Page 121 of 298 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 4458

y'know, i was hoping that since hal won't be in the only gl title, that he would in included in the justice league...

It's looking like they're not going to waste a lot of time getting to the Central Power Battery blowing up, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens when things pick up from Hal meeting Jo. Maybe we'll see a cameo from him to show his reaction when it actually happens, but I'm not expecting anything.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Cute, Carol. Real cute.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I like Alan but man, the Corps oath just walks all over his.

It's suitably hokey in a Golden Age sort of way .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Resident Alan simp here. Can confirm that Corps oath takes his oath's lunch money.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Resident Alan simp here. Can confirm that Corps oath takes his oath's lunch money.
    Love it when it's done in unison.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

If it makes you feel any better, the Corps oath is Alan's oath. Alfred Bester rewrote Alan's oath later in the Golden Age and that was the one that Broome used for his Silver Age reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, the Corps oath is Alan's oath. Alfred Bester rewrote Alan's oath later in the Golden Age and that was the one that Broome used for his Silver Age reboot.
    Much like Superman being the first Nightwing, it's been eclipsed into trivia despite being correct. Hal and Pals can have the good oath.

So I never read Green Lantern: Rebirth before. There's this Youtube channel called Comics Explained where he explains storylines in depth. He's doing Rebirth and wow, wow WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Me and my roommates are just sitting in the living room watching it as if this was a movie lol. It's three hours long but worth it. I don't think they do this level of worldbuilding anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    So I never read Green Lantern: Rebirth before. There's this Youtube channel called Comics Explained where he explains storylines in depth. He's doing Rebirth and wow, wow WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Me and my roommates are just sitting in the living room watching it as if this was a movie lol. It's three hours long but worth it. I don't think they do this level of worldbuilding anymore.
    Follow Rebirth into Geoff Johns' Green Lantern and I think you'll be very happy until about Blackest Night, which is a crossover spinning out of it. The Green Lantern Corps volume that ran alongside it was excellent as well until about the same point. If you can, read both side-by-side and experience in a day or two a solid few years of excellent Green Lantern stories with Blackest Night serving as a great finale. After that it all becomes diminishing returns.

And then drop some acid and jump into Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp's The Green Lantern. You won't be disappointed!
    Last edited by Robanker; 04-25-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Follow Rebirth into Geoff Johns' Green Lantern and I think you'll be very happy until about Blackest Night, which is a crossover spinning out of it. The Green Lantern Corps volume that ran alongside it was excellent as well until about the same point. If you can, read both side-by-side and experience in a day or two a solid few years of excellent Green Lantern stories with Blackest Night serving as a great finale. After that it all becomes diminishing returns.

And then drop some acid and jump into Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp's The Green Lantern. You won't be disappointed!
    This particular video is now discussing Secret Origins where Hal and Sinestro are fighting a pre-Red Lantern Atrocitus. Morrison's GL books are a breath of fresh air. it's just a trippy sci-fi adventure. I haven't read the Blackest Night title but i did read the tie-ins.

I have a question though. Do any of Hal's Silver Age foes pop up in this Johns run?

That was the heyday of GL, a time when it outsold Batman, no matter what anyone else thinks . I can’t wait to reread my omnis, just been pressed for time. I remember reading it in trades at my library as it was coming out, that was some of the most exciting times of my life, you could feel the hype building towards Blackest Night.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This particular video is now discussing Secret Origins where Hal and Sinestro are fighting a pre-Red Lantern Atrocitus. Morrison's GL books are a breath of fresh air. it's just a trippy sci-fi adventure. I haven't read the Blackest Night title but i did read the tie-ins.

I have a question though. Do any of Hal's Silver Age foes pop up in this Johns run?
    Yeah, some obscure D-lister called Sinestro.