Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Even if they did buy fox, how would the X-men be folded into the MCU anyway? I would imagine after infinity war there would be some kind of cosmic retcon, "the mutants were always here, the X-men are a super secret covert ops team that were invented by the Canadians...please don't think about it too much and just enjoy the films, look, bloopers, references, classic rock soundtracks!"
    The X-Men don't work in the MCU because there is no way to incorporate their overarching story where the MCU heroes don't look either ineffective in combating or complicit in prejudice.

The closest thing we have is The Hulk, and the only reason he gets a pass is because he palls around with the Avengers. If you bring in the X-Men you basically are just redoing Civil War but on a much larger scale and with clear lines about who the villains are.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I don't think Marvel is even interested in the FF anymore. The big win of getting the Fantastic Four franchise from Fox would be getting to use Doctor Doom and Galactus, who you know they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don't think Marvel is even interested in the FF anymore. The big win of getting the Fantastic Four franchise from Fox would be getting to use Doctor Doom and Galactus, who you know they want.
    I'd want to get Super Skull and Silver Surfer.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Even if they did buy fox, how would the X-men be folded into the MCU anyway? I would imagine after infinity war there would be some kind of cosmic retcon, "the mutants were always here, the X-men are a super secret covert ops team that were invented by the Canadians...please don't think about it too much and just enjoy the films, look, bloopers, references, classic rock soundtracks!"
    Or more simply, after Infinity War there is not a retcon, but Mutation starts to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    The X-Men don't work in the MCU because there is no way to incorporate their overarching story where the MCU heroes don't look either ineffective in combating or complicit in prejudice.

The closest thing we have is The Hulk, and the only reason he gets a pass is because he palls around with the Avengers. If you bring in the X-Men you basically are just redoing Civil War but on a much larger scale and with clear lines about who the villains are.
    Well there is the Inhuman story line from Agents of SHIELD that does borrow some X-Men elements.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The cast of the Deadly Class pilot.

Benedict Wong is gonna be the mentor.
    I'm not reading this comic, but good for Remender.

"now with even MORE witty banter and dancing. Mutants, dancing, you'll love it!"
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

I don't think you need a retcon or even an explanation...just start doing doing movies. The general audience won't care about continuity. Heck, the continuity between the X-Men films themselves don't make sense.

I think the best idea would be to have the X-Men in a separate universe that is occasionally accessed for crossovers. Like how the CW does things with Supergirl and the other Arrowverse shows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well there is the Inhuman story line from Agents of SHIELD that does borrow some X-Men elements.
    Which is not acknowledged as proper MCU canon by the movies.

New FBI crime statistics are out

Despite just consisting of 2& of the US population, Jews were the victims of 54% of religiously motivated hate crimes and were the most targeted group in the US

https://twitter.com/Yair_Rosenberg/s...83318015709184

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly I'd do a Spider-Man type stance ...they existed and were part of things. Its just they never were viewed as heroes per say. Also you don't have to incorporate everything from the X-Men films. You just grab and use --

Hugh Jackman
    Michael Fassbender (or Ian McKellon)
    Patrick Stewart

Then bring in a few young X-Men. But ya gotta have Jackman and he'd likely come outta retirement if he was told , yeah your gonna be in Infinity War pt.2 in a small way. Were gonna build plans to X-Men vs Avengers.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Hugh Jackman
    Michael Fassbender (or Ian McKellon)
    Patrick Stewart
    I think of those four that only Fassbender is even going to consider it.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I think of those four that only Fassbender is even going to consider it.
    Jackman would come back if its him in the Avengers or facing the Hulk.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Jackman would come back if its him in the Avengers or facing the Hulk.
    I really doubt it. Unless maybe if Mangold is writing and directing it.