Page 247 of 386 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 5790
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

About it going on Hulu. You might want to check out the source.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    About it going on Hulu. You might want to check out the source.

So another random dude says it's not ?

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    John Campea is a respected film critic and watch the video because it shows the source that people are citing.

BANNED

John Campea is a respected film critic and watch the video because it shows the source that people are citing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    If it's not from the Studio, actors, or director it might as well be from another random dude. Film critics don't hold much weight these days when general audiences and even studios are using Rotten Tomatoes as a metric.

Movie critics, food critics, etc. are being phased out because people have come to the realization that just because you get paid to do that doesn't make your opinion better than anyone else's. People are more likely to rely on their friends/family or those with similar interests for recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    If it's not from the Studio, actors, or director it might as well be from another random dude. Film critics don't hold much weight these days when general audiences and even studios are using Rotten Tomatoes as a metric.

Movie critics, food critics, etc. are being phased out because people have come to the realization that just because you get paid to do that doesn't make your opinion better than anyone else's. People are more likely to rely on their friends/family or those with similar interests for recommendations.
    Rotten Tomatoes is a collection of film critic reviews though.

BANNED

Rotten Tomatoes is a collection of film critic reviews though.
    An individual's opinion like Roger/Ebert doesn't hold the same weight with audiences anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    If it's not from the Studio, actors, or director it might as well be from another random dude.
    That's the point of the video posted however... the origin of the rumor is trailed back to a random podcaster who made a Twitter post that he "heard something" and the movie news sites ran with it.

Honestly I don't care where the movie lands so long as it's great.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Summarize the video, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Summarize the video, please.
    The information about New Mutants being moved to Hulu was posted on this reasonably respected movie site as a rumor and eventually other reasonably respected movie sites took the "news" and ran. Turns out the source of the information was actually some random dude with a podcast who "heard something about..." and was just as shocked as anyone that the information gained such traction. Really the clip is more about "research your sources" than anything about the truth of the matter and wether NM is cancelled or bumped or whatever. Though they were clear that it's possible that the random guy's sources could very well be legit, the message here is that normally if something like this IS true we hear it from trusted sources or people with insider info that can be verified.

Been away and out of the loop for a while now. Seems that it's still all rumours and no re-shoots happening at all. There isn't really a point in pushing it back again so seems highly likely it'll never get released. Tbh even if it does it'll probably suck after all the studio interference and re-shoots. Happened to Suicide Squad, a bunch of studio meddling, re-shoots, tons of footage cut out that probably would have been better than adding more comedy and so on. I wonder what scenes will be cut to make way for MOAR SCARE. I initially thought the trailer was a way to generate excitement and throw people off the actual plot, I actually thought it was quite clever. Guess some studio suits really didn't see the big picture it could have been and were like "Responses to the horror elements were good...Add more jump scares!"
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

I was happy about Hulu release, because I think we will NEVER see this movie big screen premier.

Everything points Dark Phoenix as a disaster. And New Mutants will suffer with it.

Eh, you need to remember that there are also films that sit in the tank for years and swarming rumors of it being garbage because of the need for reshoots and they actually turn out quite good. World War Z is an example of this. People were sitting outside of the theaters with their popcorn waiting for crowds to complain about how awful that film is and it received quite a lot of praise in the end.

Roberto is Afro-Brazilian and Cece is Afro-Bourican.

They messed up from jump. I hope this movie is buried.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Dark Phoenix failed 3 test sessions, it's clearly a remake of the movie that almost destroyed the franchise aka X3 and it have received a very poor marketing campaign with low feedback.

Yeah, we had Venom case last year, a terrible movie that was I big success.

But not even the good X-men movies like First Class or DOFP have been big hits.
    I think people are tired of the Singer/Donner/ Kimberg approach on the X-men.
    X-men should be a franchise of billions of dolars, not 500-700 millions per movie.

It’s gonna be an amazing movie. The hate it gets is BS.