Page 155 of 631 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    My girlfriend calls me and lets me know that her nephew has just been born. Why, am I saying this here? Because the parents named him Namor. They aren't comic fans, they just think it's a nice name. Figure I would share that.
    That is awesome! Obviously those new parents have great taste. : ) At least you know what you can tell your girlfriend to get the baby -- a big book of Namor!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I don't want a new Namor.
    I mean, I'll CHECK OUT a new Namor in hopes that he could be decent, but wtf. Am I the only one in mourning that there is a possibility we could get a brand spanking NEW Namor?
    No. Just no.
    I do not want.
    That's like on every single family tv sitcom where a parent accidentally kills a child's pet and they buy him a replacement one in hopes that the child won't notice, or if he does, he won't care.
    THEY ALWAYS FIND OUT.
    AND THEY ALWAYS CARE.
    You cannot replace Namor.
    You CANNOT KILL HIM AND THEN GIVE US A NEW ONE.
    We will care. We WILL NOTICE.
    And it won't be okay.
    I won't be okay with it.

WHO'S WITH ME?

IM WITH U!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    All right! I like how we've expanded into TV shows, too! : ) Namorita would make a great TV show, IMO, since a lot of her story is about her experiencing the surface world. And Betty would have a good role, since she was Nita's guardian. But I'm not sure they could still do that with Betty being like 95+ years old now!
    it would attract teenage girls, a demograph marvel has been trying to get into.
    yeah i mean there's no way we can change betty's age but it would be nice to see an elderly betty teach namorita, someone who can probably break her in half , surface world manners and how to be a proper lady.
    imagine the fanfare this will get if kamala appears in the series

I was just thinking of how to describe Betty, and feisty was one of the first that came to mind. I bet Betty shares a lot of problems Peggy does in the work place, but yes, she's not as adept as Peggy, though she may be a bit more conciliatory.

I didn't get to watch last night's Agent Carter. But I'm still holding out for a cameo.
    i bet they will be some jerks in the station but i'd make most of them pretty alright guys..before people start thinking everyone from the 40s were sexist jerks :P
    though she would'nt always be there like sharon, she'd out undercover most of the time.

i have'nt watched it too.

if they based season 2 out of marvels project, i'd love that

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    My girlfriend calls me and lets me know that her nephew has just been born. Why, am I saying this here? Because the parents named him Namor. They aren't comic fans, they just think it's a nice name. Figure I would share that.
    that's awesome , do call us if he starts to tear the furniture up :P
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    yeah i mean there's no way we can change betty's age but it would be nice to see an elderly betty teach namorita, someone who can probably break her in half , surface world manners and how to be a proper lady.

i have'nt watched it too.

if they based season 2 out of marvels project, i'd love that
    That would be amazing, because then we would get to see Namor! But somewhere I heard that if they get renewed, they would do Agent Carter stories in the following decades. So, we'd see late 50s Agent Carter, and then late 60s Agent Carter, etc.

I'm going to catch this week's episode On Demand, hopefully tomorrow. I wish this show was more than 8 episodes, but at least they've been jam packed episodes.

They could still use Betty with Namorita if the show was set in the past, like Agent Carter, just not so far back in the past. Or if they used flashbacks.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Also who would you guys cast as a younger Betty if the story went with the past idea, or if it was brought to modern times, who would you have as Betty?
    Okay I've given this some thought, and for me, I could see Emily Blunt playing Betty Dean. She has the athleticism I image for Betty, as well as the quick wits, and what they used to call moxie. I think Betty and Namor should have some of that rapid fire repartee of the 40s movies, like Roslind Russell in His Girl Friday and Myrna Loy in The Thin Man and practically anything with Katherine Hepburn.

I also like Amy Adams for her ability to trade quips, and she has a very period look, but she seems too delicate to me.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I can share a link with any interested in where you can get some AMAZING deals on MMW Sub-Mariner books. It's where I got the majority of mine when I first started collecting them.
    As long as you don't mind buying from ebay sellers. They're all brand new and the service is amazing. Rheged shared the link with me when she was still here.
    Would be greatly appreciative of links, as long as they are reputable I don't mind at all. Thank you very much Cold Water. And thank you too Reviresco for the mention of the masterworks. I have a feeling my summer will be filled with reading a lot of Namor stories.

