Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Terrifics!

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Jeff Lemire & Ivan Reis
    I might get the first issue then depending on previews, also Evan Doc Shaner is taking over after Ivan Reis apparently.
    Shaner is having fun teasing the fans, and come to think about it they are very similiar....
    Smart guy (mr T) or Stretchy person
    Obligatory woman character
    Powerhouse

All they are missing is a burning man.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    something to look forward to... really interested to know what connects them four. seems a little random at this point.
    Well Mr. Terrific and plastic man were both in dark days the forge so...

Fantastic Member

When I first saw Plastic man , mr. Terrific , & Metamorpho in Dark days :the Forge I thought I hope they do something fun with these characters, Mr. T in an ongoing (still can be a thing) plas in either JL or JLA and of course metamorpho in the outsiders. Putting them all together with a favorite LOSH character is brilliant !!!! although all that I just mentioned could still happen!

Mr.T should , at least be a part of the JSA.

this is a dream come true for me (& after hearing Cap will be back in classic form in #695, it just made my day even brighter! )

I just warn DC not to copy verbatim the FF. don't go for the in team fighting and tired family plots..go for the adventure & exploratory elements (the source wall?)

DC is KING right now & it's great seeing them on top.

I think this is going to be fun, if only for the fact that this will be taking over the FF's niche thanks to Marvel (or Ike Perlmutter's) movie rights pettiness .

The "explorers" angle should already be filled by the Challengers of the Unknown. It looks like The Terrifics will focus more on the family aspect of the F4, but this is a weird choice of cast to try that with.
    They were obviously chosen due to looks and powers, but Lemire will have to write the hell out of this to make them seem like a family.
    I worry Phantom Girl will be put in the girlfriend role just because she's the only girl. Plas will be the comedy relief like Johnny and Metamorpho will be the self-pitying monster while Mr Terrific is the genius male leader. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Eh....Marvel sorta borrowed the concept of making perfect little clones on their major properties to turn a buck, in comparison its a smaller steal.

These compaines will forever leach off of the others ideas. Nature of the beast.
    Yes, I'm not defending Marvel at all. They also have tons of DC pastiches (Squadron Supreme, Sentry, Warrior Woman etc).
    My point is that it's kind of hypocritical of DC to mock Marvel for not publishing F4 when they are also not publishing the team books these characters are from in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this is going to be fun, if only for the fact that this will be taking over the FF's niche thanks to Marvel (or Ike Perlmutter's) movie rights pettiness .
    Boosting Phantom Girl's prominence like this will also help fill in the Kitty Pryde niche, who's part of another franchise downplayed by Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The "explorers" angle should already be filled by the Challengers of the Unknown. It looks like The Terrifics will focus more on the family aspect of the F4, but this is a weird choice of cast to try that with.
    They were obviously chosen due to looks and powers, but Lemire will have to write the hell out of this to make them seem like a family.
    I worry Phantom Girl will be put in the girlfriend role just because she's the only girl. Plas will be the comedy relief like Johnny and Metamorpho will be the self-pitying monster while Mr Terrific is the genius male leader. LOL.
    Well, to be fair, that was kind of their shtick even before this so at least it's in-character .

I am curious, since Phantom Girl is obviously in the Sue role, if they'll try and pair her with Mr. Terrific (I wonder if his dead wife is still part of his origin?), but at least that won't be as weird since it's not actually the Legion Phantom Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Boosting Phantom Girl's prominence like this will also help fill in the Kitty Pryde niche, who's part of another franchise downplayed by Marvel.
    This is kind of a stretch LOL. Phantom Girl was picked only because of the invisible powers. I doubt they intended it as a reference to Kitty Pryde, who's actually one of the most proeminent X-men nowadays.

I like this roster for the most part. Would have like Phantom Lady and Element Woman but Phantom Girl and Metamorpho are good too and it is nice to see more of Holt

Well, to be fair, that was kind of their shtick even before this so at least it's in-character .

I am curious, since Phantom Girl is obviously in the Sue role, if they'll try and pair her with Mr. Terrific (I wonder if his dead wife is still part of his origin?), but at least that won't be as weird since it's not actually the Legion Phantom Girl.
    It's not? That would make me a little less annoyed they have yet another time-displaced Legionnaire in the present while not giving them their own book, but has this been confirmed anywhere?
    Where's this Phantom Girl from?

It's not? That would make me a little less annoyed they have yet another time-displaced Legionnaire in the present while not giving them their own book, but has this been confirmed anywhere?
    Where's this Phantom Girl from?
    I think Lemire confirmed on twitter that she isn't.

I would assume she's probably an ancestor of the Tinya Wazzo Phantom Girl of some sort. I also don't think this is the first time they've done that.

Sorta feel they wont be that much on the nose of FF but instead they will play beautiful girl with the horrific monster angle by having Phantom Girl and Metamorpho be together. Besides that after the Arrow I have strong doubt that DC will employ writing that will masculate Mr. Terrific by having him be with a strong female character. Much to my disappointment.

So who is she if she's not Legion Phantom Girl?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Sorta feel they wont be that much on the nose of FF but instead they will play beautiful girl with the horrific monster angle by having Phantom Girl and Metamorpho be together. Besides that after the Arrow I have strong doubt that DC will employ writing that will masculate Mr. Terrific by having him be with a strong female character. Much to my disappointment.
    Well, I doubt they're going to write Michael in this like Curtis on Arrow.

I kind of have a hard time imagining Rex with anyone but Sapphire, but I could see them going in that direction.

This is kind of a stretch LOL. Phantom Girl was picked only because of the invisible powers. I doubt they intended it as a reference to Kitty Pryde, who's actually one of the most proeminent X-men nowadays.
    Phantom Girl doesn't have invisibility powers, at least no version we've ever seen. She has the exactly the same powers as Kitty Pryde - intangibility.