Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Oh my gosh they need to bring morganna Le fey back, she’s so amazing. Remember when Jessica Walter played her in that dodgy 70s doctor strange movie
    having watched Arrested Development, I'm not sure that she ever stopped playing her. Morgan should definitely have something to say about Doom knocking up some scientist. but she's stuck in the cretaceous (sp?) period or something.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-15-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    good picks. very street level, though.
    Yeah thats due to my reading habits, I've been trying to expand lately though
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member

Morgana le Fey (who once turned the Avengers into the enforcers of her magically transformed world, stealing a page from Kulan Gath), Hela (who was heavily involved in Simonson's classic run, cursing Thor with brittle bones) and Selene (who shook up the Hellfire Club, and later went on to Necrosha) definitely seem to up the notch with their world-threatening events. (Although Cassandra Nova is right up there, for a newcomer.)

I want Moonstone to step up and stop being a scheming untrustworthy lackey to powerful men, but that seems unlikely. Enchantress is also due a moment in the sun.

Emma Frost and Mystique and Deathbird and Elektra and Black Cat and other classic female villains have turned over a new leaf (and reverted to type) enough times that I barely even consider them villain anymore. Then again, Doom, Loki and Magneto remain classic villains, despite doing the same a time or two, so it's not exclusive to the ladies. Even Galactus has had his 'good guy' Lifebringer moment of heroism.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 06-16-2018 at 09:49 AM.

1. Hela
    2. Morgana le Fey
    3. Moonstone

I'm surprised to see Moonstone ranked so high. She's almost always part of a team.

Cassandra Nova
    Selene
    I would like Alyssa Moy here

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    having watched Arrested Development, I'm not sure that she ever stopped playing her. Morgan should definitely have something to say about Doom knocking up some scientist. but she's stuck in the cretaceous (sp?) period or something.

Honestly, if they brought her back and faced her off against Benedict Cumberbatch, I would be so happy

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

White Queen, Mystique, Elektra, Black Cat, Monica Rappaccini have been heroes/anti-heroes/villains.

I feel like Superia and Umar should be bigger female villains. They could be big bosses of a event.

Some Honorable mentions of female villains I like

Lilth, Sasha Hammer, Lady Bullseye, Black Mamba, Lady Deathstrike, Deathbird, Ecstasy, Adrienne Frost,
    Snapdragon, Sat-Yr-9 and Shriek.

I like Iron Maiden and would like to see her face off against Black Widow again.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I feel like Superia and Umar should be bigger female villains. They could be big bosses of a event.
    Umar definitely could use a boost beyond being 'Dormammu's sister' and 'Clea's mom.' She's got tons of potential that haven't really been tapped.

I'd love to see more of Deathbird, from your list, as well. Black Mamba's an interesting one, in that she doesn't show much ambition, from what I've seen, but there are a few ladies in the Serpent Society that could take charge and forge a new direction, and not just the obvious choice of Viper. Princess Python, Diamondback and Anaconda also have some serious potential, IMO. (Asp, like Mamba, seems more like a follower than a leader.)

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Honestly, if they brought her back and faced her off against Benedict Cumberbatch, I would be so happy
    It could easily happen. But I'm expecting the next villain to be Nightmare. I picture Elizabeth Hurley as Morgan. But there are plenty of actresses who could pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Cassandra Nova
    Selene
    I would like Alyssa Moy here
    Alyssa isn't a villain, is she? A bit amoral. But she's not as sadistic as June Covington or Monica Rappacini.

There really should be a mad scientist group including Superia, Toxie Doxie, Kashmir Venemma, Tilda Johnson, Monica Rappacini, and Alyssa Moy. The Intelligencia purposely excluded females.

Boisterously Confused

I haven't been following Thor, but has anybody done anything with The Enchantress lately? That's a character who should be on this list.

I know she's seen as problematic because she's an old fashioned "employing her wiles to manipulate men" femme fatale, which so offends some these days. Paradoxically, that's what makes her a perfect villainess, particularly for (Ms.) Captain Marvel, Sif, or The Valkyrie. At least some of our bad guys should be offensive, and only so many of them can be Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I haven't been following Thor, but has anybody done anything with The Enchantress lately? That's a character who should be on this list.
    I don't remember the last time anyone did something major with Amora.

We're lucky to see her in a major guest role in a book as it is.
    I know she's seen as problematic because she's an old fashioned "employing her wiles to manipulate men" femme fatale, which so offends some these days. Paradoxically, that's what makes her a perfect villainess, particularly for (Ms.) Captain Marvel, Sif, or The Valkyrie. At least some of our bad guys should be offensive, and only so many of them can be Nazis.
    Well, it still works for Poison Ivy (though she's also got that eco-terrorist bent, and they've been walking her back away from being a villain...).

Ultimate Member

Mention of Morgana le Fey and Umar and the Enchantress reminded me of Margali Szardos, who was, at one time, positioned as powerful enough to usurp the title of Sorcerer Supreme.

Gosh, Marvel sure does have some quality sorceresses in their back-catalog!