Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Guys, how would you rate the Post Brubaker DD books? Looking to resume collecting?
    For me Andy Diggle's run is the most unfortunate thing to happen to Daredevil as far as modern writing goes. He had a great premise to work with where Brubaker ended but Diggle's run and Shadowland almost character assassinated Matt. Waid's run was great especially in response to Diggle's. Soule's run is overall good, it's the most inconsistent run for DD in a long time to me and he does make some choices (like the method of putting Matt's identity back in a box from everyone) that were messy, but there were highlights that I thought were cool. The current Zdarsky run is off to a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    During Waid's run, an 8-issue Dark Nights anthology was released and was collected as a tpb. The first story arc by Lee Weeks in the first 3 issues is downright excellent (ranks as my no.1 DD story). The other 2 arcs are forgettable.
    +1 to this. I wish that first story arc was released as it's own collected edition honestly just because it deserves more attention/spotlight like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    I just got Marvel Unlimited yesterday. I’ve asked this before but can’t find the responses, so I’ll ask again. Where’s a good place to start with Daredevil. I’m not opposed to starting at issue 1, from the 60’s. I know it’ll be cheesy, and dated. I’ve never read a single Daredevil book before so any suggestions are appreciated.
    The Miller stuff is the best place to start honestly. If the dated-ness of it is too much you can maybe start with Daredevil Vol. 2 (1998, with how Marvel Unlimited lists it's comics) and read from Kevin Smith's Guardian Devil through Bendis and Brubaker's runs, then maybe skip Diggle's stuff and go right to Vol. 3 and beyond where you can pretty much just read straight through.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Glad to see we're finally into remastering the Frank Miller era even if just barely (and just in art). I don't read it in Masterwork but Epic Collection, but this tracks how I think they'll map out that book with a volume ending with 158 and starting the next one with 159. Also, I'll be glad to see the Roger McKenzie issues appear on Marvel Unlimited.

So, even if you don't read the Masterworks, this is exciting news. And, for those who haven't read the McKenzie run outside of Frank Miller, I'd definitely recommend checking it out. There's some good stuff with the Purple Man in there among other good issues.
    Agreed. The McKenzie run was solid all the way through, with guest-starring roles for the Avengers and both Ben Urich & Becky Blake making their first appearances. Also, classic artwork from legendary artists.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-13-2019 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Added a few words.

Daredevil #7 preview!
    http://ow.ly/hMXR30oWg6L

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Liking the preview.
    I know some did not like Sharma's art but I thought it was pretty good. While it was different to Checchetto's in terms of line and tone, it was clear, it flowed and told the story quite well. And I'm just thankful we didn't get someone like Land or that guy who did the Hunt for Wolverine:X-Men LS as a second artist...you know, someone gawdawful atrocious.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Daredevil commission by Tom Reilly:

really interesting and cool last page to todays issue.

The contents to the Daredevil Epic Collection Vol. 4 - A Woman Called Widow are:

Daredevil (vol. 1) #64-86 & Iron Man (vol.1) 35 & 36.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, I saw that announcement. I'm excited for this one even though there's a lot of bad (or at least very different) stories in it. It's a nice thick volume covering everything before him leaving for San Francisco (#86 works as the end of a volume but could also have started the next one as he leaves his life behind). My biggest complaint is the choice for the front cover. The back cover is that great cover where Black Widow is diving into the water (Hudson River?) and rescuing Daredevil. That one just stands out with its very blue water and just looks so cool. Given the title of this collection, it felt like a no-brainer to me, but I'm glad it's at least on the back.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    really interesting and cool last page to todays issue.
    For sure. I don't know how often it's mentioned in the comics through the years but that aspect is one of the things I really liked about the movie, that he can't even go to sleep like normal people without hearing all the people in trouble.

Really liked this issue, still not sold on the art though.

Issue 11 seems interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, I saw that announcement. I'm excited for this one even though there's a lot of bad (or at least very different) stories in it. It's a nice thick volume covering everything before him leaving for San Francisco (#86 works as the end of a volume but could also have started the next one as he leaves his life behind). My biggest complaint is the choice for the front cover. The back cover is that great cover where Black Widow is diving into the water (Hudson River?) and rescuing Daredevil. That one just stands out with its very blue water and just looks so cool. Given the title of this collection, it felt like a no-brainer to me, but I'm glad it's at least on the back.
    Yes, I totally agree with you. That's a pretty awful cover and the diving Widow cover (Daredevil #81) would have been great. There were too many covers that Daredevil was in the "losing" position.

