Page 771 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2716717217617677687697707717727737747757818218711271 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,565 of 20771

I’m going to be in the Seattle area - any recommendations for comic shops, particularly those that sell the hardcovers we all love so much?

Spectacular Member

How long have the superior spider-man ohc’s been oop? I never grabbed the 2nd one and debating whether to search around town to see if forbidden planet etc have one left or if it’ll be loooong gone

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I’m going to be in the Seattle area - any recommendations for comic shops, particularly those that sell the hardcovers we all love so much?
    It depends on what you are after, from my experience you are not going to find much other than what is readily available in print. My last tour around the shops on that side of the Sound I spotted a couple OOP books at The Dreaming, I liked Arcane when they used to be in West Seattle but when I hit the new spot up in Shoreline I really didn't see too much that interested me, but it is still a pretty nice shop. I haven't been over to the East side of the lake in the Sammamish/Issaquah area so I can't comment on those stores. Depending on how mobile you will be down in Lacey about an hour south on I-5 Olympic Comics and Cards has a pretty large selection of all kinds of stuff. It has been about a year since I went into Zanadu in downtown but they used to have a pretty good selection of the standard cover MMW's. Golden Age Collectibles in Pike Place is typically a zoo since it is the middle of a super tourist spot, but if you are hitting the Market you might as well pop in I wouldn't go out of my way though. Also I haven't made it there myself, for some reason I can't explain, Fantagraphics is just south of downtown. While not comic related if you drink beer and you happen across a tap from this little place called Valholl Brewing I have it on good authority they make some tasty beverages
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    How long have the superior spider-man ohc’s been oop? I never grabbed the 2nd one and debating whether to search around town to see if forbidden planet etc have one left or if it’ll be loooong gone
    Around 6 months+ maybe. I reckon you could still find one at a decent price if you shop around and be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    It depends on what you are after, from my experience you are not going to find much other than what is readily available in print. My last tour around the shops on that side of the Sound I spotted a couple OOP books at The Dreaming, I liked Arcane when they used to be in West Seattle but when I hit the new spot up in Shoreline I really didn't see too much that interested me, but it is still a pretty nice shop. I haven't been over to the East side of the lake in the Sammamish/Issaquah area so I can't comment on those stores. Depending on how mobile you will be down in Lacey about an hour south on I-5 Olympic Comics and Cards has a pretty large selection of all kinds of stuff. It has been about a year since I went into Zanadu in downtown but they used to have a pretty good selection of the standard cover MMW's. Golden Age Collectibles in Pike Place is typically a zoo since it is the middle of a super tourist spot, but if you are hitting the Market you might as well pop in I wouldn't go out of my way though. Also I haven't made it there myself, for some reason I can't explain, Fantagraphics is just south of downtown. While not comic related if you drink beer and you happen across a tap from this little place called Valholl Brewing I have it on good authority they make some tasty beverages
    Wow - thanks for this info! I did a google search and checked out some website and the Dreaming was on my list. I’ll check out your other suggestions as well.

Things that piss me off:

Marvel basically says --

-- Buy Spider-Man Epic Collection Volume 1. Old school material. $35 price tag for 500 pages...
    -- Now buy Spider-Man Epic Collection Volume 2. More goodness, and 500 pages! We're raising the price 5 bucks, though to $40.

And now...

-- Hey, here comes Volume 3! We're still charging you $40, but now you only get 392 pages."

WTF Marvel? What are they thinking? Won't be buying this until I see it discounted for like $15. Used to pre-order Epics but lately Marvel's price point and page count are absurdly insulting. They make bank on hardcore fans only.

If you're gonna gouge fans for stuff that's already been corrected and reprinted elsewhere, don't be pr**ks about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    Things that piss me off:

Marvel basically says --

-- Buy Spider-Man Epic Collection Volume 1. Old school material. $35 price tag for 500 pages...
    -- Now buy Spider-Man Epic Collection Volume 2. More goodness, and 500 pages! We're raising the price 5 bucks, though to $40.

And now...

-- Hey, here comes Volume 3! We're still charging you $40, but now you only get 392 pages."

WTF Marvel? What are they thinking? Won't be buying this until I see it discounted for like $15. Used to pre-order Epics but lately Marvel's price point and page count are absurdly insulting. They make bank on hardcore fans only.

