Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    IDC if they're loved by every human being on earth. Popularity does not mean good.
    Sure. But just because you don't like them doesn't mean that they're bad takes on the characters either.
    People say Zack Snyder hates Superman based on his movies. For doing what exactly? If that is the criteria then how does Gunn show the guardians any love? Changing doesn't mean a creator hates a character but making them an idiot, goofball and save the world by dancing certainly doesn't indicate they have high thoughts on them
    The general complaint from the people that don't like Snyder's take on Superman is that he ultimately didn't understand the character. That he made him too bleak and full of angst with very little hopeful themes to counter balance it, and that he deconstructed the general idea of Superman before he ever constructed a proper Superman, instead expecting the audience to just have this general idea of Superman already. It does seem like his end game for Justice League was for Superman to become the hopeful icon we all know him as. But taking three movie (one of which focused heavily on an especially brooding version of Batman) to get there clearly wasn't the most popular way to go about it.

Contrast that to Gunn who may have altered the cast of GotG somewhat from their comic incarnations, but they still retained their core essence as a bunch of oddball characters that fly about in space and do their best to save the day. And while dancing was a weird choice (which is in line with the movie) it did work. Makes Ronan look dumb for getting upset about it rather than Star-Lord.

Also its nice to see you still refuse to accept people's opinions Dboi.

It's also funny to see you arguing that Feige doesn't really care for representation when, on multiple occasions (on this forum in public and private), you have refused to accept certain problems minorities face. Well done man.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

How hard is it for people to say "I don't like the MCU" and move on? You people always have to project, act like your opinions are fact, and deny the general consensus of things.

Extraordinary Member

Like name me any scene that gives you the impression he actually likes these characters.
    Sure.

It's every single scene in the both movies.
    Would you make a movie like Gunn's about your favorite superhero?
    They did.

They're called Guardians of the Galaxy and Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2

I don't necessarily think that the same tone fits for other characters. But for those characters Gunn did a great job of bringing them to the big screen. Was it perfect? No, but nothing is really, and I am ultimately super happy with the movies we got.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Also its nice to see you still refuse to accept people's opinions Dboi.

It's also funny to see you arguing that Feige doesn't really care for representation when, on multiple occasions (on this forum in public and private), you have refused to accept certain problems minorities face. Well done man.
    dude i literally agreed with you man. i do accept opinions but i don't accept things that are factually wrong. Here I have not once debased someone based on their opinion. Also no I don't have problems with minorities face just when people like Feige treat them like their special new showpony instead of like a regular person like there have never been minority filmmakers before Feige

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

It isn't impressive when all the movies feel the same and are constantly overrated. Also if the Snyder Cut is successful it will start a franchise
    I feel like this was the biggest giveaway that this isn't a thread made in good faith. The only thing you care about is complaining about how Feige's work has been better received than Zach Snyder's.

I mean that and you, in your opening post almost word for word pulling the "I have no issues with Diversity, but...."
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 10-22-2020 at 08:53 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

dude i literally agreed with you man. i do accept opinions but i don't accept things that are factually wrong. Here I have not once debased someone based on their opinion. Also no I don't have problems with minorities face just when people like Feige treat them like their special new showpony instead of like a regular person like there have never been minority filmmakers before Feige
    Show us multiple examples of people treating Feige like he's the Diversity God then.

Back up your claims with enough good evidence or just get this monthly anti-MCU rant over with. It's tiring.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Sure. But just because you don't like them doesn't mean that they're bad takes on the characters either.
    never said that man. However what do you define as a good or bad take? We could argue about the quality of the characters themselves but if we compare them to the DnA version which this draws from Gunn "failed" (though it is hard to fail when you don't try) at replicating them. Every character is way different. It is like when people say Snyder's take on superman is bad.

The general complaint from the people that don't like Snyder's take on Superman is that he ultimately didn't understand the character. That he made him too bleak and full of angst with very little hopeful themes to counter balance it, and that he deconstructed the general idea of Superman before he ever constructed a proper Superman, instead expecting the audience to just have this general idea of Superman already. It does seem like his end game for Justice League was for Superman to become the hopeful icon we all know him as. But taking three movie (one of which focused heavily on an especially brooding version of Batman) to get there clearly wasn't the most popular way to go about it.

Contrast that to Gunn who may have altered the cast of GotG somewhat from their comic incarnations, but they still retained their core essence as a bunch of oddball characters that fly about in space and do their best to save the day. And while dancing was a weird choice (which is in line with the movie) it did work. Makes Ronan look dumb for getting upset about it rather than Star-Lord.
    Well I have personally seen people say Snyder hates Superman and only likes deconstructionist work like TDKR and Watchmen. I personally disagree with the idea Superman wasn't hopeful but that is a different discussion

Your description about the GotG is about as general as me saying Snyder understands superman because he keeps the core of his character which is being heroic and wearing a blue suit. I'd say I draw the line when a writer makes the heroes literally villains. Like the Guardians are literally criminals they aren't superheroes and they do barely anything heroic. They're more like the suicide squad than the gotg. Imagine if he made the Justice League outlaws. Hell the only reason they wanted the power start at the start was for money only later when they realize Ronin is going to destroy Xandar do they get a change which is stupid considering we don't see the guardians show concern for civilians throughout the movie or have a code of avoiding unnecessary deaths

You can edit your posts, you know. You don't have to post two or three times in a row.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Sure.

It's every single scene in the both movies.
    Including Star Lord talking about masturbation and nova reading "I may be an ******* but Im not a complete dick"?

They did.

They're called Guardians of the Galaxy and Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2

I don't necessarily think that the same tone fits for other characters. But for those characters Gunn did a great job of bringing them to the big screen. Was it perfect? No, but nothing is really, and I am ultimately super happy with the movies we got.
    Were they always your favorite heroes? I disagree if you called the movie anything else nobody would think they were the gotg
    Last edited by Dboi2001; 10-22-2020 at 09:05 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I feel like this was the biggest giveaway that this isn't a thread made in good faith. The only thing you care about is complaining about how Feige's work has been better received than Zach Snyder's.

I mean that and you, in your opening post almost word for word pulling the "I have no issues with Diversity, but...."
    Alright I won't mention Zack Snyder. Just answer do you believe Feige is genuine about diversity or is he doing this for money?

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

So? what's your point? he gave us things we thought we could only dream about.
    Last edited by AndersonHoran; 10-22-2020 at 01:03 PM.

These are news items, two of which report Mark Ruffalo's recent comments, and the other on Feige saying the MCU will also become more diverse. One of the articles actually says Feige is encouraging diversity out of goodwill but also because it makes money. Where is the "people treat Feige like he's a diversity god and the first person to hire minority directors" nonsense you're parroting in any of these articles?

What point are you actually trying to prove?

Incredible Member

https://old.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...eady_to_leave/

I just want to as a start I do mean everything in good faith

My point is that I do not think Feige is as 'cool' of a guy as people make him out to be and is a businessman at the end of the day. How many posts were there about the Justice League movie making the team more diverse? If you agree that Feige is doing this for money then we have a lot more in common and don't need to be hostile towards each other. If you disagree then I respectfully disagree. These are just what I have personally seen and experienced. Maybe your experiences are different and that is fine