Talking Battle of Helms Deep with White Walkers

During the Battle of Helms Deep, lets replace the orcs with the White Walkers and wights from the Battle of Winterfell (Game of Thrones). The defenders of Helms Deep are the characters we see in The Two Towers and let's say they have the requisite arrows tipped with dragon glass and dragon glass swords. The White Walker army consists of 100,000 wights, 12 White Walkers, 3 giants plus one undead dragon and the Night King. The undead dragon doesn't show up until 4 hours into the siege. How does the battle go?

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    During the Battle of Helms Deep, lets replace the orcs with the White Walkers and wights from the Battle of Winterfell (Game of Thrones). The defenders of Helms Deep are the characters we see in The Two Towers and let's say they have the requisite arrows tipped with dragon glass and dragon glass swords. The White Walker army consists of 100,000 wights, 12 White Walkers, 3 giants plus one undead dragon and the Night King. The undead dragon doesn't show up until 4 hours into the siege. How does the battle go?
    I say the White Walkers & co. win due to sheer numbers. I think they can easily attack/siege for 4 hours and then just have the dragon show up to handle the rest.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I wouldn't be surprised if they can win without the dragon. Winterfell only won due to PIS, pretty much every character got over whelmed at one point or another only to be fine the next shot they were shown in. In an actual rumbles they would die, and they had way more people then Helms Deep did.

Aragorn brings his ghost army, war over. ;P

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Aragorn brings his ghost army, war over. ;P
    Aragorn didn't have the snot army yet.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

White Walker Stomp

the dragon really fucks things up.

Incredible Member

The defenders have dragonglass and Valerian steel. Also, the army of the dead completely lack any seige weapons, unless you count giants, something which the defenders of Winterfell utterly failed to capitalize upon. To me, what decides this battle is the dragon. If the defenders can somehow take it out of play before it blasts through the walls of Helms Deep, then I can easily see the defenders holding out. The walls at Helms Deep are certainly much larger than the ones at Winterfell and I don't think the dead are going to be able to pile their way up and over.

That being said, Viserion could blast a hole through the walls with a single shot and if that happens, then the dead swarm in and win through sheer overwhelming numbers. Frankly, Viserion with the Night King on his back could easily solo Helms Deep but on the off chance that Aragorn could get to the Night King on his own and had a Valerian steel sword, I can see him taking down the NK. So again, it all comes down to the dragon.

100,000? Only 10,000 Uruk Hai were at Helms Deep, and the defenders in the hundreds until the dawn came, if I remember right, unless you mean film? In the film, for some reason, a contingent of Elves arrive (rather than help on the other fronts against Sauron's overwhelming forces, for some reason). Though Elves (and Aragorn for that matter) were pretty badly nerfed compared to their book counterparts.

If no dragon, and the defenders have dragonglass/Valyrian steel, they might hold out longer. Helms Deep is much better defended (man made and natural) than Winterfell. Giants being about the only major concern otherwise.

But seriously, why make this when against 10,000 Uruks, the defenders are already horrifically outnumbered? Let alone against 100,000 undead that don't even need morale.