View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 378 of 619 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388428478 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 9276

Aww Scemma

Does Hickman ships Jott? Scemma? what will he choose?
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    Aww Scemma

Does Hickman ships Jott? Scemma? what will he choose?
    Hickman in general does not usually have much interest with romantic plots. In his Avengers I can only remember Smasher and Cannonball. He is usually more interested in the concept of the family.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I doubt Hickman is much of a shipper- he'll likely put people together if fits better their character development. That said, the fact he's by no means an illusion of change kind of guy, and dislikes the idea of stories about stories is been going on at least since Bendis bringing the 05, if not earlier, is very good news.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

He seems like a huge Emma fan who also likes Cyclops a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if he is into it.

Even if we suppose that Hickman would want to write Scemma, would Marvel let him? I don't need a Scemma revival, just for the narrative to acknowledge the history and mutual feelings between Scott and Emma. Respect the continuity.

I doubt Marvel would impose any relationship on him- they need him now more than the other way around.

Marvel hasn't been afraid of shooting down Hickman's plans. They've done it during Secret Wars. Before they made the full deal with Hickman, JDW said Marvel already had plans to bring back Cyclops post Phoenix Resurrection. We can assume they wanted the duo back alive together. It's entirely possible that they'd have requested that Scott and Jean get back together.

After the Dark Phoenix movie I'd say marvel should move towards the Astonishing X-Men from Whedons run and never look back

Have any of you seen Dark Phoenix yet?
    what are your thoughts on this Scott?

I like James better, Tye got a little more to do but it wasn't much better.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-06-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    After the Dark Phoenix movie I'd say marvel should move towards the Astonishing X-Men from Whedons run and never look back
    I believe that will be the case. Which makes me fear for Jean's life but it is kind of good news for Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Just saw Dark Phoenix.
    It's certainly a better outing than X3 for Cyclops but don't get your hopes up for him actually having any real effect on the plot.
    Is the Cyke improvement negligible? Seeing the marketing thought he would be completely sidelined.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I am sympathetic for Jean's fans, since Fox somehow botched her narrative twice.

I wonder what that would look like though.

Marvel Editorial in the year of our Lord, 2019, does not impose relationships on writers nor restrict them in our sacred 21st century. Creative makes those calls in every notable instance. Except I guess when Panic totally cucked Guggs because Cates wrote the wedding for him. That was kinda awesome.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Frostberg View Post
    Is the Cyke improvement negligible? Seeing the marketing thought he would be completely sidelined.
    He's comparing it to X3... the lowest bar. That should say more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Marvel hasn't been afraid of shooting down Hickman's plans. They've done it during Secret Wars. Before they made the full deal with Hickman, JDW said Marvel already had plans to bring back Cyclops post Phoenix Resurrection. We can assume they wanted the duo back alive together. It's entirely possible that they'd have requested that Scott and Jean get back together.
    Again, the difference now is that Marvel needs Hickman a lot more than the other way around. His career is fine, his creator-owned books sell well, and he could go to DC at any moment and be well treated there, get that Legion of the Superheroes book he clearly dream about. Meanwhile, there's no one Marvel can get that would generate enough excitement and is a reliable seller (and SW being such a hit increased Hickman's standing even more).