men, and being taught by THE X-MAN (in the movies, anyways), would be the spark that helps her truly learn to carry the of the Wolverine legacy.

Also, I'd love for to SOMEHOW get her hands on Logan's dog tags, and have that be the movie replacement for her choker from the comics. Maybe Kimura finds it, and uses it to taunt Laura, with her eventually taking it from the b!tch. It only makes sense that she have something left of the man that saved her.
    I was kind of hoping Logan would end with Laura hanging his dog tags around her neck.

And man, I miss seeing her locket.

But...I liked that choker... O///O...>.>
    Have a friend who wears choker all the time, she reminds me of Laura, visually only of course. She wouldn't harm a mosquito. XD

You convinced me, that indestructebility would be a good way to keep the plot going. But I don't want a superhero movie. I want a movie that feels as real as Logan. I hope Mangold stays in this franchise, given how excited he and Dafne are about possible sequels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kubus-Sc7 View Post
    But...I liked that choker... O///O...>.>
    Have a friend who wears choker all the time, she reminds me of Laura, visually only of course. She wouldn't harm a mosquito. XD

You convinced me, that indestructebility would be a good way to keep the plot going. But I don't want a superhero movie. I want a movie that feels as real as Logan. I hope Mangold stays in this franchise, given how excited he and Dafne are about possible sequels.
    I loved the "realness" and agree that they should keep it more grounded, but I hope they don't stick with the pseudo-Western, as that's never really been Laura's genre. I'd like for them to find her own tone and style. While it should be dark, there should also be some fish-out-of-water comedy a'la the school scenes in Target X. But however they approach it, there should definitely be a sense of hope, as that's long been a pervasive theme in her stories.

I loved the "realness" and agree that they should keep it more grounded, but I hope they don't stick with the pseudo-Western, as that's never really been Laura's genre. I'd like for them to find her own tone and style. While it should be dark, there should also be some fish-out-of-water comedy a'la the school scenes in Target X. But however they approach it, there should definitely be a sense of hope, as that's long been a pervasive theme in her stories.
    Agreed, that's why I think keeping Kimura indestructible, while still being realistic, and R rated, could result it some amazing fight sequences.

In regards to hope, yeah, it should be there in the beginning, but with Transigen, and their resources, there's really not much to look forward to. I think a sad ending would be necessary, and realistic, at that time, because she's now starting to understand what made Logan so bitter, and distant.

Then later movies could explore her escaping that mindset.

I don't think there could be any big names that matter in the grand scheme of things in the Logan timeline. She's gotta be sent back the past to keep her story evolving, and Logan is her only shot at having a family that she can rely on, IMO.

We just gotta hope that Deadpool 2 makes Cable's time jumping nor stupid.
    Not necessarily. You'd still have the rogues like Deadpool and Gambit that surely wouldn't have been at the mansion. I would think that what the Westchester incident did was kill the die hard do gooder types that lived and breathed X-men. The more morally grey characters probably were never at the mansion and most likely in the aftermath of the X-men being killed wouldn't really have a desire to rally mutants.

Of course, I think having them all in a the same timeline makes sense but you could easily keep this darker future and right a story about mutants regrouping at Eden and then finally some group of them decides to stop hiding and re-form an X-men team. In fact, this future would be a pretty good setting for an X-force team as darker times call for darker heroes.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

image.jpg

Saw this on the comic book 4chan forum so I thought I would post it here it's actually cute.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Not necessarily. You'd still have the rogues like Deadpool and Gambit that surely wouldn't have been at the mansion. I would think that what the Westchester incident did was kill the die hard do gooder types that lived and breathed X-men. The more morally grey characters probably were never at the mansion and most likely in the aftermath of the X-men being killed wouldn't really have a desire to rally mutants.

Of course, I think having them all in a the same timeline makes sense but you could easily keep this darker future and right a story about mutants regrouping at Eden and then finally some group of them decides to stop hiding and re-form an X-men team. In fact, this future would be a pretty good setting for an X-force team as darker times call for darker heroes.
    Even then, nothing said Xavier killed ALL the X-Men. We hear "several," but that's the extent of the fatalities we hear about. We don't know what happened to the rest of the X-Men, or even the rest of the mutants. The modified corn syrup was preventing new mutations, but they never said anything about it depowering already-existing mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    image.jpg

Saw this on the comic book 4chan forum so I thought I would post it here it's actually cute.
    Cute. I liked the little bit where Laura was fascinated by horses; the unicorn on the shirt she picked out, the Munson family's animals, and it looks like she swiped a toy horse from the convenience store after they escaped Pierce the first time, too. It's such a subtle detail, but it does SO much to flesh out her personality.

Even then, nothing said Xavier killed ALL the X-Men. We hear "several," but that's the extent of the fatalities we hear about. We don't know what happened to the rest of the X-Men, or even the rest of the mutants. The modified corn syrup was preventing new mutations, but they never said anything about it depowering already-existing mutants.

Cute. I liked the little bit where Laura was fascinated by horses; the unicorn on the shirt she picked out, the Munson family's animals, and it looks like she swiped a toy horse from the convenience store after they escaped Pierce the first time, too. It's such a subtle detail, but it does SO much to flesh out her personality.
    Well, from what i understood, the Professor killed 7 seven X-men and injured 600 people a year before the events of movie; but it was also shown that Caliban did worked with the Reavers to hunt down mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, from what i understood, the Professor killed 7 seven X-men and injured 600 people a year before the events of movie; but it was also shown that Caliban did worked with the Reavers to hunt down mutants.
    I don't think they ever said Caliban worked with the Reavers before the setting of the film.

Lol, I can picture her meeting Deadpool and going to pick up his stuffed unicorn. A horrified Wade runs to snatch it from her. "Don't touch that!" Cue them growling at each other. Lol