Page 196 of 667 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 10005

Man, I wish I saw this before I made my list today:

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

In the "collusion" department... a judge just made public 50 pages of texts between Paul Manafort and one Sean Hannity. Hannity keeps trying to set up meetings with Manafort to "strategize" about how they'll handle the Mueller investigation, including what he can do to spin the news coverage of Manafort's crimes on his nightly Fox News show.

Fox News is a white nationalist, state-run news outlet. Make no mistake. And if any journalist on any other network got caught doing this, they would be fired on the spot, and never work again. This isn't reporting, this is playing partisan defense.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    In the "collusion" department... a judge just made public 50 pages of texts between Paul Manafort and one Sean Hannity. Hannity keeps trying to set up meetings with Manafort to "strategize" about how they'll handle the Mueller investigation, including what he can do to spin the news coverage of Manafort's crimes on his nightly Fox News show.

Fox News is a white nationalist, state-run news outlet. Make no mistake. And if any journalist on any other network got caught doing this, they would be fired on the spot, and never work again. This isn't reporting, this is playing partisan defense.
    Manafort told Sean Hannity in texts he would never give up Trump or Kushner

Which is going to happen first? Hannity is going to be brought up on charges? or he's going to be dropped by Fox News?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Four toddlers were so severely ill and neglected at a U.S. Border Patrol facility in McAllen, Texas, that lawyers forced the government to hospitalize them last week.
    The children, all under age 3 with teenage mothers or guardians, were feverish, coughing, vomiting and had diarrhea, immigration attorneys told HuffPost on Friday. Some of the toddlers and infants were refusing to eat or drink. One 2-year-old’s eyes were rolled back in her head, and she was “completely unresponsive” and limp, according to Toby Gialluca, a Florida-based attorney.
    Meanwhile, at our totally not at all concentration camps...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/four-...b07ae90d9cfe4f

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Glad to hear you weren't personally affected, but I can't believe that the place had a fire less than 2 weeks ago and they hadn't done anything to avoid this sort of disaster. I guess this is deregulation at work.
    Yeah, I know. Two incidents at the same plant in one month should raise alarm bells like crazy, and I pray the city demands investigations before another disaster hits.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    You can't really pin the Iran situation on Trump, the entire GOP was pretty thoroughly committed to abandoning the Iran deal as soon as it was feasible and then finding some excuse for a military intervention. The thing is that some countries are too strong to risk an attack over some minor incident, whereas others are too weak and would make us look bad if we went after them, but Iran is right in that Goldilocks zone, where nobody will feel sorry for them if we do attack, but at the same time it's unlikely that our forces will be in danger of actually losing.
    Perhaps so, but the Iranians could turn such a battle into another endless quagmire like Iraq and Afghanistan have been, something I’m sure the American public does NOT want, and could make life hellish for politicians who give the green light to war.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Meanwhile, at our totally not at all concentration camps...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/four-...b07ae90d9cfe4f
    That is so goddamn heartless. I know it's the GOP and the cruelty is a feature and all, but how do you as a BP agent stand by at these places and watch freaking *kids* suffer like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    That is so goddamn heartless. I know it's the GOP and the cruelty is a feature and all, but how do you as a BP agent stand by at these places and watch freaking *kids* suffer like that?
    That's where the 'othering' of people comes in. It makes it easy for those who buy in to justify being cruel.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The same way the guards at other concentration camps permitted such abuses: by the long-standing political dehumanization of the class being subjugated. That's why even using the term 'aliens' has been recognized as problematic. It's why you hear people say 'no person is /illegal/.' It's a push back against that very practice.

And, of course, it's because ICE and CBP is filled to the brim with and has long been infiltrated by Nazis.

You can't really pin the Iran situation on Trump, the entire GOP was pretty thoroughly committed to abandoning the Iran deal as soon as it was feasible and then finding some excuse for a military intervention. The thing is that some countries are too strong to risk an attack over some minor incident, whereas others are too weak and would make us look bad if we went after them, but Iran is right in that Goldilocks zone, where nobody will feel sorry for them if we do attack, but at the same time it's unlikely that our forces will be in danger of actually losing.
    So true, the GOP has zero credibility with me. Does everyone remember when 47 Republican Senators sent a letter to Iran basically telling them not to deal with Obama because they were going to shitcan any deal after the election?

When you don’t consider those people as being human, when you lack anything even remotely resembling empathy, morals or a conscience, it’s surprisingly easy. I’m sure most, if not all of those agents have no trouble sleeping at night.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-22-2019 at 02:24 AM.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...l-postal-union

The Trump administration has supported plenty of moves to make it harder to vote. But an under-the-radar action President Trump took last year, as part of his trade war with China, may be a case of him just stumbling into that outcome, election experts fear.

Trump is threatening to withdraw from the international body that oversees global mail delivery, putting at risk the stability and reliability of the current system of sending and receiving mail internationally.
    Any disruption to the international postal service, voter advocates say, could make an already difficult process of casting ballots for Americans abroad even more complicated. Among those who stand to be affected are members of the military overseas, whose ability to vote while serving their country has always been a politically sensitive issue.

