Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Would you support a Circe-powered Cheetah?

Think about it, Circe is famous of her changing people into animals, and she is the daughter of Helios, Titan Sun God (son of Titan Hyperion and Theia) and Perse an Oceanid (daughter of the Titans Oceanus and Thethys). They have enough resources to "amp"her power enough I think by allowing her access to the Golden Fleece (after all, Circe and her are cousins, I believe).

The two of them will together will be a great challenge to WW; Cheetah on a physical martial level, and Circe on a magical level (if Diana indeed has god-like powers, we'll see).

I think Circe giving her power is far better than the Marijuana plant god.

lol

TT

I've been a bit more open to diversifying Diana's rogues so probably not

Would I support a Circe-powered Cheatah* in the main Wonderverse?

As much as I would support a Brainiac-supplied Luthor in the main Superverse, or a TwoFace-financed Joker in the main Batverse.

Meaning, good for an elseworlds or alternate Earth, but not the primary version beyond a one-time story arc.

The best Villains, like the best Heroes, work best as their own independent constructs.

Personally, I'd like the Cheatah' s* power to be from a source older than Gaia herself (maybe Xaos?) and would allow the Cheatah to render even The Lasso useless when used against her.

* - the misspelling is deliberate
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 06-30-2017 at 03:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I've been a bit more open to diversifying Diana's rogues so probably not

Same here. I want the Cheetah powered by an actual god just like Diana is. I think Artemis(the god of the hunt) would be perfect.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

No but in many myths Circe was a real goddess and her mother was Hecate.

No.

Both Circe and Cheetah are far too important to the WW mythos to be tied together. If Circe empowers Cheetah, that puts all the power in Circe's court and makes Cheetah essentially an underling. One might argue the same for Urzkartaga, which is probably why Rucka got rid of the character and allowed Cheetah to serve no one but herself.

I don't know, I feel due to the whole cheetah thing couldn't Cheetah have more Egyptian ties? It would be cool to see her make a god bound to her. I hope we get Cheetah for the sequel

The idea of a Circe/Cheetah connection seems so . . . unnecessary.

BANNED

For a movie, no problem.

In comics, eh, no. But they do need something other than the salad god as the source.

I wouldn't support it. It waters down both characters.

Ultimate Member

Absolutely not. Let them be their own villains, with their own powers, that come from their own sources. Not every villain needs to have a forced "connection" to each other. Also I don't want every WW villain to be tied into Greek mythology either.

Actually AmiMizuno's idea (of Cheetah getting her powers from Egyptian myth) sounds far more appealing/interesting imo.

And it just reduces Cheetah, when they should be building her up.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Absolutely not. Let them be their own villains, with their own powers, that come from their own sources. Not every villain needs to have a forced "connection" to each other. Also I don't want every WW villain to be tied into Greek mythology either.

Actually AmiMizuno's idea (of Cheetah getting her powers from Egyptian myth) sounds far more appealing/interesting imo.

And it just reduces Cheetah, when they should be building her up.
    I agree--No to the two being tied together.

And NO also to all the villains being tied to Greeks/Amazons/Paradise Island.

I also don't like the idea of Cheetah having Eqyptian gods. How about another Pantheon, the African gods to empower the Cheetah? Cheetahs live in Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa, so the African god connection makes more sense. This would be new and unique for the DC villainess.

Ultimate Member

Whichever. Basically pick a god/mythology that isn't connected to the Greeks.

Also in regards to the film: spoilers:
    We had Dr. Poison and Gen. Ludendorff working together, with Ares indirectly influencing them. So that's THREE villains tied together. For the sequel, I'd like to see the villain (be it Cheetah or Circe or whomever) be their own villain with their own agenda independent of another one.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I agree--No to the two being tied together.

And NO also to all the villains being tied to Greeks/Amazons/Paradise Island.

I also don't like the idea of Cheetah having Eqyptian gods. How about another Pantheon, the African gods to empower the Cheetah? Cheetahs live in Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa, so the African god connection makes more sense. This would be new and unique for the DC villainess.
    I agree with Phoenixx that tying all of Wonder Woman's major super-villains to the Greek gods seems completely unnecessary ..and would likely drive me away from this comic, forever. If you want a major super-villainess, connected to a Greek god, you have Duke of Deception and SILVER SWAN, who is the mystically empowered emissary of Ares. Hope the writers leave Cheetah and Circe, as is!

Why does Cheetah, a superhuman psychopath, need to be connected to Circe, an immortal Greek sorceress? How would that be 'nice'? There's something I am not understanding, here.

On a sidebar (and please keep this on a sidebar) I think this raises the very valid suggestion that Wonder Woman needs TWO comics. One, being Wonder Woman, would follow her adventures in Man's World and beyond (lost civilizations, subatomic universes, Mars, etc.) - featuring her supporting cast and major rogues (Ares, Cale, Cheetah, Doctor Cyber, Col. Poison, Rucka Circe, Giganta, etc). The second comic, Sensational Adventures of Wonder Woman, would revolve around Paradise Island, with Diana and her Amazon sisters battling supernatural, mystical and almost exclusively Greek myth-inspired threats - also team-ups with other magically empowered DC superheroes. Sensational Adventures, a heroic or dark fantasy, would give fans their myth-fix, every month, and, after the successful feature film, might prove to be somewhat commercially successful - maybe, more than the Wonder Woman title!

A second comic, almost entirely featuring Greek myth-inspired stories, offers an alternative to tying ALL of Wonder Woman's major super-villains, like Cheetah, Psycho and Giganta, to the Greek gods, which so many of us (myself, included) would find...problematic?

As for the OP's original query...no, my friend, ..I could not support a Circe-powered Cheetah or a Circe-powered anything else. Some of us see Circe, as the Wonderverse's answer to Darkseid, who is literally a meta-god, empowered by a planet of worshippers, creating super-villains out of nothing and raising others from the dead; I don't share that view.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-30-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Ultimate Member

I mean the Duke of Deception is a servant of Ares traditionally isn't he? So there's your Greek myth connection right there.