Page 281 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381781 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter Link

There may be issues between Warren and Sanders, but yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Trolls/Bots (especially the Russian kind) are trying to make it worse.
    Mango Mussolini could have dealt with that but then he'd be shooting himself in the foot

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    To be fair, Mets is a Republican. He's become numb to what honest framing would sound like as part of his GOP conditioning.

Also, to his comment that we only have Warren's word that Sanders said it...

I believe the relevant expression is, "I believe women."
    That expression refers to believing women about sexual assault.

Unless you've heard something about Bernie that the rest of us haven't, it doesn't apply here.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    That expression refers to believing women about sexual assault.

Unless you've heard something about Bernie that the rest of us haven't, it doesn't apply here.
    We both know that wasn't what I was implying.

But, a Bernie supporter "tut-tutting" about the idea of believing a woman over Bernie?

That wouldn't be answering to claims of sexism with some unnecessary sexism, now, would it?
    Last edited by worstblogever; 01-14-2020 at 06:22 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

We both know that wasn't what I was implying.
    No I don't because the phrase refers to believing women about sexual assault and harassment.

Don't use the wrong phrase if you want people to know what you mean.

But, a Bernie supporter "tut-tutting" about the idea of believing a woman over Bernie?

That wouldn't be answering to claims of sexism with some unnecessary sexism, now, would it?
    Believe her if you want.

And what is "unnecessary sexism"? Sexism is inherently unnecessary.

The existence of "unnecessary sexism" would mean the existence of necessary sexism, and sexism is never necessary.
    Last edited by Superbat; 01-14-2020 at 07:05 AM.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

This is how it goes for Bernie supporters.

If I criticize any of the other candidates, I will be called divisive and costing the election for the Democrats. If someone does the same for Bernie, that's 100% acceptable.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm still expecting Biden to be the Democratic Nominee. Which... *sighs* Yeah...
    I'd bet money on Buttigieg over Biden by now. Buttigieg's likely gonna win the early states besides South Carolina, and then Biden's "only I can guarantee a win" argument, upon which he anchors his campaign, will fall apart. Biden's a paper tiger now despite his big poll numbers.

In my mind, short of some massive turnaround in Biden's performances it's gonna be Buttigieg, Warren or Bernie.

Edit: The latest polls seem to have swung drastically, so my earlier impression may be wrong.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 01-14-2020 at 07:21 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Trump Planning To Take $7.2 Billion More From Pentagon For Border Wall: Report

The White House celebrated the completion of its 100th mile of new wall along the southern border last week. I wonder happened to all that talk from Trump about his insistence that Mexico would pay for his stupid wall that, by the way, WILL. NOT. STOP desperate migrants from entering the country? And why don't Democrats hammer the administration on that failed promise, and why the U.S. taxpayer has to foot the bill for that white elephant?
    That's a voting issue imo. Democrats did as much as possible making sure that no funds were in the budgets for the useless wall. He has to resort to taking them from military projects now. They can talk about the schools for military families etc this money is coming from. But, even in the courts with the lawsuits for his end run around the budgetary process. People knew Mexico wasn't paying for it when he said it. They still voted for him. That isn't going to win more voters or energize them.

It should make us take a harder look at military budgets though which we should anyway. You have them swearing up and down that we cant afford medicare for all or we cant afford college debt relief. But the Military has so much budgeted money they can afford to have billions diverted to this useless **** and not really feel it honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I'd bet money on Buttigieg over Biden by now. Buttigieg's likely gonna win the early states besides South Carolina, and then Biden's "only I can guarantee a win" argument, upon which he anchors his campaign, will fall apart. Biden's a paper tiger now despite his big poll numbers.

In my mind, short of some massive turnaround in Biden's performances it's gonna be Buttigieg, Warren or Bernie.
    Buttigieg doesn't have support from black voters and you can't win the Democratic primary without them.

Biden and Bernie are still the favorites IMO.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

WATCH: Putin and Assad caught on video laughing as they mock Trump during Damascus meeting

Video has emerged of Russian president Vladimir Putin and Syrian president Bashar Al-Assad having a laugh at President Trump’s expense during Putin’s visit to Damascus last week.

“If Trump arrives along this road [to Damascus], everything will become normal with him too,” Assad said, according to a translation of the conversation. Putin then quipped that Trump would jump at the offer and if not, he’ll convince him to visit the country’s capital. “It will be repaired… invite him. He will come.” Assad replied that he’s ready to invite Trump. Putin then smiles and says, “I will tell him.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

who in the world is backing Buttigeg, at this point? he's the prototypical politician/a total insider.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    who in the world is backing Buttigeg, at this point? he's the prototypical politician/a total insider.
    Older upper middle class white women who think he is well young, well spoken.

I saw a report that has Butigeg up in NH. But 538 still has Biden ahead with Sanders close behind.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter Link

There may be issues between Warren and Sanders, but yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Trolls/Bots (especially the Russian kind) are trying to make it worse.

I make no secret that I dislike Sanders but that I do like Warren. I also believe that there should be more honest discussion about their differences.

I don't need bots to influence my opinion.
    This. I love anyone who uses that Kang quote from Star Trek.

Project Veritas is trying to stir up Bernie hate.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy is calling on Joe Biden to suspend his campaign while the Democratic senators running for president participate in the Senate impeachment trial. Calls it “the only rightful thing” for Biden to do.
    Twitter Link

Now how on Earth does that make any sense?

Like, what if the NY Yankees came out onto the field to play against the Pirates, only Aroldis Chapman, Luis Cessa, Luis Severino, and Masahiro Tanaka all came down with the Flu. Then Mets then walk off the field saying they can't play because they are short a few pitchers.

Though this is worse becasue McCarthy isn't asking Yang, or Steyer, or Bloomberg, or Buttigeig, or the others to stop campiging either.

Though if this has anything to do with the Republicans wanting to bring him in as a witness, I'm sure that Biden could still campaign and testify at the same time if he had to.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.