Page 343 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2432933333393403413423433443453463473533934438431343 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 20948
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno. I'm sure Yan was part of it but the movie seems to be fulfilling the vision Robbie had and caters well to her Harley. I doubt that's a coincidence.

I don't see why it should be for "good reason." Ideally an adaption should be made to appeal to fans and help new fans understand what this property is and why it's popular.

I think that's more the case with some of the properties they're using now, whereas they started with the characters who comic book fans would recognize more then the average person.

Wouldn't the better comparison for Jordan be Fant4stic? I think he was the only one people really liked in that movie.

The budget's also not that high.
    I know for you . If you don't think is purely Yan's vision then I got a bridge in Gotham to sell you. All Margot is doing is playing her character. I mean, can you even tell me what Margot's "vision" is?

And people don't go from the movies to the comics

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Not sure what the situation is, but if Nelson is throwing shade at Johns, when she was the one who promoted him as DC President in the first place, then they must've had a serious falling out. Maybe Johns isn't that innocent when it comes to Justice League's failure or the many things Snyder fans tend to blame him for in general. I don't remember Diane Nelson ever publicly criticizing anyone and I'm sure she's dealt with plenty of shady individuals during her stint as DC President. So for her to publicly tweet that about Johns perhaps shows us that something isn't the way it seems with that guy.
    I mean, she made Didio and Jim Lee Co-Publishers so is she really a good judge of character?
    Last edited by ross61; 09-19-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    I know for you . If you don't think is purely Yan's vision then I got a bridge in Gotham to sell you. All Margot is doing is playing her character. I mean, can you even tell me what Margot's "vision" is?
    I dunno. A lot of the tone and style of this movie seems catered to Harley, so I imagine that's part of it. And the premise was something Robbie wanted.
    And people don't go from the movies to the comics
    Tell that to DC shoving Harley into the comics Birds of Prey. Although I think that's not really important to my overall point.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    I mean, she made Didio and Jim Lee Co-Publishers so is she really a good judge of character?
    I don't know, but what I do know is that in the corporate world if you choose to publicly throw shade at someone you've closely worked with on an executive level in the past, then things must have really gone sour with that person. That's not what corporate executives usually tend to do, regardless of how much time has passed since Nelson last worked with Johns. She must have had a really bad experience with him to tweet something like that.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-20-2019 at 08:30 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From Grace Randolph (take it with a pinch of salt):

"I'm hearing that #JJAbrams and #WarnerBros are having a "conversation" about him doing a #Superman movie...

It might be #DCEU movie, it might be a stand alone "Elseworlds" style movie - basically whatever will get him to do it."

https://twitter.com/GraceRandolph/st...19397858447361

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

"I'm hearing that #JJAbrams and #WarnerBros are having a "conversation" about him doing a #Superman movie...

It might be #DCEU movie, it might be a stand alone "Elseworlds" style movie - basically whatever will get him to do it."

There is no real DCEU. At this point every film is an Elseworlds as far as WB is concerned.

There is no real DCEU. At this point every film is an Elseworlds as far as WB is concerned.
    I'm kind of all for the DC Multiverse idea personally. Less worry of one film bringing everything down.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm kind of all for the DC Multiverse idea personally. Less worry of one film bringing everything down.
    I guess but it could get really messy.

So far all the films have been connected in some ways, though. Next year will be telling with WW84 especially if there are still connections.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    So far all the films have been connected in some ways, though. Next year will be telling with WW84 especially if there are still connections.
    It was just small elements though. I guess the most "connective" tissue among the DC movies will be blink-and-you-miss it name drops or references.

It was just small elements though. I guess the most "connective" tissue among the DC movies will be blink-and-you-miss it name drops or references.
    But it was the same actors and characters. MOS, BvS, WW, SS, JL and even Shazam have lots of connections. You can tell it's the same universe. Aquaman too with Momoa and Heard.

There are some small retcons but only hardcores notice them..

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    But it was the same actors and characters. MOS, BvS, WW, SS, JL and even Shazam have lots of connections. You can tell it's the same universe. Aquaman too with Momoa and Heard.

There are some small retcons but only hardcores notice them..
    At this point I just don't really think of it as much of a shared universe. Or at least it won't be relevant moving forward.

Maybe future movies will make the same amount of references Shazam made.

At this point I just don't really think of it as much of a shared universe. Or at least it won't be relevant moving forward.

Maybe future movies will make the same amount of references Shazam made.
    they said they are focusing on solo movies, but then Birds of Prey says otherwise. Sure the Batman movie looks like a reboot, but who knows in a few years? I don't think WB really know what's going to happen..

I think WB will try again for a more connected universe if they get some successful solo films. I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

I’d be totally fine with either a reboot or a continuous or soft reboot using Cavill’s MoS. What I really don’t want to see is a full Elseworld. Let’s try to get the traditional version of Superman right before moving onto something like Red Son or Kingdom Come.

JJ bringing Brainiac to the big screen for the first time ever would be enough to sell tickets.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-20-2019 at 02:16 PM.

I guess but it could get really messy.
    How? They're stand alone, how could the mess up other movies? Just as long as they're good or alright it should be fine.