Page 159 of 277 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 4155
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Oooh An Arrowverse mystery secret plot that is not 'who is that other archer/speedster?' I'm down.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Wally gets to joke about souvenirs ala Young Justice. And gets to accidentally/purposefully call Amaya a Basic _____ showing peak 90's Wally I can't help but think. Granted he was never THAT bad in this way but yeah...
    I noticed the souvenir bit too. I wonder if it was a deliberate nod and if we're going to see Wally continue doing it from now on?
    And I loved seeing Wally get a quick (pun only partially intended) look at how the team operates. "Yeah we...allow light to moderate stealing...".
    And I loved how Wally's first instinct was to try and stop a theft. Barry and the Wests raised him well...
    Of course by the end it's a quick reminder just how broken a speedster can be in this show situation wise. "Saved him and grabbed the totem." I mean there's not anything stopping Wally from just grabbing the totem off Darhk's daughter, right?
    I wonder if it'll be harder to grab a Totem that's been bonded to the user?
    I must admit if Mallus is some universe ending time immune force it's a bit surprising to hear he existed and then the Totem wielders sealed him away given they were all on Earth. Unless he's a lot less fearsome than he sounds.
    I'm more surprised that he seems to be a completely original villain.

If he was actually based on an existing DC villain I would've thought they'd have revealed it by now.
    Between killing King of "Upswipz" Alan and Director Bennett in the same episode it's uh not been good being Asian this week for the Legends show. Oooph. And both went out pretty damn violently even if Bennett's was off screen more or less.
    Wow, I didn't even notice that. Ouch .
    Should be interesting to see. This might mean Ava was literally being in universe set up with Sara on purpose to get a connection to the Legends but the way Rip has watched Ava and Sara get together he seemed about as surprised as anyone so I'm guessing Ava still has her own free will and isn't following a script of some kind. Especially sicne Rip had to go out of his way to ask for the pardon from Ava since it didn't occur to her at first to do so.
    He did seem a little shocked, if not unhappy about it, probably because he knows exactly who Ava really is and how important she'll end up being...which might impact her relationship with Sara negatively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Director Bennet got done dirty. Sarah, Rip and Ava didn't see the giant murderous Gorilla that was clearly behind him before he got pounced on? C'mon
    Yeah, I'm surprised no one tried to at least warn him about Grodd.

I guess Rip has the excuse that he was expecting Ava to give him the pardon and planned on her being placed in charge, even if I don't like to think of Rip as being that cold.

Retired

In the Beebo episode, I thought it was weird that Ava was able to just reach into the twilight place where Sara was and yank her out. It helped build their ship, but I never understood how she could do that.

Even though it seems like Heatwave or Jax would be a good candidate for the fire totem, so far it's been all women. There might be some reason or it just looks good to have all these strong women. Unless they're going to have a token totem man. But a woman seems more likely. And I think for the sixth mystery totem it will be Ava or Sara--or Nora if she gives up the spirit totem.

Even though Ava might be destined for death--maybe the mystery totem will have a deus ex machina effect on her--like maybe Sara uses it to bring her back from the beyond. Anyway, I think it would be cruel and unusual punishment to the Ava Lance ship, if they killed off the one great lesbian character at the end of the season. That might be par for the course when straight boyfriends buy the farm in the final episode, but on these shows the gay couples announce they're going to marry in the finale and then they split up in the next season.

And was there ever a story called "I, Ivo"--I feel like there was, if not there should have been.

There are certain characters I relate to because they remind me of me. I take it personally when fans say Ray is stupid or naive--when he says and does the same things I would (if I could ever be Ray, I don't have the size). Likewise, I related to Wally this episode, because when I meet people for the first time, I'm always sticking my foot in my mouth and saying odd things that surprise even me--then regretting it later. And yeah, departing out of embarrassment is exactly what I would do. Good that Sara talked him into staying, with her profound yet goofy speech.

Sure, Kid Flash is OP--as some people put it--but there are or have been several Legends who could potentially equal Wally, if they were allowed to, yet week after week they don't do the thing they ought to do. Why should Wally be any different? It might be a Waverider effect.

The GC Jitters thing was funny. But it raises a question for the overly picky. In episode 10, Ray and Zari took Nora to CC Jitters in Star City--which at the time just seemed to mean that CC Jitters is CC no matter which city it's in (with the same floor plan). However, if it's GC Jitters in Gotham City--then it should be SC Jitters in Star City. But I think they put that in there intentionally because they caught the earlier mistake and wanted to correct it by suggesting every city has its own abbreviation (CC Jitters, SC Jitters, GC Jitters, MC Jitters, BC Jitters, FC Jitters . . .).

