Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Good to see Mia again

Also nice to see the return of Roys old Arsenal costume, it's one of my faves.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Good GA-Universe photo. Now will they be able to handle alm those archers?

Everybody is here !

Also, MIA!!!!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Ok... This is like, everyone right? I'm not that well versed in GA, specially the new52 years, but outside of Shado I think every arrow-person and/or heavily connected person is here. And in their best shapes.

I love this.

Is that Glowing Green Mask up in the sky a Parallax/Quiver reference?
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Seems like a Hal Jordan reference in general, why would it be a Parallax reference specifically. Not all artists draw the domino mask the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Ok... This is like, everyone right? I'm not that well versed in GA, specially the new52 years, but outside of Shado I think every arrow-person and/or heavily connected person is here. And in their best shapes.

I love this.

Is that Glowing Green Mask up in the sky a Parallax/Quiver reference?

I think that floating person is Count Vertigo

Edit: oops nvm. Read that wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Seems like a Hal Jordan reference in general, why would it be a Parallax reference specifically. Not all artists draw the domino mask the same way.
    Because it was ParaJordan that resurrected Oliver way back in Quiver, and he did so restoring him "at his peak", a logic that seems to apply to all the other characters in the image (Roy with his Devin Grayson Titans suit, Connor in his classic, etc). Along with the pointy end on the mask, seems to me a clear allusion.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Because it was ParaJordan that resurrected Oliver way back in Quiver, and he did so restoring him "at his peak", a logic that seems to apply to all the other characters in the image (Roy with his Devin Grayson Titans suit, Connor in his classic, etc). Along with the pointy end on the mask, seems to me a clear allusion.
    You mean this could be a reference to the other Hal who remained Parallax and hasn't been seen since the "real" Hal beat him awhile ago when he had Krona's gauntlet? Some artists draw the mask that way as I mentioned, it's not necessarily meant to illustrate an "evil" mask. Look at Connor's mask that has pointy ends too.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    You mean this is supposed to reference to the other Hal who remained Parallax and hasn't been seen since the "real" Hal beat him awhile ago when he still had Krona's gauntlet?
    I mean it looks like a ParaJordan reference. No guesses about what it means whatsoever.

Some artists draw the mask that way as I mentioned, it's not necessarily meant to illustrate an "evil" mask. Look at Connor's mask that has pointy ends too.
    Never said evil, man. But those pointy ends, on Hal Jordan specifically (if that is what that mask means), usually reference that period. For comparison:

(I 'think" that those pointy ends were a post Zero-Hour adition, but would've to check)
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 01-04-2023 at 12:58 PM.

It's possible I guess, I usually boil it down to interpretation, sometimes toy manufacturers choose to give him that mask too for some reason.

Perhaps the missing convergence Hal Jordan?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Always Rakzo

The fact that Williamson is using Mia, Arrowette, Brick and Merlyn is enough to make me excited about his work. Peacemaker is also an interesting choice (better than the predictable and unnecessary Deathstroke).

... On the other hand, he's also apparently using Onomatopeia (who was always off as a Green Arrow villain) and Percy's Count Vertigo (who might be the worst Count Vertigo ever) so, who knows what to expect?

Meh, always thought that Judd Winick wrote a better Roy than Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Meh, always thought that Judd Winick wrote a better Roy than Grayson.
    He did, by far. But that costume is fire though.