If you're gonna gouge fans for stuff that's already been corrected and reprinted elsewhere, don't be pr**ks about it.
    The page count is the page count due to the mapping.

The price point is the price point across the entire line.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    The page count is the page count due to the mapping.

The price point is the price point across the entire line.
    Not true. A lot of Epics are $40, but there's also a lot that are $35. Quickly looking through some of my volumes, Avengers: Behold the Vision and Judgement Day, ASM: Great Power, Goblin's Last Stand, Ghosts of the Past and Round Robin, and Captain America: Dawn's Early Light, Society of Serpents and Streets of Poison are ALL $35 (I didn't flick through my DD, FF or Iron Man books).
    Last edited by Ivan P91; 03-06-2018 at 04:49 AM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I think the $34.99 price point is starting to slowly fade away, if recent solicits are any indication. If Marvel can still sell them at $39.99, I'd expect to see all future Epic Collections at this price.

It won't be long until $50 trade-frickin'-paperbacks are the norm.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Regarding the Superior Spider-Man OHC's, it's pretty fascinating how quickly these collected editions will fall and rise in price. About a year ago volume 3 was in the bargain bins and going for ten bucks or less. Is it now becoming rare?

Anywho, this is one series that deserves an omnibus. It's got the near-perfect length, is self-contained enough, and would save me some shelf space compared to the three OHC's. All great reasons.

Also, while I'm here, let me throw in my twice-a-yearly demand for an Uncanny X-Force omnibus reprint. Literally one of Marvel's fastest selling collections and the movie is hopefully around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Regarding the Superior Spider-Man OHC's, it's pretty fascinating how quickly these collected editions will fall and rise in price. About a year ago volume 3 was in the bargain bins and going for ten bucks or less. Is it now becoming rare?

Anywho, this is one series that deserves an omnibus. It's got the near-perfect length, is self-contained enough, and would save me some shelf space compared to the three OHC's. All great reasons.

Also, while I'm here, let me throw in my twice-a-yearly demand for an Uncanny X-Force omnibus reprint. Literally one of Marvel's fastest selling collections and the movie is hopefully around the corner.
    Omnibus for Superior SM is probably not in the cards, at least for awhile, as they're putting this run in the "complete collection" chunky trades ala Bendis' Avengers of late. Probably 2 (maybe 3?) trades. Doubtful they'd push out an omnibus when those are out, and OHCs already out previously.

For some reason, Slott's Spider-Man run has received ZERO omnibus run. BUT, just about all of it (maybe all of it?) has been released in OHC. So there's that. Granted, his run is so long, you'd be talking many omnibuses if they wanted to go that route, anyways. But I 100% agree, that the Superior run all by itself would make a perfect omnibus - 1 writer/creator, one complete series/run, perfect amount of issues, etc... Ceste la vie.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Omnibus for Superior SM is probably not in the cards, at least for awhile, as they're putting this run in the "complete collection" chunky trades ala Bendis' Avengers of late. Probably 2 (maybe 3?) trades. Doubtful they'd push out an omnibus when those are out, and OHCs already out previously.

For some reason, Slott's Spider-Man run has received ZERO omnibus run. BUT, just about all of it (maybe all of it?) has been released in OHC. So there's that. Granted, his run is so long, you'd be talking many omnibuses if they wanted to go that route, anyways. But I 100% agree, that the Superior run all by itself would make a perfect omnibus - 1 writer/creator, one complete series/run, perfect amount of issues, etc... Ceste la vie.
    All of Slott's main Spider-man run starting with the lead up to Superior Spider-man through the newest stuff has been released in OHC, but before that it's not nearly complete. Only Spider-Island and Ends of the Earth are in OHC. Since Slott's winding up his run on Amazing Spider-man I was hoping for an Omnibus from the beginning of his run (and maybe even back to the Brand New Day era).

I have enjoyed most of Slotts run, but only want SSM in omnibus form was a lot of fun and interesting story.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I have enjoyed most of Slotts run, but only want SSM in omnibus form was a lot of fun and interesting story.
    It certainly could happen. Also, as you can see by my avatar I really enjoyed the Superior Spider-man run.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post

I feel like a Big Time omnibus is the only thing really missing, and I would buy that in an instant. That is #1 on my most wanted omnibus list.