I'm sure some apologists can find a reason why this is Good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Perhaps so, but the Iranians could turn such a battle into another endless quagmire like Iraq and Afghanistan have been, something I’m sure the American public does NOT want, and could make life hellish for politicians who give the green light to war.
    Yeah but I get the sense that the current military establishment has a bit of a video game outlook on war, probably brought on by decades of pundits spinning Vietnam as a win because our forces killed more people than they lost. A lot of these generals probably still fantasize about some repeat of the 1st Gulf War where some dictator is foolish enough to mass his troops out in the open where American forces can unleash their full complement of modern weapon systems against them and win a heroic victory, simultaneously crushing both the enemies abroad and the enemies within who dared to question the wisdom of the warmongers.

Yeah but I get the sense that the current military establishment has a bit of a video game outlook on war, probably brought on by decades of pundits spinning Vietnam as a win because our forces killed more people than they lost. A lot of these generals probably still fantasize about some repeat of the 1st Gulf War where some dictator is foolish enough to mass his troops out in the open where American forces can unleash their full complement of modern weapon systems against them and win a heroic victory, simultaneously crushing both the enemies abroad and the enemies within who dared to question the wisdom of the warmongers.
    Sadly, that sort of thinking, straight out of World War II is horribly antiquated. Nowadays, it's all about guerilla warfare, hit and run tactics the North Vietnamese used to perfection and has been emulated by ISIS, anyone who thinks Iran won't use those same tactics is not only naive, but crazy.

====================

Trump Claims He Got Iran Death Estimate With Minutes To Go. He Should’ve Had It Way Earlier.

Trump’s explanation for why he canceled a missile strike on Iran raises serious questions about his National Security Council decision-making process. Jesus! Talk about the gang that can't shoot straight! These clowns will get people killed! Meanwhile....

Fox News Hosts Doubt Donald Trump’s Iran Strike Story: ‘Doesn’t Make Sense’

Chris Wallace and Shep Smith both claimed “something’s wrong” with the president’s version of events. Of course, Wallace and Smith are the ONLY voices on Faux News who question Trump while everyone else there kisses his orange ass 24/7.

Cities Nationwide Refuse To Cooperate With ICE’s Mass Deportation Raids

Officials in major cities are taking a stand against President Trump’s threats for mass deportation in order to protect their immigrant residents. Good! I hope more cities follow suit.

Fearing Her Husband, She Took His Guns To Police. They Arrested Her.

Joseph Irby allegedly rammed his wife’s car off the road. She ended up behind bars. Insane! And if that ******* winds up killing this poor woman, her blood will be on the hands of the police and the courts.

Donald Trump Shares Bonkers Video Showing Him As President Forever

The 30-second clip caused controversy online. Words just fail me.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Donald Trump Shares Bonkers Video Showing Him As President Forever

The 30-second clip caused controversy online. Words just fail me.
    Only days removed from him claiming Democrats want to destroy the Constitution, he posts something which ignores the part about only serving 2 terms.

On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, as well as 2018, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published profiles of South Carolina State Senator Danny Verdin, a terribly conservative member of that body who did not come to our attention because he believes in banning abortion without exceptions for rape and incest, not for his support of allowing concealed firearms in establishments that serve alcohol, not because he voted for an attempt to nullify the Affordable Care Act in his state, and not because he loves Voter ID legislation that disenfranchises hundreds of thousands of voters. No, what gets our attention more about Danny Verdin is the hard-on he has for the Confederacy, as he is closely affiliated with the Sons of Confederate Veterans, having once served as president of their South Carolina chapter, and that he also helped organize protests to the removal of the Confederate flag from South Carolina state grounds back in 2000 with the white supremacist group, the Council of Conservative Citizens. And don’t think for a moment that Verdin separates his hobbies from his political interests one bit, as he has spoken on the floor of the South Carolina legislature and invoked the attack on Fort Sumter with pride. Verdin would also like the 14th Amendment of our Constitution repealed, referring to immigrants being granted citizenship as a “malady” or “poison” upon the country. It should come as little surprise, then, that even after the assassination of Reverend Clementa Pinckney and several of his flock at the Emanuel AME Church by a shooter motivated by Confederate imagery to commit a hate crime, when the state legislature voted to remove the Confederate flag from state grounds… well, Danny Verdin wanted it kept around. Even the assassination of one of his colleagues was not enough to deter his ardor for a racist emblem from a rebellion against the United States based on people not wanting to give up their slaves. Verdin is also ethically challenged, as within the past several years he tried passing two separate pieces of legislation that would specifically aid his private business as a veterinarian into the South Carolina legislature, including mandatory testing upon hogs before transport, and to shut down mobile vet clinics (that compete with his own non-mobile clinic). Most lawmakers would recuse themselves on a vote on a bill like this if one came up, but to introduce it oneself is about as crooked as it gets.

Now, here's the depressing part... we had hoped that in the wake of the shooting in Charleston, a challenger to Danny Verdin would emerge, and hold his feet to the fire regarding his unstoppable urge to drape himself in the Ol' Stars &Bars. No such challenger appeared in 2016, so this throwback to the gray side of the Civil War will remain a fixture in South Carolina politics and serve District 9 as a State Senator until 2020, and it has left him in the legislature so he can do things like sponsor legislation to bring back the firing squad as a method of execution in South Carolina.

We’re still counting the days, and hoping someone rises to challenge Verdin, and call him out for being the incredible bigot that he is.