Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I recall Logan gave Blade his coat in the 1930s but never realized it was the trench coat he wears currently. Has this been verified or just something we assume?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Watching the Unrated ending of Blade Trinity, it really DOES support the idea of Wesley Snipes playing Dracula.

"And so he slept. Waiting for the moment when he could walk the Earth again."

There's something very prophetic about that line.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    I recall Logan gave Blade his coat in the 1930s but never realized it was the trench coat he wears currently. Has this been verified or just something we assume?
    Yea that was just my interpretation

I'd like the next Blade stories to have him going to other countries and challenging more vampires with unusual looks and powers.

Fantastic Member

I've been wondering what vampires, specifically older and more traditional ones think of Chthon. I feel they are the only ones that would have the knowledge of how vampirism originally stems from a spell and comes from his book. On the other hand, I can imagine Chthon thinking that vampires are so insignificant that their feelings about him are inconsequential, even if they are his creations.

Also, I hope to one day see Blade reference the training he's endured. Hunting doesn't just imply kicking ass, but knowing now prey move and think to get when in a vulnerable position, etc.
    Last edited by BlackWind; 08-18-2019 at 07:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd like the next Blade stories to have him going to other countries and challenging more vampires with unusual looks and powers.
    Yeah, there are so many interesting vampires in folklore and Marvel has so many cool vampire clans. It would be cool to see Blade's different strategies for handling each one.

Then you also have how Blade treats nonthreatening vampires. Back in the day, all vampires were treated the same, but now he might let one go if they aren't causing trouble. It would be fun to see that translated to film
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWind View Post
    I've been wondering what vampires, specifically older and more traditional ones think of Chthon. I feel they are the only ones that would have the knowledge of how vampirism originally stems from a spell and comes from his book. On the other hand, I can imagine Chthon thinking that vampires are so insignificant that their feelings about him are inconsequential, even if they are his creations.

Also, I hope to one day see Blade reference the training he's endured. Hunting doesn't just imply kicking ass, but knowing now prey move and think to get when in a vulnerable position, etc.
    I would imagine that Cthon sees them as potential tools for causing trouble and getting power. That being said, Dracula himself is often portrayed as being much more ambitious than Varne ever was. That's what makes him dangerous, because when he actually executes a big plan, it's a big plan.

Astonishing Member

https://www.previewsworld.com/SiteIm...ge/STL126220/5

check it out the history of the marvel universe issue 2 preview made a reference to Blade origin

Mighty Member

so this confirms the change that guggenheim made

The J-man

Mighty Member

Yea. Wesley Snipes would be amazing in that Whistler/Afari role

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Was cool to see a little bit of Blade spotlight in History of the Marvel Universe #2, though regarding age, since I recall Namor was born in 1920, wouldn't that mean he's about the same age as Steve Rogers and Blade?

Last edited by Electricmastro; 08-21-2019 at 01:51 PM.

yep, Namor's old. Wolverine's old. Steve Rodgers is old, but at least in Steve's case, he was asleep for decades.
    The J-man

STRIKEFORCE #3
    TINI HOWARD (W) • GERMÁN PERALTA (A)
    Cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
    VARIANT COVER BY DECLAN SHALVEY
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ANDREA SORRENTINO
    DOOM’S OWN DEMIURGE!
    The changeling creatures known as Vridai have lodged their fey claws into one of the most powerful men on Earth — Doctor Doom! And when Wiccan falls under their spell as well, the changelings have all the ingredients for a world-ending the likes of which you’ve never seen.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

STRIKEFORCE #3
    TINI HOWARD (W) • GERMÁN PERALTA (A)
    Cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
    VARIANT COVER BY DECLAN SHALVEY
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ANDREA SORRENTINO
    DOOM’S OWN DEMIURGE!
    The changeling creatures known as Vridai have lodged their fey claws into one of the most powerful men on Earth — Doctor Doom! And when Wiccan falls under their spell as well, the changelings have all the ingredients for a world-ending the likes of which you’ve never seen.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Vridai? No clue what those are... but but Dr. Doom is always fun. 3 issues in and they are already going to throw down with marvels top villain.

Mighty Member

Here's hoping they make his confrontation with Dr. Doom more interesting than Guggenheim did. Also seems like the enemies they're fighting are completely new, so we'll probably get a new flashback story for Blade.