That is awesome! Obviously those new parents have great taste. : ) At least you know what you can tell your girlfriend to get the baby -- a big book of Namor!
    The amusing thing is that they don't know where they heard it from, but wrote it down awhile ago. She's going to knit him a small trident rag doll. So that's cool.

that's awesome , do call us if he starts to tear the furniture up :P
    He'll be a hellraiser for sure. lol.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I don't know about that, aquaman's been doing pretty well in DC , he has his own book and a spin-off now and that still has'nt budged marvel to do the same

I'd prefer Betty to be alive and part of Namor's cast if they decide to make a movie.
    Imagine how crazy we would get if at the end of Betty's retelling of the 1940s to her grandson, Namor knocks on the door with his blonde cousin.
    That opens up Namorita to her own TV Series tied-in to the movies, similar to Agents of Shield

1) a godfather to Betty's child? a family friend?
    2) i'd imagine they all would have a good, warm relationship with each other. Betty's the first surface dweller he has respect for, right?
    3) I'm not sure of Mr Prentiss's occupation but i'd rather they be SHIELD agents or cops as Betty would be a decorated policewoman
    Good comics sales don't always translate to the upstairs management, meaning the president of Marvel not our creative heads. I'm pretty sure they've noticed Aquaman sales, but I have a feeling the movie would be the focal point because of how the general public would react to having a sea king as a lead. Using that as a stepping stone it might breath some life into the guys upstairs. You can't have an Invader's movie without Namor, and sooner rather then later they're going to have to address that factor.

1) Oh that would be fun. Didn't she have a brother or something too? Family friend could work too, someone that could understand how good a friend Betty was and how strong she could be.
    2)As other's have said, apparently yes. It would be nice to have a strong friendship forged again, also would go a long way in fixing what others broke in how Namor is written in comics.
    3) SHIELD agent or Cops would work, maybe even a private eye so that they wouldn't have to have questions asked if Namor asked them to do something for him or help him with something?

That's how it looks to me. Heck, Jeff Parker, who took over Aquaman after Johns, was interested in Namor -- and was writing Namora in Agents of Atlas. And now Cullen Bunn, who also liked and wrote Namor in Fear Itself the Deep and the Cap and Namor one shot, is the new writer of Aquaman. Missed opportunities, Marvel.
    Is there a fear of Namor because he isn't a "traditional" hero like the others? He's pretty blunt when it comes to things and was a villain at first. Then again maybe it's because of the fact that they're not sure his power set will work? Or it could be the "He's too much like Loki"? I'm not sure what could be keeping him from being used, unless it's the whole "We had all these plans with Secret wars we couldn't have an ongoing because it would screw that up." Do they think the sales wouldn't be there?

All right! I like how we've expanded into TV shows, too! : ) Namorita would make a great TV show, IMO, since a lot of her story is about her experiencing the surface world. And Betty would have a good role, since she was Nita's guardian. But I'm not sure they could still do that with Betty being like 95+ years old now!

And yes, Betty was really the first air breather that Namor considered a friend.
    Namorita would be a cool show. As for Betty, you can always go back to the "She has family" trope and have a younger woman living with her and acting as the secondary to Betty (Watson to her Holmes, or Hasting to her Peroit). Or, as much as I loath to suggest this...Put it as the Namor we meet in the Invader's period is actually Namor's grandfather or even his Mother, and have him coming to the surface later on making Betty a younger woman when Namorita comes into the picture. Hell have Namorita be in High school over college.

I was just thinking of how to describe Betty, and feisty was one of the first that came to mind. I bet Betty shares a lot of problems Peggy does in the work place, but yes, she's not as adept as Peggy, though she may be a bit more conciliatory.

I didn't get to watch last night's Agent Carter. But I'm still holding out for a cameo.
    You would need to be feisty to deal with Namor it seems. He's got a bit of an ego and a royal attitude. More then likely she would share issues, especially if she's a cop, most women were told to be secretaries not officers. I would think they would send her to deal with Namor because they're scared of him and they figure he won't hurt a woman. If she did show up on the show I would hope it hints at her already knowing Namor, this way people might be interested in seeing who this Sea King was.

