View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    can I just say quicksilver from mcu was so much sexier than the fox version.
    Preach on!! And just think, if the XCU's Magneto gave his genes up and it produced that, can you imagine what the MCU Magneto is going to look like?

He was a better character than that overrated one Fox pushed out

Extraordinary Member

The Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch parentage poster wasn't real, just a Bleeding Cool joke.

While I am here I'll say something I mentioned in the other thread: while I think it was stupid and petty of the comics to cut the twins loose from Magneto (turning their backstory back into an incomprehensible mess), I think their being Magneto's children had a bad impact on them in the '00s because Magneto is so much more famous than Wanda and Pietro that he seemed to become the most important thing about their lives, especially in other media.

It was especially disappointing to me that when Marvel did the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon and then Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Wanda and Pietro were in the X-Men show as Magneto's children and were not allowed to appear in the Avengers cartoon. Even people who don't care about the Avengers have to admit that Wanda has more of her comics history with that team (and the Avengers cartoon kept writing her out of the stories they adapted for TV). It really did seem like they might be Magneto-adjacent characters forever if Joss Whedon hadn't plucked them away because he wanted to set up the Vision/Scarlet Witch romance from his childhood.

So in that respect I'm glad that they were in the MCU and couldn't be Magneto's children there, because it made more people see that they were not completely defined by Magneto, and it opened up an opportunity for Wanda to have a bigger role in the MCU (or the streaming-TV side of it at least) than she would have had as an X-Men character.

That doesn't justify that comics retcon, because Wanda and Pietro found out they were his kids in the early '80s, and he didn't dominate their lives until House of M came along, so all the comics needed to do was go back to not bringing up their father every time they appeared. Amazing but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Bleeding Cool just posted this. Don't know if it's true, and I haven't seen it reported elsewhere.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...ng-ridiculous/

Is the attempted retcon almost over? Is Marvel set to restore Magneto as Wanda and Pietro's father, restore their heritage and status as mutants? Restore the Magnus Family?
    Wanda & Quicksilver are more time-displaced Grey-Summers kids.

Magneto can do without Wanda and Pietro as much as he can do with them.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson looked sexier in the film than in real life though not good enough to give a stellar performance like the Fox one. The one in Fox was a very acclaimed young and upcoming actor (Evan Peters), people knew him for his acting chops in American horror story not for his sex appeal, something he proved in DOFP. Aaron Taylor-Johnson couldn't do the same in Age OF Ultron, Marvel had to kill him off , turning the focus on the Wanda and Vision relationship over the sibling relationship.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 12-12-2018 at 07:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    This dumb retcon damaged all of the characters involved and threw out decades of great stories. I refuse to acknowledge it as canon.
    HEAR! HEAR ! I loathe marvel comics' disrespect towards the decades of great stories.

A new Hasbro ‘Family Matters’ set is being promoted as an official Magnus family set.

The retcon is coming down, but why do I suspect that Lorna will be ignored even if Marvel doesn’t try for a third retcon of her parentage which they might?

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02...fair-releases/

Lorna will surely be ignored less if her most well-known connection becomes shared with two much bigger characters again.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Lorna will surely be ignored less if her most well-known connection becomes shared with two much bigger characters again.
    Been there and done that for over a decade. They were related in canon for over a decade. Writers and editors were very good at ignoring Lorna and her family connections (outside of the title she was on) and promoting the rest of the family connections everywhere else.

They were far better at respecting canon in that regards and doing something with it AU then 616 where Lorna and Wanda were on the same panels fighting each other in AvX and it was ignored while the editor made noises at the time that seemingly amounted to a view that Lorna took away from Wanda’s parentage.

I think it will only be different if Lorna is actually given clear post retcon relationships to the twins in the crossover or wherever they plan on fixing the retcon. Lorna as far as we know doesn’t even know about the Axis retcon and Wanda talked about her family in Axis as if she had no sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

From Marvelous X-men. Magneto still views the twins as his kids. Sure its an alternate universe but I like how it was handled
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-16-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I'm sure whoever came up with the idea to split the family apart again feels like a total idiot now that Marvel has the x rights back. That is like telling your gf she can go to hell and breaking up with her because you think you can do better only to have her win the lottery the next week. I am not even sure whos idea it was but it stinks of something Brevoort would come up with just to be petty.

Wanda could start another revisited event again... and fix these and other issues.

"House of W"

This time all her doing... her desires...

But not so soon after Age of X-Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    It was a dumb retcon fueled by corporate synergy and a really out of touch view of the relation between movies and comics.
    This is how I view it as well.
    Needs to be undone, but they went to such heights to put it in place it's not going to be easy.
    A challenge an actual writer is to be capable of handling IMO but is there an actual writer among the present day crop who can pull it off?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Unfortunately, Marvel likes to be complete trash, but fans shouldn't have to limit their fandom or throw other characters under the bus to cater to Marvel being trash. Lorna should get stories involving her parentage because she deserves them and has immense potential with them. Not because other characters got screwed out of their potential and she's the only remaining option. There's plenty of room for all of them when in the hands of people who don't suck.

Plus my area of greatest interest in Lorna being Magneto's daughter isn't Magneto anyway. It's her sisterhood with Wanda. I care way more about what amazing stories Lorna and Wanda could have together than about who their dad is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am not even sure whos idea it was but it stinks of something Brevoort would come up with just to be petty.
    I don't think it was Brevoort's idea (it's in-roads to using Magneto to boost books he edits, and in-roads to some control over the X-books), but I know Brevoort doesn't want Lorna to be Magneto's daughter alongside Wanda. And seems to think the role of daughter can only apply to one woman at a time, while the Summers family has three brothers.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I'm of two minds on one hand I think it's a better story Magneto being their dad and I definitely liked Quicksilver's daddy issues once learning his father was Magneto. But on another hand I will also did enjoy Wanda's relationship with Whizzer and wish that wasn't completely ignored either.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Unfortunately, Marvel likes to be complete trash, but fans shouldn't have to limit their fandom or throw other characters under the bus to cater to Marvel being trash. Lorna should get stories involving her parentage because she deserves them and has immense potential with them. Not because other characters got screwed out of their potential and she's the only remaining option. There's plenty of room for all of them when in the hands of people who don't suck.

Plus my area of greatest interest in Lorna being Magneto's daughter isn't Magneto anyway. It's her sisterhood with Wanda. I care way more about what amazing stories Lorna and Wanda could have together than about who their dad is.

I don't think it was Brevoort's idea (it's in-roads to using Magneto to boost books he edits, and in-roads to some control over the X-books), but I know Brevoort doesn't want Lorna to be Magneto's daughter alongside Wanda. And seems to think the role of daughter can only apply to one woman at a time, while the Summers family has three brothers.
    I'm all for the Magneto Large family! And Wanda and Lorna are at the same time totally different characters but share the same tendancy toward mental instability, as if being the daughters of Magnus was a curse. I'd like to see them explore their relationship (I like more interactions between superhero communities) and what it means to be sisters.

And as for the general question, of course they're all the children of Magneto! And Magda.
    We never talk about Magda, she's long thought dead, but we've never seen a body or a grave, no?
    Have we proofs that she's dead?