Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Why would that even be an issue? We already have multiple characters with the same abilities: Iron Man/War Machine/Iron Heart/Rescue, Scott/Hope/Pym/Janet, Steve/Bucky/Isaiah/Walker/Red Skull, Sam/Torres, Clint/Kate, Natasha/Yelena, etc, etc.

I'm going to ignore this rumor until we get more info.
    There are so many derivatives in the MCU, really what's one more to the list?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Okay folks make of this what you will, Grace Randolph is saying that the rumors of them dropping the polymorphic abilities altogether are true and she will be more akin to a Purple Green Lantern instead with the source of her powers being her....wait for it.....HER BRACELET!? Discussion of changes made at 4:50 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=60CV-Oi5858

If this is true. I can add it to the list of opinions on pop culture subjects I have had that made everyone mad at first (Ms Marvel was being held back by her powerset. Star Wars stuff, Star Trek stuff) but I ended up being right about. It's getting to be a long list.

By the way, isn't Shang-Chi going to be focused on Bracelets as well?!
    Grace Randolph has been historically unreliable with a lot of her scoops. Just recently she was proven wrong yet again when Yelena Belova didn't show up in The Falcon And The Winter Soldier like she kept saying she would for months. She gets some stuff right every now and then, but she's so full of **** so often that I wouldn't really be counting on anything she says. I do believe the rumor about the purple powers based on evidence that I've already posted about here, but I don't believe that they're getting rid of her polymorphic abilities altogether. I believe they are simply trying to find an alternative so they would spend less time and money on the shapeshifting, which would be quite a lot for a solo hero show with around a 6-hour length.

It also seems clear to me why Grace believes this rumor so strongly: she's obviously pushing the narrative that Kamala needed a new origin because she won't be an inhuman and ''Kevin Feige hates the Inhumans'', which I don't think it's true at all. There has been actual evidence about her show tying to the Inhumans, so that's yet another thing I think she'll be wrong about. The thing you need to know about Grace is that she gets so caught up in her own rumors that she's never willing to admit she's wrong, which is likely why she's doubling down on this. Much like she kept doubling down on the rumor that they'll recreate Black Panther digitally for BP2, even after Victoria Alonso straight-up said Marvel wouldn't do that.

And as a side note, I really can't take her seriously when one of the points she unironically makes in the video is that Kamala is paying homage to Kamala Harris because... she's wearing sneakers. Yeah, Grace, that is totally the only reason why a teenage girl would wear sneakers. No teenager wear sneakers if not for political reasons. LOL
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-03-2021 at 05:02 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Embiggen is just a catchphrase, and it's not as nearly as endearing or as important to the character as fans like to think it is. The Fantastic Four movie is on the horizon. Disney also has Elasti-Girl from The Incredibles as well. I can easily see Feige deciding that he didn't want yet another stretching character.
    I'd rather see her than Mr. Fantastic. Besides, as many pointed out, we already have a bunch of characters with similar power. Is there really even that much difference between Thor and Captain Marvel? Strength and flying are way more overused than shapeshifting

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    She’s usually unreliable, but she hits close enough to the mark just often enough for us to worry
    Ok

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Kamala's "S" is part of "The Marvels" logo, the title of Captain Marvel 2 as shown in the video (at 2:47).

Title announcement:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/movi...-marvels-title

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Kamala's "S" is part of "The Marvels" logo, the title of Captain Marvel 2 as shown in the video (at 2:47).

Title announcement:

I'm guessing Carol spends more time with Kamala here than in the comics.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Amazing Member

I REALLY hope they don’t change her powers! I mean it’s true there are similar ones, but Kamala has had these powers in the comics for YEARS! They’ve become iconic for her! You can’t just change a superhero’s powers that they’ve had in the comics for their entire run! She’s had them in all her comic runs, the champions, and every single appearance she’s had in other people’s comics! And you’re telling me that people think they’re gonna switch it with a crappy green lantern knock off!?
    Sorry for the rant, I just really like her powers and hope they keep Kamala the same (;__; )

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelManiac View Post
    I REALLY hope they don’t change her powers! I mean it’s true there are similar ones, but Kamala has had these powers in the comics for YEARS! They’ve become iconic for her! You can’t just change a superhero’s powers that they’ve had in the comics for their entire run! She’s had them in all her comic runs, the champions, and every single appearance she’s had in other people’s comics! And you’re telling me that people think they’re gonna switch it with a crappy green lantern knock off!?
    Sorry for the rant, I just really like her powers and hope they keep Kamala the same (;__; )
    I wouldn't like it either. IMO the Green lantern stuff is just discount shapeshifting anyway. But I wouldn't put too much stock into rumors right now

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I'm guessing Carol spends more time with Kamala here than in the comics.
    That's probably a given.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

Title announcement:

Probably me just trying to be hopeful but I was rewatching this trailer and at 2:45 when the logo for “The Marvels” appears you can see the lightning bolt or the S that’s shown stretch into the logo. Sooo more evidence that they WON’T change Kamala’s powers maybe??? lol

On a side note, the trailer didn’t show when Ms. Marvel was coming out, can anyone shed some light on that? Is it still coming out late this year?
    Last edited by MarvelManiac; 05-03-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelManiac View Post
    Wait, where did you hear about them changing her powers?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's probably a given.
    I wonder how their relationship will be, or how hers with Monica will be too

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wonder what they're gonna do about her secret identity. The MCU never had the ''Clark Kent factor'' in terms of unrealistic secret identities. So far, the only heroes who managed to have a secret identity had to cover their entire faces. So how will Kamala fit in that, when she only has a domino mask? Will they break the realistic approach so she can have a secret identity or they won't even bother?
    That might be part of the story.

Fangirl Kamala is so enamored of Comic Book Super
    Hero tropes that it hasn't occurred to her that a domino mask can't hide her identity at all. So in practice she has to do a lot of hiding. Or shrinking really small/ growing really tall so nobody can get a good look at her face.

PS: Kamala's Ms. Marvel outfit might be the first time I have ever seen a movie hero costume look better in real life than in the
    comic books.

Kamala could easily separate herself from Reed if they play into the shapeshifting aspect. They don't seem to care about the numerous characters with super strength or vague energy blast that are only different in color.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Kamala could easily separate herself from Reed if they play into the shapeshifting aspect. They don't seem to care about the numerous characters with super strength or vague energy blast that are only different in color.
    Exactly. Those two and flying are way more overused than any shapeshifting power. But somehow those powers get repeated ad nauseum and that's ok?