I think Daredevil #83 would also have been pretty good.

DAREDEVIL #11
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • MARCO CHECCHETTO (A) • Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    IMMORTAL WRAPAROUND VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    “THROUGH HELL” BEGINS HERE!
    • Matt struggles with his inner demons.
    • Duty and honor bound, Detective Cole North continues hunting the vigilantes of New York — his first target? SPIDER-MAN!
    • The Devil still runs the kitchen, but who — or what — are they?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

DAREDEVIL #181 FACSIMILE EDITION
    Written by FRANK MILLER
    Penciled by FRANK MILLER
    Cover by FRANK MILLER
    Visionary writer and artist Frank Miller forever changed the world of the Man Without Fear — and few issues in his celebrated run had the same impact as this one! The psychotic Bullseye is determined to escape from jail and visit vengeance on the man who put him there — Daredevil! But when he finds a way to get free, there’s something he must deal with first — winning back his position as the Kingpin’s number one assassin. And to do that, he has to get rid of Wilson Fisk’s deadly new killer for hire — Elektra, the woman Matt loves! Brace yourself for two brutal life-and-death showdowns as only Frank Miller and Klaus Janson can draw them! It’s one of the all-time great Marvel comic books, boldly re-presented in its original form, ads and all! Reprinting DAREDEVIL (1964) #181.
    48 PGS./ one-shot/Rated T …$4.99

DAREDEVIL BY BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS OMNIBUS VOL. 1 (2ND PRINTING)
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Penciled by ALEX MALEEV
    Cover by DAVID MACK
    ON SALE JANUARY 2020
    An epic of ambition, betrayal, and comeuppance culminates with the world learning the devil’s mask hides a pair of blind eyes! The hero of Hell’s Kitchen is assailed as both civilian and super hero by a wave of his worst enemies - including the Owl, Mister Hyde, Bullseye, Typhoid, and the Kingpin of Crime! But it’s the heart of the Man Without Fear that gets the real workout with not only the introduction of Milla Donovan - but also the Black Widow, Elektra, and Echo! Who? Echo! Plus: the mystery of Leap-Frog and the trial of the White Tiger! Also featuring Luke Cage and Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, and enough other guest-stars to fill a jury box! Collects Daredevil #16-19, #26-60.
    PGS./RATED T+ … $100.00

Yes, yes, yes! The only missing Omnibus in my collection. I have these issues in various OHCs/TPBs.

DAREDEVIL BY BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & ALEX MALEEV OMNIBUS VOL. 2 (2ND PRINTING)
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Penciled by ALEX MALEEV
    Cover by ALEX MALEEV
    ON SALE February 2020
    During a character-defining run, Brian Michael Bendis crafted a pulp-fiction narrative that exploited the Man Without Fear’s rich tapestry of characters and psychodrama, and resolved them in an incredibly nuanced, modern approach. Earning an Eisner Award for Best Continuing Series, Bendis and artist Alex Maleev restored Daredevil to a luster worthy of the all-time greats. In this volume, Bendis and Maleev’s run comes to a blistering conclusion with a Daredevil/Black Widow team-up that takes an interesting turn; untold tales of Hell’s Kitchen past and present; and the return of Wilson Fisk, the Kingpin of Crime! Collecting DAREDEVIL 61-81, WHAT IF? KAREN PAGE, ULTIMATE MARVEL TEAM-UP #6-8.
    656 PGS./Rated T+ …$100.00

DAREDEVIL EPIC COLLECTION: A WOMAN CALLED WIDOW TPB
    Volume #4 in the Daredevil Epic Collections
    Written by ROY THOMAS & GERRY CONWAY with GARY FRIEDRICH
    Penciled by GENE COLAN with DON HECK, ALAN WEISS, BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH & BILL EVERETT
    Cover by GIL KANE
    Daredevil heads out to the Left Coast in a quest to earn back the love of Karen Page — and L.A. has never been stranger! A cast of bizarre and action-packed enemies stands between DD and the woman he loves! Then, back in the Big Apple, Daredevil teams up with the Black Panther and joins forces with Iron Man and Nick Fury. And one of the greatest eras in the history of the Man Without Fear begins when Daredevil and Black Widow become partners! Together, they face Spider-Man, the Sub-Mariner, the Man-Bull, the Owl, the Scorpion and more. But drama and tension are brewing… With the Black Widow in Daredevil’s life, what will become of Matt Murdock’s relationship with the lovely Karen Page? Collecting DAREDEVIL (1964) #64-86 and IRON MAN (1968) #35-36.
    512 PGS./Rated T …$39.99