As fun as the idea of a Namorita show would be, I could see a selling of Namor easily, especially if you 1) Get a hot male lead, 2) Focus on his er, pardon the pun, fish out of water experiences, and 3) Keep him a Jerk with a heart. Teen girls like shows about themselves, they also like shows about hot young princes from another world who falls for a human. If you do a Namorita series, which would be cool, you'd have to have some eye candy for the ladies too. Story telling would need to be top notch and the effects would be interesting to see.

i bet they will be some jerks in the station but i'd make most of them pretty alright guys..before people start thinking everyone from the 40s were sexist jerks :P
    though she would'nt always be there like sharon, she'd out undercover most of the time.
    Well in a lot of cases they were, but....I would say have there be a few more ladies working with her at the station. Maybe have her just starting out even and use her back story during college to show her growing as a person. Same idea of the fish out of water for both of them. Namor's trying to understand the human world, Betty's trying to navigate being a cop and probably not the "big man on campus" anymore. (I picture her as having been the captain of her swim team, highly decorated, etc. and then that sort of world is pulled from her when she becomes a cop.)

Okay I've given this some thought, and for me, I could see Emily Blunt playing Betty Dean. She has the athleticism I image for Betty, as well as the quick wits, and what they used to call moxie. I think Betty and Namor should have some of that rapid fire repartee of the 40s movies, like Roslind Russell in His Girl Friday and Myrna Loy in The Thin Man and practically anything with Katherine Hepburn.
    Oooh a very interesting choice! And I love the idea of the two of them having that sort of wit. The only question would be, would the studio want a romance to come out of this? Or would it be friendship? I would think they would play on the romance angle or at least hint at it, maybe a doomed one because of the whole surface dweller/sea dweller issue?

hey darkspellmaster , thank you for your interesting insights, unfortunately there's half an hour left of work and i usually just browse CBR there.
    there's importaner work stuff i need to squeeze into this last few minutes :P

i will reply to your each of your comments tommorow.

my short reply is:
    Screw marvel!! if they're not gonna do something with him, we should do one ourselves.
    a fan vid webseries of sorts?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

Kristopher Anka just posted this on his Tumblr.

Title: the slutty royals lol.

hey darkspellmaster , thank you for your interesting insights, unfortunately there's half an hour left of work and i usually just browse CBR there.
    there's importaner work stuff i need to squeeze into this last few minutes :P

i will reply to your each of your comments tommorow.

my short reply is:
    Screw marvel!! if they're not gonna do something with him, we should do one ourselves.
    a fan vid webseries of sorts?
    *cough, ahem* writer and voice over artist here *cough*
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Lol we should pool our resources!
    i will supply unconventional ideas..and the funnies

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I don't want a new Namor.
    I mean, I'll CHECK OUT a new Namor in hopes that he could be decent, but wtf. Am I the only one in mourning that there is a possibility we could get a brand spanking NEW Namor?
    No. Just no.
    I do not want.
    That's like on every single family tv sitcom where a parent accidentally kills a child's pet and they buy him a replacement one in hopes that the child won't notice, or if he does, he won't care.
    THEY ALWAYS FIND OUT.
    AND THEY ALWAYS CARE.
    You cannot replace Namor.
    You CANNOT KILL HIM AND THEN GIVE US A NEW ONE.
    We will care. We WILL NOTICE.
    And it won't be okay.
    I won't be okay with it.

WHO'S WITH ME?
    I am! I blame it all on him falling in with the X-Men. LOL

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

thank you, you are far too kind.
    doom will be pleased with your service too
    You deserve the kudos. I hope the Master doesn't think I have been a slacker but work has been crazy busy this month.
    Can't wait to get the lastest Sub-Mariner Masterwork. That will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I blame it all on him falling in with the X-Men. LOL
    Part of me really wishes he never became involved with the X-characters. Am I crazy in thinking that?

BANNED

Yes. Because he was amazing in the X-men, and he's one of the reasons that the Extinction Team was so interesting.