Page 72 of 177 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2641

I’m hearing that there’s going to be a a JL part 2 and 3. Here’s hoping WB will green lit Zack Snyder’s wishes to put John Stewart in there as the league’s lantern.

I wouldn't hold my breath for those films
    The J-man

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Just finished reviewing John’s first issue, and it’s decent. Nice to see the Guardians not being inherently corrupt. Loved seeing Kid (Teen!) Lantern, and Simon. Needs more female lanterns, and still not in love with John, but I’ll give this first arc a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Just finished reviewing John’s first issue, and it’s decent. Nice to see the Guardians not being inherently corrupt. Loved seeing Kid (Teen!) Lantern, and Simon. Needs more female lanterns, and still not in love with John, but I’ll give this first arc a shot.
    Thanks for the review.

Did the Green Lantern book get released already!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Thanks for the review.

Did the Green Lantern book get released already!?
    No, it comes out Tuesday. I’m a reviewer for a comic website, and get to read everything before it’s released.

No, it comes out Tuesday. I’m a reviewer for a comic website, and get to read everything before it’s released.
    Ok cool! When you post your review, can you give us a link? That would be greatly appreciated

Ok cool! When you post your review, can you give us a link? That would be greatly appreciated
    Absolutely! I love sharing my reviews. Hoping to pull a Simone/Thompson, and make some connections and able to jump into the industry.

Careful what you wish for...

Absolutely! I love sharing my reviews. Hoping to pull a Simone/Thompson, and make some connections and able to jump into the industry.
    Thanks!

That would be totally awesome if that happens. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    lol yea I see what you mean, but I’m open to reading legit criticism on the new run to see other perspectives from a non John Stewart fan’s viewpoint. I want the book to be successful and appealing to fans of John and to new John Stewart readers, who doesn’t know much about John.

Good to hear. I'm looking forward to the issue even more now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    honestly, I think the overall concept of the core needs a rework. Move away form the army and space cop ideaology.

One of the aspects that always nagged me about GL is that he's suppose to be patroling this huge sector of space but he's on earth half the time. It'd be nice if that could be addressed so it's less of an issue.

Other then that my only other concern about GL is how he's shown in live action. The Ryan Reynolds movie still gives me concern about hpw WB would handle a GL movie, but I think it can be done.

For aduiences I believe they should start out with simple/practicle constructs kind fo like the Justice League cartoon did then evolve into more advanced constructs as audience grow more comfortable with the character and his abilities.
    I don't think you can fully move away from the space cop/space army aspect but if they are going to pursue that angle, maybe they should be organized like one. Like have all the GL's operating out of one precinct or space station and they just send out whoever is best suited for a mission be it on earth or in a galaxy far, far away and maybe have the GL's s be more specialized in their fields.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, WB needs to cast new thespians for some of the characters, imo.

Incredible Member

*tries to hold in laughter*
    Don't complain. Create.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

I’m hearing that there’s going to be a a JL part 2 and 3. Here’s hoping WB will green lit Zack Snyder’s wishes to put John Stewart in there as the league’s lantern.
    Eh, unlikely at this point. Which to me is a bit sad, considering WB/DC touted the Multiverse during FanDome last year. It's the greatest excuse to put everything out there for all fans to be happy. Instead, they're using it as their excuse to ignore things, reboot, etc. I mean, that's fine, I guess, but unnecessary and something that I think doesn't play well with all fanbases within the greater fanbase.

I know Zack and his team would have done justice by John Stewart. Zack said John is his favorite Lantern so that right there was enough for me to have confidence.

Right after Batman and Superman, Green Lantern (specifically John Stewart) is among my favorite superheroes of all time. I can only hope that the HBO Max series or whatever the heck they're doing now will do him justice.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    If it's by someone who actual READ the book versus the usual suspects who make up stuff for youtube hits and attacks on creators-I'll take an actual reader.

that's all any of us ask for.

thanks for the open mind.

and remember. it's only issue #1.