Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast
    Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    Even New-Deal Superman, Siegel and Shuster's original "Champion of the Oppressed" wore his blue tights, red cape, red boots and, yes, his red trunks. He didn't run around in jeans and a t-shirt. He may have stood up for the little guy, but he still dressed like no one else. And he still should, in my opinion.
    Except he's not anymore. Wearing tights may have been a new thing in 1938 (and even then, the whole point was that it looked like wrestlers and circus strongmen), but nowadays, All the heroes are wearing them (or alien armor depending on your time period).
    So really, in this day and age where every one is a metahuman, putting a jean and a t-shirt actually is "dressing up like no one else".
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Retired

I foresee a lot of homeowners scratching their heads next Hallowe'een when kids come to the door in jeans and a T-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I foresee a lot of homeowners scratching their heads next Hallowe'een when kids come to the door in jeans and a T-shirt.
    "It is a costume! Really! It's what Superman wears!"
    "Right kid. Put more effort into it next time."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    "It is a costume! Really! It's what Superman wears!"
    "Right kid. Put more effort into it next time."
    they probably saw few people cosplaying the new 52, so why not a much easier costume? put a t-shirt and a jeans.
    It just take away the magic of superheroes

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    ....Aren't you supposed to dress up as a monster in Halloween?
    Why would you dress up as Superman?
    Last edited by Auguste Dupin; 03-22-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This strikes me as temporary until they can come up with whatever the replacement for the armor will be. Maybe the old trunks? (HINT! HINT!) Maybe they'll give him the new costume from the movies. Maybe they'll go for something more like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-Co...re+enix+figure
    Last edited by superduperman; 03-22-2015 at 07:54 PM.

BANNED

Maybe theyre using this to introduce a better costume.

But I like much better than the New52 original costume.

This is it.

No collar [x]
    Doesnt look 15 [x]
    No overcomplicated lines [x]
    No armor/anime look[x]
    No silly cape with a non-costume[x]
    Not slenderized/feminized [x]

Fleischer S [x] [x]

Maybe I just like the absurdity of it too. Maybe theres a touch of joy that New52 fans hate it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This strikes me as temporary until they can come up with whatever the replacement for the armor will be. Maybe the old trunks? (HINT! HINT!) Maybe they'll give him the new costume from the movies.
    You totally necro'd my post.

This strikes me as temporary until they can come up with whatever the replacement for the armor will be. Maybe the old trunks? (HINT! HINT!) Maybe they'll give him the new costume from the movies. Maybe they'll go for something more like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-Co...re+enix+figure
    No offense, dude, but I can't see how you can dislike the New 52 costume and be fine with this.....thing.
    Seriously, Square Enix, WTF am I looking at?

I was wearing jeans and a tee cleaning out the garage yesterday. With that and my short haircut, neighbors cried "hipster!!!", "bro!!!!" & "goodbye, my childhood".

What a mess, won't make that mistake again ��

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    No offense, dude, but I can't see how you can dislike the New 52 costume and be fine with this.....thing.
    Seriously, Square Enix, WTF am I looking at?
    I'm not, it was a joke!

I'm not, it was a joke!
    Ho. Ok.
    Still; WTF, Square Enix?

BANNED

"Why do the trunks not "hold up with the times"? What exactly is the problem with them?"
    What's the problem with them? People laugh at them, because they look silly. A good superhero costume should look cool to the kids. Not have them make jokes about it.

How can it become outdated? When people think it looks outdated. Like when they think it looks silly. It's an aesthetic and that entirely works on taste. Comics nowadays aren't drawn, printed, or coloured the same way they were in the 40s, why rely on what looked alright then when your entire medium has changed?
    Last edited by LoneNecromancer; 03-23-2015 at 10:20 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    What's the problem with them? People laugh at them, because they look silly. A good superhero costume should look cool to the kids. Not have them make jokes about it.

How can it become outdated? When people think it looks outdated. Like when they think it looks silly. It's an aesthetic and that entirely works on taste. Comics nowadays aren't drawn, printed, or coloured the same way they were in the 40s, why rely on what looked alright then when your entire medium has changed?
    Thank you.

I knew the Superman's & Batman's outer-underwear (as well as WW's USA flag swimsuit) was silly in the early 1980s. So did many others; I suspect most of them read Marvel or quit comics altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post

You're welcome to your opinion, of course. I think people take comics way too seriously, and silly costumes are part of the fun. If they embarrass you, you may be reading the wrong genre. No amount of costume changes are going to take the absurdity out of comic books, but they can certainly take away the charm and fun.