Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Hooking up starfire with a titan's member never goes down very well, we all saw how it turned out with roy Harper. I think it best, that her relationship with captain comet is reinstated some how, now that she would be having space adventures.

I think it would really depend on how it was handled.
    I remember the Roy issue being that there was no precedent to it happening and she was being portrayed as a nymphomaniac sex object by Lobdell.

I think if they take the time and show chemistry between the two for an extended amount of time before acting on it, it would likely go much better.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Lmao @ history. It's literal #fakenews.

Maybe those characters aren't showing up because they're books sold like shit?
    Nope, that's not the reason. Otherwise Detective Chimp, Man-bat, Azrael, Starfire, Cyborg, Zatanna, Hawkwoman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman...etc wouldn't be a part of these new JL lineups.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I think it would really depend on how it was handled.
    I remember the Roy issue being that there was no precedent to it happening and she was being portrayed as a nymphomaniac sex object by Lobdell.

I think if they take the time and show chemistry between the two for an extended amount of time before acting on it, it would likely go much better.
    It will still go now badly. There is too much history and baggage from the titans days. It best if dc doesn't explore it, it would ruin the book in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    It will still go now badly. There is too much history and baggage from the titans days. It best if dc doesn't explore it, it would ruin the book in the end.
    Cyborg was never a Titan anymore, though.

Either way, I'm sure the relationships, romantic or not, will be interesting with such a line up.

Astonishing Member

Cyborg and Starfire would be a lot of fun. I know it's mostly just that Starfire could seem to have romantic tension with a bowl of chili (haha, who gets that reference) but I loved their interactions in NTT and I could see them having a thing.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Darkseid is a totally no for me, rest of the team is interesting

I'm going to try the trades for this since Cruz is in it. Hope this doesn't mean that the Green Lanterns solo series is canceled, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Please list for me all the designated B comics that have ever done well, in the history of the medium. The list will be very short, if you can find any at all. You can blow off that long, sad track record if you want to, but a smart bettor wouldn't. Even if, "They're going to do it better this time for sure!"

I'd call it Rumplestiltskin before I'd call it a Justice League B title. Or Macaroni.
    Ultimate Spider-Man says hi.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Futbol View Post
    Nope, that's not the reason. Otherwise Detective Chimp, Man-bat, Azrael, Starfire, Cyborg, Zatanna, Hawkwoman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman...etc wouldn't be a part of these new JL lineups.
    Those literally don’t have anything to do with each other.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I'm going to try the trades for this since Cruz is in it. Hope this doesn't mean that the Green Lanterns solo series is canceled, but it is what it is.

Ultimate Spider-Man says hi.
    I think the future of the green lanterns book depends on what DC's plans are for the Hal book after Venditti leaves. We may get a big writer that wants to switch the whole status quo up

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If Cyborg and Starfire hook up that would be a pretty big bombshell for Titans’ fans. I’m sure there would be a lot of polarizing opinions. I would be all for it.
    ...I'm not sure how I'd feel about that .

While interesting have Justice League cosmic team still don’t know why Azrael is on team which my understanding he is street level character why swap him out for cosmic characters like Captain Comet or Sodam Yat or put both those on team or even put some New Gods on book.

Not mention not sure liking Darkseid being on the team as teammate doesn’t sit right with me other then that books sounds interesting wait and see.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zoch View Post
    While interesting have Justice League cosmic team still don’t know why Azrael is on team which my understanding he is street level character why swap him out for cosmic characters like Captain Comet or Sodam Yat or put both those on team or even put some New Gods on book.

Not mention not sure liking Darkseid being on the team as teammate doesn’t sit right with me other then that books sounds interesting wait and see.
    I'm hype for Azrael but Sodam Yat retired and unless they change Captain Comet back to his pre-52 version I'm not eager to see him. We'll have to see what Azrael brings. Batcave getting too crowded.

As for Darkseid I never cared about him but this isn't some change of heart trope that happened to him.

Geez. What in the holy hell is DC doing...

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Azreal is a very odd choice here.
    Odder than Darkseid?