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Maybe she's related to the other two Sharpes in the Arrowverse lol
    I was thinking the exact same thing!

By the way, was Damien matched with Cupid from Arrow?

So Ray found a secret room in a clothing store. I think we found Gambi of Earth-1.

Amaya and Zari should asked the spirit what is and where is the sixth totem.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    The character Javier bardem played. Nah.
    The wig, the body language, the silenced weapon, and the episode's title suggest otherwise.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

Yeah Mallus not yet being directly connected to a comic character is a bit of a surprise but given he seems to take after many different comic villains to some extent Trigon, Time Trapper, Mordru etc...so it's not that big of a surprise either.

But yeah I honestly at this point forgot they hadn't done so yet outright.

I hope we get to learn just exactly what the story of Mallus and the Totems are but that's all but guaranteed on some level.

I am really finding Darhk insufferable. I really am tired of heroes giving in to villains as they wantonly kill people. Especially when the villains want to destroy the earth and kill millions.
    I found the last 5 minutes of the episode much better than the first 55
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I am really finding Darhk insufferable. I really am tired of heroes giving in to villains as they wantonly kill people. Especially when the villains want to destroy the earth and kill millions.
    Yeah, i pretty much skipped over all the parts that focused on ray and darkh. I don’t know if this episode was supposed to humanize darkh or what, but i really don’t care. Unless he comes back as a good guy, i really don’t want to see him back next season.

I for one think the Darhk's absolutely stole the show.
    Damien is way better at overstaying his welcome in the Arrowverse than f*cking Malcolm Merlyn was.

Sure, he sucked in Arrow Season 4, but I think he really improved. He just fits LoT better.

Damien's over the top attitude reminds me a bit of Deadpool (minus the 4th wall breaking stuff). With less swearing, more magic.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I like Darhk. He can be silly and menacing whenever you need him to be. He's a joy to watch whenever he's on screen.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I'm not a Darhk fan so much as a Neal McDonough fan. I could listen to that guy read the phone book and be entertained. I get your point, though. While I do enjoy Legends a lot for its dark sense of humor, yesterday it was a lot more of a black comedy where everyone was a bit of a sociopath. Darhk's therapy session with the upswipe guy's corpse, the team's indifferent reaction to Bennett being murdered by Grodd, Dahrk killing the physicist at the last second "to keep his record perfect," there were lot of beats that were just mean spirited. It was great that Wally came in with a last second rescue and all, but it would have been better if he'd beaten the snot out Darhk just a little bit. That was just scripting saving Damian from a well-deserved beatdown, we already have it as a fact that even with his powers, he can't match a speedster.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I'm not a Darhk fan so much as a Neal McDonough fan. I could listen to that guy read the phone book and be entertained. I get your point, though. While I do enjoy Legends a lot for its dark sense of humor, yesterday it was a lot more of a black comedy where everyone was a bit of a sociopath. Darhk's therapy session with the upswipe guy's corpse, the team's indifferent reaction to Bennett being murdered by Grodd, Dahrk killing the physicist at the last second "to keep his record perfect," there were lot of beats that were just mean spirited. It was great that Wally came in with a last second rescue and all, but it would have been better if he'd beaten the snot out Darhk just a little bit. That was just scripting saving Damian from a well-deserved beatdown, we already have it as a fact that even with his powers, he can't match a speedster.
    I agree completely Handsome. You encapsulated what I disliked about it. While I like McDonough as well, the mean spirited nature of this episode bothered me. As you say, it was veryy black comedy, which I found unfunny.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

Even though I've been completely won over by the Darhk family with this episode, I think it would be overstaying his welcome too much if McDonough returned next season. Unless it was like Tom Cavanagh and Harrison Wells, where he comes back as different characters. I guess you could say that Darhk is like that. On ARROW, he was one iteration of Damien, then last season he was a pre-magic Damien and now he's a risen from the dead Damien. If something completely changes this Damien and makes him one of the good guys, it would be funny to have him back again.

I can see Nora becoming a Legend--if only to make Ray happy.

I would think that the big reveal of Mallus is supposed to link him with someone we've already seen this season. Maybe if he/she/it was an actual DC character, that would make it too easy to figure out the mystery for those who read comics. This way it's an even playing field for everyone.

I don't have a clue, but there are elements of the story that do fit in with the comics. If LEGENDS could use the big properties, we'd proably see some ties to the Guardians of the Universe or the Spectre.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    The wig, the body language, the silenced weapon, and the episode's title suggest otherwise.
    20180306_200035.jpg this was what immediately came to mind. And a gun with a silencer is a normal weapon. A machine they use to kill cows are two completely different things
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"