Default Purple Healing Ray comeback

There seems to be more and more of a comeback of Amazonian tech. IN bloodline we have the purple healing ray

Screenshot from 2019-09-28 21-10-02.jpg

I hope we have more come back

it's one of those things where they sometimes have reason to use it, more often not.

I like seeing Amazonian tech and stuff, but especially the Purple Healing Ray.

How other tech items should the Amazons have? Maybe the Island is not hidden due to the Gods but due to the Amazons. They can control what parts of the Islands that are shown.

I like the Amazon's having the ability to hide their island.

Perhaps originally, some of the goddesses wanted to help the Amazon's get settled on the island and may have helped to hide it, until the Amazon's themselves were able to do it.

Today, I can't see any of the goddesses being interested to hide it, so I go with the Amazon's doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like seeing Amazonian tech and stuff, but especially the Purple Healing Ray.
    I like this too... I'm all for Amazon tech... and I'm even more into Diana being the creator of the Purple Ray, for a number of Steve reasons and Donna reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like the Amazon's having the ability to hide their island.

Perhaps originally, some of the goddesses wanted to help the Amazon's get settled on the island and may have helped to hide it, until the Amazon's themselves were able to do it.

Today, I can't see any of the goddesses being interested to hide it, so I go with the Amazon's doing it.
    I liked Perez's "chaos storm" of the gods that shrouded the island for a couple of reasons. (I'd keep it.) It took a bit of the Amazons isolation out of their hands which made it more interesting when the Amazons decided to reveal themselves to the world. That added some depth, in a sense that can be played with from the Amazons perspective... it was their shield, but now it's not. It's impregnableness reflects a bit of the Amazons state of mind at different times, and possibly their conflict with the gods.

I'm more into the Amazons's tech advancements regarding the Purple Ray, magic sphere, mental radio, architecture, stealth technology; aeronautical, vehicular, personal, etc., and things we haven't seen yet.

The Amazons's technological advancement is also interesting in juxtaposition to the gods, who are beings of thought, attitude, feeling, symbolism, etc., who are reflections of what they might create, but not necessarily the progenitors of the advancements they create.

At least this is the ish that goes through m creative mind as I contemplate the Amazons, the gods, and their rightful place in the DCU.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How other tech items should the Amazons have? Maybe the Island is not hidden due to the Gods but due to the Amazons. They can control what parts of the Islands that are shown.

In my version of Wonder Woman, the Olympians foresaw the waning of their influence and position in the future. Rather than fade into oblivion, the Olympians decided on a plan of action that could leave an indelible legacy on the world.

They chose the place where Gaea first manifested herself on this plane of existence and invested all of their godhood and energies into creating a paradise where their chosen, the Amazons, could flourish. Paradise Island was protected and isolated from the outside world because of this. The island was infused with divine energy that keep the Amazons ageless and peak health.

The gods no longer manifest themselves as they used to, but the Amazons still revere them and offer prayers. This faith and devotion renews the divine energies that envelop Paradise Island.

Diana creates the Purple Ray to harness/focus the ambient divine energies to accelerate the body's natural healing abilities. It has limited and less effect off island because of the source of energy is the island itself.

In Marston's, the gods would actually, for the most part, appear as spirts or use their statues to come alive. Most people would want to think why would they need airplanes or need guns. For one I would have to say this. While yes they have more a paradise for themselves there is still a cost. If they have Ares or the doom gate to watch over it shouldn't be too easy to control. For example, Ares's magic infects the Island. To weird the Amazons need to fight creatures of great power and that can fly. Magic Sphere could either be used as a device in the original or as a way to make sure the Island is hidden. It can also make sure the Amazons have a clear view of what's going on in the outside world.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-30-2019 at 08:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    it's one of those things where they sometimes have reason to use it, more often not.
    it brings people back to life right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    it brings people back to life right?
    Well it can fully heal wounds that would otherwise be crippling. It was used in one of the Max Lord stories to heal Batman after Superman shattered most of his bones.