Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm enjoying it. Batgirl has burned me out on a lot of tech/mind hack story lines, so as someone who is burned out on those types of stories, I commend Percy for keeping me interested.

And he's actually making the Dickbabs dynamic working for me again. I hope he commits, because I'm a bit over the ship teases from the last year, but if he is the one steering the direction for them I have no complaints. Babs' cameo about retrieving the Pomeranian was amusing too.

Art is really good. I dig the vibe of it.

I enjoyed his GA so I hope he stays around for a while in the batbooks.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Grayson's return and Summer of Lies were not pushes. Barbara was dating Luke right before Dick returned and they him kiss Starfire in the same month. Summer of Lies is a flashback to past relationship. The cover teased a kiss but there's a psychedelic background that a lot of people already guess it's going to be a dream or illusion. The closest one is Seeley's Nightwing before he swerved to make it Shawn instead.
    Hmm. You're right that Grayon's return wasn't really a push (also, it was terrible). Summer of Lies, at least the solicits, indicated present romance as well as past. Agree about Seeley's Nightwing, which I think spilled over into both Batgirl titles as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    And he's actually making the Dickbabs dynamic working for me again. I hope he commits, because I'm a bit over the ship teases from the last year, but if he is the one steering the direction for them I have no complaints. Babs' cameo about retrieving the Pomeranian was amusing too.
    I hope he commits as well, though I'm betting that editorial also has its say.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Just read 44 and 45. I'm liking it. Good jumping on point for me, glad I did. I was a little worried after the first issue, but I think Nightwing might be ok with Percy. Going to stick around for the rest of this arc, and hopefully longer since this is the only Bat-book I've jumped on.

BANNED

I haven't been blown away but I much prefer how Percy handles tech compared to other writers even if I feel that he needs to tone down the commentary around it. There's no stupid hacking, no stupid technobabble, no stupid robot, no stupid A.I, no stupid mech suit or fancy gizmo. Its a matrix style plot along with Blade Runner esque visuals, he has managed to blend tech with horror and gritty noir rather reasonably well.

Still its the story with Pyg and Flamingo I'm really looking forward to.

If Percy makes DickBabs an actual thing that’s commendable, but the rest of this is just eh.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)