Page 13 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    BANNED

PAD makes post in the X-Factor Thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    PAD makes post in the X-Factor Thread?
    He has answered a few questions in there, yes.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

Wow that is pretty awesome!

Sorta makes me wish I wasn't trade waiting

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    Idk maybe it's Marvel's general dickery towards Pietro as to why he hasn't been in an Avengers cartoon. Both cartoons just have Quicksilver in the phase of looking up to Magneto which would be fine if they showed him eventually not caring about his Father's acceptance and just becoming good as a way of doing his own thing.

Can't really say I want him to be in any current Marvel animation though they may all have good quality in terms of appearance but the storylines are so dumb, it's the sort of "It's for kids therefore lets not put any thought into this so they can easily understand it and not learn to think for themselves!"
    I didn't know the Avengers cartoon was crappy. Still, Pietro should be on there because of his history with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    Would love it! He is the first writer to have fleshed him out and he's been writing him for the longest and generally I feel like he would do the character the best.

But Marvel will probably give it to a writer I dislike so I can have a rerun of Hawkeye again.
    I could see Christos Gage writing Quicksilver as well...and maybe Joshua Hale Fialkov who wrote Ultimate Quicksilver's last appearance (I'm sorry for bringing up the Ultimate line again). I think those guys found a balance between Pietro's douchey-side and sensitive-side. Most writers just focus on making Quicksilver an *******, which is only fun in moderation.

What's happening with Hawkeye now? I heard his solo was really good.

I think if, for whatever reason, PAD decided he couldn't do a Quicksilver solo if he was given the opportunity, not only would I CRY, but then I think Christos Gage should do it.
    He wrote him quite well in Avengers Academy, I agree.

BANNED

I haven't read Avengers Academy...was it good? I thought it would mostly focus on the kids in the title and none of them interest me enough to pick it up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I haven't read Avengers Academy...was it good? I thought it would mostly focus on the kids in the title and none of them interest me enough to pick it up.
    It does mostly focus on the kids (unfortunately for us). Pietro's pretty important in issue 2, 6, 9 and I think 22, then the rest of the issues he makes small appearances which sometimes are fun.
    Despite Pietro's somewhat diminished role, it's a good read. The kids are interesting in their own way.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I think if, for whatever reason, PAD decided he couldn't do a Quicksilver solo if he was given the opportunity, not only would I CRY, but then I think Christos Gage should do it.
    He wrote him quite well in Avengers Academy, I agree.
    Who should draw Quicksilver's solo?
    I'm really liking DiGiandomenico's take on him, but if I had to pick someone else, then whoever drew him in the first volume of Ultimate x-men...I don't remember whether it was Adam or Andy Kubert. Also I liked how Olivier Coipel drew him in House of M. But it's unlikely a solo would get bigshot artists. As long as whoever draws it isn't the guy who drew him in the "x-factor: the quick and the dead" issue and George Perez. I seriously hate their depiction of Pietro (not that the art is bad, just that they don't draw him hot enough )

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Who should draw Quicksilver's solo?
    I'm really liking DiGiandomenico's take on him, but if I had to pick someone else, then whoever drew him in the first volume of Ultimate x-men...I don't remember whether it was Adam or Andy Kubert. Also I liked how Olivier Coipel drew him in House of M. But it's unlikely a solo would get bigshot artists. As long as whoever draws it isn't the guy who drew him in the "x-factor: the quick and the dead" issue and George Perez. I seriously hate their depiction of Pietro (not that the art is bad, just that they don't draw him hot enough )
    I really like CDiG's take as well.
    But if not him, Cheung. The artist that drew him in Children's Crusade.

Also: I just read Quicksilver in Avengers...#17, I believe. He's pretty much a star character in that issue. He gets kidnapped by, I think, Mole Man?
    He wants to know the secret to Pietro's super speed. And Pietro won't tell him (cause...it's not a secret). And he gets so sassy with him. Classic Pietro. <3

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I didn't know the Avengers cartoon was crappy. Still, Pietro should be on there because of his history with the team.

I could see Christos Gage writing Quicksilver as well...and maybe Joshua Hale Fialkov who wrote Ultimate Quicksilver's last appearance (I'm sorry for bringing up the Ultimate line again). I think those guys found a balance between Pietro's douchey-side and sensitive-side. Most writers just focus on making Quicksilver an *******, which is only fun in moderation.

What's happening with Hawkeye now? I heard his solo was really good.
    Idk Hawkeye is probably good, but I really dislike Fraction so I do not want to buy it, the added fact that he's wearing his bland movie costume repels me even further.

Simply put, I would put up with Hawkeye in his movie costume with a writer I like. Or I would put up with a writer I dislike and have Hawkeye in his classic costume you can't do both Marvel I hate to break it to you.

I am not familiar with Gage or Fialkov's work but I'd give them a shot.

BANNED

Also: I just read Quicksilver in Avengers...#17, I believe. He's pretty much a star character in that issue. He gets kidnapped by, I think, Mole Man?
    He wants to know the secret to Pietro's super speed. And Pietro won't tell him (cause...it's not a secret). And he gets so sassy with him. Classic Pietro. <3
    Mole Man needs to come back, maybe I would find Fantastic Four interesting enough to buy again. (How did he even kidnap Pietro btw?)

I have had the best idea for Quicksilver's archnemesis let's call him Reverse Quicksilver or Silverquick and his real name would be Dr. Nestor.

Speaking of Hawkeye, he was a bit of a creepy sexist when he first joined the Avengers.

BANNED

Speaking of Hawkeye, he was a bit of a creepy sexist when he first joined the Avengers.
    Send me scans if you can pls <3

Will when I am done working.