Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    uh I got some bad news for you, he's in like one panel in the first issue just letting us know that Billy Batson is there attending the school and is put on the new kids class instead of the upperclassmen field team. No idea how that may change as the run goes on but for now Billy did not get to do much.
    I swear, how are they going to do Billy like this? He got a movie, what more does he need to do, to get more time in the limelight?

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    I swear, how are they going to do Billy like this? He got a movie, what more does he need to do, to get more time in the limelight?
    He is not one of their precious silver age, core seven justice league characters so I wouldn’t expect much.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    He is not one of their precious silver age, core seven justice league characters so I wouldn’t expect much.
    Here's hoping that Black Adam gets a better chance at the limelight. I'm because it's The Rock playing him, there will be that much more urgency to include him in the DC landscape.

I mean here is the thing Sheridan has made it known that he some plans for Shazam, probably to do what’s going on with his powers, and people including myself seem to think we will at least get a Shazam mini with art by Clayton Henry exploring the whole rock of eternity fallout from future state.

The problem with the first issue is that Billy is a well known and established dc character in a book where they are trying to establish how we feel about a bunch of brand new characters, so unfortunately Billy gets a little sidelined in the first issue. We have to wait and see what happens as we go on how much focus Billy will actually get in this pretty sizeable team book.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Then where's Hal Jordan been in Infinite Frontier and why Aquaman doesn't have his own book.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Here's hoping that Black Adam gets a better chance at the limelight. I'm because it's The Rock playing him, there will be that much more urgency to include him in the DC landscape.
    Umm . . . does being in the current Justice League comic book series count?

Why does every time Shazam appears in another book where isn't the titular character, the Shazam family is basically non-existent?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Umm . . . does being in the current Justice League comic book series count?
    Kinda, there is the very real possibility that he'll do a Shazam, turn into a Superman understudy who is constantly in awe of just how amazing Superman is despite the fact that they could be just as amazing if they got any development as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    Why does every time Shazam appears in another book where isn't the titular character, the Shazam family is basically non-existent?
    Probably because most of the teams Shazam joins already have big line-ups and sometimes attempting to squeeze in two (now five) extra characters to an already hefty lineup like the JSA or the Titans Academy is not really going to work out.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

By Gene Colan:

Is that Dracula? Cool

I’d be down for Shazam fighting more horror based enemies, maybe he teams up with Frankenstein who is a dc character.
    Words to live by.

Is that Dracula? Cool

I’d be down for Shazam fighting more horror based enemies, maybe he teams up with Frankenstein who is a dc character.
    It's not so much that "Frankenstein is a DC character" but more that "DC has a version of the Frankenstein character". Other comic book companies have also used Frankenstein, or at least their own version of Frankenstein.

Probably because most of the teams Shazam joins already have big line-ups and sometimes attempting to squeeze in two (now five) extra characters to an already hefty lineup like the JSA or the Titans Academy is not really going to work out.
    Also, if Billy's powers are failing, the other five are probably currently unable to access their Shazam forms at all. That would explain why Mary and the others aren't at the Academy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I like how it starts:
    Lucy Liu is officially a god.
    Oh, she totally is!
    the extra skater
    Download Ferda Boys #1, a 36-page hockey webcomic.