Page 184 of 285 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 4267

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    "Uh, Artemis?"

"Hush little one. Only a few more jumps until we get to our target."

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So far I love all the characters and their designs. Lobdell and Rocafort did a great job in creating something modern that feels like a breath of fresh air. There is so much diversity in this group of characters. It's a good mix of different ethnicities, genders, personalities and probably moralities too. But despite or even because of all those differences I feel like this group will have a great dynamic.
    I'm actually surprised that Lobdell made Bunker leave. I feel like Bunker would have been a great addition in the upcoming story arc.

I think Bunker is a good guy at heart and wouldn't have worked with it.

Also, Cloud 9 full shot :

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

So far I love all the characters and their designs. Lobdell and Rocafort did a great job in creating something modern that feels like a breath of fresh air. There is so much diversity in this group of characters. It's a good mix of different ethnicities, genders, personalities and probably moralities too. But despite or even because of all those differences I feel like this group will have a great dynamic.
    I'm actually surprised that Lobdell made Bunker leave. I feel like Bunker would have been a great addition in the upcoming story arc.
    No matter what you think about Lobdell, it has to acknowledge him as one of the few creators that create new characters without using pre-existent characters as a crutch. And for the most part, the characters he makes are pretty distinctive and as you point out, diverse. I'd even argue that his creations are more earnest in that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think Bunker is a good guy at heart and wouldn't have worked with it.

Also, Cloud 9 full shot :

I love this design, to be honest. It's fun, silly and flashy: feels as if Harley had passed through a Borderlands universe or something (with some new brand siren powers). Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I love this design, to be honest. It's fun, silly and flashy: feels as if Harley had passed through a Borderlands universe or something (with some new brand siren powers). Lovely.
    AH! That's it! I was wondering what on Earth her design was reminding me off, yeah she does have a kinda borderlands Siren vibe.
    I was assuming she was an empath/telepath based on the name, but I wonder if she has some kind of elemental or weather powers as well, based on that image.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    AH! That's it! I was wondering what on Earth her design was reminding me off, yeah she does have a kinda borderlands Siren vibe.
    I was assuming she was an empath/telepath based on the name, but I wonder if she has some kind of elemental or weather powers as well, based on that image.
    I have no idea, honestly. Could be a mixed powerset of both, empathy-esque and weather powers. I was wondering the logic behind the name. Babe in Arms is a wordplay, I guess (because, well, we have a babe in arms but he's also a bellicose baby). I can't think of a proper wordplay behind, but it could be some reference to the Ninth Heaven, I guess.

I have no idea, honestly. Could be a mixed powerset of both, empathy-esque and weather powers. I was wondering the logic behind the name. Babe in Arms is a wordplay, I guess (because, well, we have a babe in arms but he's also a bellicose baby). I can't think of a proper wordplay behind, but it could be some reference to the Ninth Heaven, I guess.
    The wordplay is "to be on cloud nine". In the preview Cloud Nine reads a book with the title "Your Romance" (probably a romance book). And she fake-flirts with Red Hood. So I guess she's into romance stuff.

The wordplay is "to be on cloud nine". In the preview Cloud Nine reads a book with the title "Your Romance" (probably a romance book). And she fake-flirts with Red Hood. So I guess she's into romance stuff.
    So that's the phrase I didn't know about that was working there. Thanks!

So that's the phrase I didn't know about that was working there. Thanks!
    I had to google it because I was confused too. In my native language the phrase goes "to be on cloud seven".
    And when searching for the origin of cloud nine there are different sources. Some state that it was originally called cloud seven, then later cloud eight and now we have cloud nine.
    Last edited by Sergard; 08-23-2019 at 02:37 PM.

I had to google it because I was confused too. In my native language the phrase goes "to be on cloud seven".
    And when searching for the origin of cloud nine there are different sources. Some state that it was originally called cloud seven, then later cloud eight and now we have cloud nine.
    Ha ha. In my own, it's "to be in the Seventh Heaven", which apparently has an almost perfect mirror in English, it seems.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

To be on Cloud Nine is to be happy, joyful to the point of being giddy. I'm guessing her powers will deal with some kind of emotional manipulation to make one passive and giddy?

For a short moment I thought the knife in the RH:O #37 preview is the one from #27. But it's a completely different design.

I also wonder if Jason gave Manhunter's staff back at the end of Event Leviathan #3
    - and if it would be considered cannibalism or not if Devour ate Cyborg's metal parts.